Sign in to follow this  
suhav

Obama political capital

www.rasmussenreports.com. Will show that obama is unpopular, thus lowered capital

that one poll site that chris rayl always posts from will show how popular obama is and has high capital.

Sure, opinion polls are good sometimes, but political capital also includes the influence that the president can have on Congress. Just because the president is unpopular with the people does not mean that he is unpopular with Congress. Just keep this in mind when debating a politics disad.

EDIT: Also, these are cards you should be cutting on your own the day before a tournament. I'm sure you're not going to go back to cross-x.com every Thursday asking for political capital updates.

Edited by aburo

yes norris, take note

Yes, i got served.

But rasmussen and the like post articles that interpret their polls and often mention political capital. couple it with a basica card that says popular presidents get things done or unpopular ones dont get it done and voila, uniqueness.

I used this strategy back at the turn of the century mainly cuz tracking polls are done daily and are up to date.

As for Obama's power over congress, you should find a card that talks about that congressman in Indiana and others who are campaigning on going against him. Thatll be a good for establishing a direct connection between popular approval and political capital.

Edited by Dub8dude

Yes, i got served.

But rasmussen and the like post articles that interpret their polls and often mention political capital. couple it with a basica card that says popular presidents get things done or unpopular ones dont get it done and voila, uniqueness.

Sure, that makes sense. I was just saying that opinion polls alone are sometimes not the best sources of political capital uniqueness. If you can make a logical argument that extends past the face value of the opinion poll, you have yourself an okay disad.

Sure, that makes sense. I was just saying that opinion polls alone are sometimes not the best sources of political capital uniqueness. If you can make a logical argument that extends past the face value of the opinion poll, you have yourself an okay disad.

In my day we had a word for logical arguments extending from facts

Debate.

Lol, I love being an old timer.