Oscar the Grouch

So who is gonna win the Super Bowl?

Texans-Packers

My pick from the AFC used to be the Chargers and well...that doesn't look like it will turn out so well.

I love the Texans... and theyre my team and all... but it aint happening. Our secondary is way too weak. And I'm still not 100% convinced in the running game. Yeah, Foster has shown something, but our O-line is very average in run blocking.

And I posted that before the Grant info became public... do I get a redo?

Why A-Rod? Seriously. Did a bunch of cheeseheads congregate and decide that they really needed to associate their QB with a guy who has paintings of himself as a centaur?

Seahawks are going to the bowl

and winning it

Nah, Seahawks are my favorite team but they are only good against a specific kind of team. That is teams like the 49ers that are stubborn in their run game, rely on it to get their passing game going, and defensively weak against the pass.

A-Rod, Jennings, Finley, and Driver

you sound like jerry jones.

romo, austin, witten, bryant, williams

doesn't win titles

you need either a rushing attack with at least one legitimate back or peyton manning. the packers have neither.

pierre is serviceable and drew brees is better than peyton right now. don't look now but reggie bush may be developing into a legit back too. it seems like he's finishing runs with a lot more intensity since the playoffs started last year. if that keeps up, he has the talent..

it seems improbable that the saints would have no huge problems preventing a repeat this year after going relatively unscathed last year, but as of right now it's pretty clear that they're the favorites until proven otherwise. and watching mike vick beat the packers for three quarters did not prove otherwise.

as far as the seahawks: 8-8 is a minor miracle and i'm not even looking at your schedule

See, i see 8-8 as a realistic thing for them.

Theyre division is shit this year, thats apparent. The Niners are overrated, The Rams are the Rams, and the Cardinals almost lost to the Rams.

They cold go 4'-2 in there division, 3-2 in there otehr home games (loudest stadium in the NFL) and one other somewhere else.

They cold go 4'-2 in there division, 3-2 in there otehr home games (loudest stadium in the NFL) and one other somewhere else.

norris, you werent out drinking last night, were you?

norris, you werent out drinking last night, were you?

2 years ago, the answer mightve been yes, but Law School requires that I at least abstain during the week. Even Tier III Crappy Long program law school

They already won against San Fran

They will probably likely win both home games against Arizona and St Louis

They will got at least 1-2 against those teams away

Win At Oakland

Win against KC at home

Win against Carolina at home

Thats 7

If they win at Tampa and or get a favorabe division road split 8-9

Not difficult at all

This of course discounts the tremendous home field adavnatage of Qwest in games against mediocre Atlanta, New York, and San Diego teams.

Theyll hit 8 easy. If the Niners are gonna bend over like they did the division is theres.

Edited by Dub8dude

8 is gonna challenge for a division title. And I don't disagree with norris at all, its doable for them. They would be without question the absolute worst playoff team of all time, but beating San Fran was huge for their chances.

Oh, and the Lions are gonna win some games without Stafford. My boy Shaun Hill is gonna hold down the fort.

8 is gonna challenge for a division title. And I don't disagree with norris at all, its doable for them. They would be without question the absolute worst playoff team of all time, but beating San Fran was huge for their chances.

Oh, and the Lions are gonna win some games without Stafford. My boy Shaun Hill is gonna hold down the fort.

Shaun Hill was doing his best Orlovsky impression for most of the 2nd half. Stafford is in they win that game easily.

Shaun Hill was doing his best Orlovsky impression for most of the 2nd half. Stafford is in they win that game easily.

23 TDs to 12 INTs for his career. 86 QB rating. 10-6 as a starter. He's not an all-pro, but he's not gonna lose you too many games.

23 TDs to 12 INTs for his career. 86 QB rating. 10-6 as a starter. He's not an all-pro, but he's not gonna lose you too many games.

No, the fact theyre the Detroit fucking Lions is gonna lose them too many games. Stafford is the balls out competitor that can win them some games. Hills a placeholder who got benched for Alex Smith.

Also, anyone remember the 05 Draft where it was down to Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith?

The 49ers took smither and Rodgers dropped to 24th.

Man, 23 teams fucked that up.

They already won against San Fran

They will probably likely win both home games against Arizona and St Louis

hmm. home game against arizona is a trap--arizona has a bye week the week before. i'll give you the one against st louis. 2.

They will got at least 1-2 against those teams away

seems generous, because i don't see what separates seattle from arizona or st louis to the point that we should expect them to beat either of them on the road. but i'm in a charitable mood. i'll give you one. that's 3.

Win At Oakland

Win against KC at home

Win against Carolina at home

disagree on all three counts.

