Sign in to follow this  
Mister Sulu

Ruben's September 13th Thread (with some soccer shit at the top)

What the fuck happened?

Man City lost 2-1 too, so I guess this means: MLS team in midseason form>Premier league team in preseason form without all their starters. Still, pretty damn embarrassing.

The only logical conclusion that can be drawn from this is that America still owns England's soul in everything.

Actually, I think Sevvs will let this one go. Not only did the Grenke Fans twitter make mention of the game, so does his facebook status.

52K people paid for a tour of New Arrowhead and got treated to a free soccer game.

In other news: I have tickets and my trip set up for Sept. 13. A's v Royals at Kauffman, 2 p.m. Chargers v CHIEFS at Arrowhead, 9 p.m. MNF. It's going to be awesome. 60 beers in a cooler will not be enough.

all this means is that a monday night football game is going to suck this fall because somebody thought the Chiefs should get to play in primetime.

Right, that's all that it means.

1) It means the football enjoying public is spared from watching the Oakland Raiders on national TV again. Seriously, they have hosted a Monday Night game that first week three out of the past four years. Luckily they kept the games competitive while losing all three by a combined score of 92-34. So you're fucking welcomed for giving you a break this season, but don't worry, they'll probably host that first week MNF game next year.

2) It means New Arrowhead gets its due attention.

3) You get to watch a game from the greatest football stadium in the NFL.

4) It's quite possibly the biggest sporting day in Kansas City history. The 1988 NCAA Championship, Game 7 of the 1985 World Series and the 2007 Mizzou-Kansas football game are probably the only competition from the past 25 years.

5) It's probably going to be one of the greatest days to come in the city. The 2012 All-Star Weekend and the 2018/2022 World Cup matches will probably top it, but those are some pretty fucking special events.

6) The Truman Sports Complex.

7) Because of #6, it means Kauffman and Arrowhead stadiums are located a solid Zack Greinke curveball away from each other.

8) It's possible for that day to be Greinke Day.

9) The TSC can hold a metric shit ton of people in the parking lots, and that's important for:

10) Tailgating.

11) Kansas City is streets ahead of every other city when it comes to tailgating. If you don't believe that then you're obviously streets behind.

12) Since the Royals play at 2, the gates to the Sports Complex will probably open sometime between 9 and 11 a.m.

13) Why is that important?

14) Because the Cheifs game doesn't even start until 9 p.m.

15) Imagine you show up late to the Sports Complex (we'll say 11), and you begin tailgating then. Then you go see Greinke and the A's at two, then around 4:30 Kauffman Stadium shuts off alcohol sales, so you either stick around to the end around 5, or you go back to the parking lot to drink more beer and begin tailgating for the Chiefs game....which again

16) Doesn't start until fucking 9 p.m.

17) I already know people who have bought their travel and are flying in from Dallas and DC just for this one fucking huge event.

18) God obviously loves me. Allowing me to see the Chiefs on MNF and the Royals on the same day is pretty badass by itself. But who are the Royals playing? The mother fucking A's!

19) I got distracted at this point...but this day is going to be fucking amazing.

To help you understand how excited I am:

I have a float trip tomorrow. I love float trips. My birthday is next Saturday, I FUCKING LOVE my birthday. My Labor Day trip to Chicago is in a month....but none of that matters because Sept. 13 is going to be so awesome.

Important news first: D. Duffy went 5 IP, 10 h, 4 ER, 1 BB, 6Ks in his Double A debut.

Better news: BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!