1. what makes you think they're so much better than an oakland team that is much more solid than they looked against tennessee [especially given that the seahawks have none of the strengths the titans wielded against the raiders (like chris johnson)] that they'll win in oakland?

2. what makes you think they stop either carolina or kansas city's run game?

these are the three that i just don't see. reminder: this is a bad seahawks team that was a bad team last year and gutted their badness leaving even less talent behind. they're relying on an old brittle quarterback backed up by the football version of johnny damon [all hair no arm]. they're coached by a guy who has been away from the nfl forever....and flopped even back then. they give touches to julius jones. sure, the teams you mention here aren't perfect, but at least they have clear strengths in two instances and a home field advantage in the other. i think it's ludicrous to write these off. i wouldn't say the seahawks go 0-3, but i can't fathom anyone asserting based off what we know now about these four teams that the seahawks go 3-0 in these games. and as you'll see in a minute, they have to to get the 8 wins you think they will..

If they win at Tampa...

this is more certain than any of the three you gave them above. that's 4.

This of course discounts the tremendous home field adavnatage of Qwest in games against mediocre Atlanta, New York, and San Diego teams.

the thing about home field advantage is that it gets beat by good football advantages. the falcons defense will stifle them in any arena and the mike turner roddy white skill player combo trumps everything seattle has. the giants are mediocre, but mediocre trumps shitty, and their run game shits all over seattles [oh hi you guys gave julius jones 8 touches last week]. not to mention the giants are the second of three teams that get the seahawks immediately following their bye week (NO being the 3rd). san diego is an enigma, sure, but c'mon, the seahawks are 1-2 in these games AT BEST. which gives them 5.

Theyll hit 8 easy. If the Niners are gonna bend over like they did the division is theres.

yeah, i don't think that's going to happen. mike singletary will light a fire under their asses. unlike the seahawks, i like the 9ers to sweep the rams and cardinals and take the division. so even though i didn't look at the schedule when i made my assertion, i'm still buying my blind assertion in light of finally doing so

by the way:

although the cardinals and 49ers are slightly and moderately overvalued coming into the year right now, the rams are at least slightly undervalued. the west looks to be less of a "one of the top two teams dominates the other and everyone beats up on the shitty two" situation and more of a "who is going to be the king of this pile of shit" situation, placing i think a greater onus on them to win some of those non divisional games. if they can do it, more power to them...but that doesn't mean it's not a minor miracle if it happens.

2. what makes you think they stop either carolina or kansas city's run game?

Okay, I'm sorry everyone goes on Madden rating and statistics to evaluate football these days - but I don't know what game you were watching...

The same Seahawks that were claimed by practically everyone in the media to have no pass rushing ability had a very agile QB running all over the field. On top of that Leroy Hill is back - Tatupu is finally healthy (has everyone forgot about the pro bowler?) and Curry is a physical menace - and as soon as he gets his mental prowess to the same level I see the Seahawks as a team that's surprisingly good against the run. (I don't think I need to mention Thomas smashing the shit out of players on runs do I?)

As I said before, the only teams the Seahawks can beat are the teams that rely stubbornly on a rushing game - and rely on it to get their passing game going.

A team like NO will run the Seahawks up and down the field all day.

these are the three that i just don't see. reminder: this is a bad seahawks team that was a bad team last year and gutted their badness leaving even less talent behind.

No, it's just a different philosophy than all of the archaic coaches in the NFL. You're only as strong as your weakest link. (He's stealing a page from Gillick's M's in 2001, team structure and salary wise)

I'm glad we got rid of Douchemanzada - fuck his ego and fuck his "talent"

wide recievers are the most replaceable position in football.

they're relying on an old brittle quarterback

Okay, I hate Farve as much as the next guy but obviously he has to be mentioned here. The only reason Hasslebacks production slowed was because of repetitive injuries linked primarily to a shitty offensive line - which is still shitty but an amazing amount better than it was the year before.

they're coached by a guy who has been away from the nfl forever....

Maybe not this year, give it time. Carroll will prove Karma does not exist, and archaic coaching philosophies are on their way out.

Seahawks will go 8-8 - fuck your media and fuck their east coast bias.

Edited by The Incredible Hulk?

i had a really long response posted and then accidentally clicked somewhere on the page before hitting backspace. i won't be able to replicate the appropriate blend of fiercely indignant while maintaining vintage zack greinke 2009 slider precision until something else pisses me off and i'm on this website. but it's coming.

dave: there's a distinction between having thought processes worth putting money on and pointing out that other peoples' thought processes aren't worth putting money on