Sign in to follow this  
X Spike

Anthro

Does anyone have a good anthropocentrism file i could trade for? I don't need blocks, just cards is preferable.

There was this college team that used a card from "Storm Wolf" (not the actual name, but something similar) from the ALF. Said that human death was good because it saved animals. I don't have the citation, I just remember reading the card. Wish I could be more helpful.

I guess you misunderstood:

Does anyone have a good anthropocentrism file i could trade for? I don't need blocks, just cards is preferable.

I found those, they're super shitty. I mean seriously.

I want GOOD files. Does anyone have one of those to trade?

There was this college team that used a card from "Storm Wolf" (not the actual name, but something similar) from the ALF. Said that human death was good because it saved animals. I don't have the citation, I just remember reading the card. Wish I could be more helpful.

That's at least a starting point, thanks. Do you know of any good files floating around though?

I guess you misunderstood:

I found those, they're super shitty. I mean seriously.

I want GOOD files. Does anyone have one of those to trade?

if anyone had a good file, why would they give it away?

if you want to effectively execute on this arg, why wouldn't you just cut it yourself?

does a good anthro file even exist?

Pretty sure that Shree read Anthro at some point this year. You might want to try sending him a PM?

Pretty sure that Shree read Anthro at some point this year. You might want to try sending him a PM?

I haven't read anthro in a debate that has counted recently (and definitely not in the kill humans/wipeout variety. For that, I would check out UT-Austin's page on opencaselist). I think I read some Agamben arguments about the human-animal distinction in a vdebate (and read an aff to that effect on the college ag topic). Unfortunately, that's not really part of an "anthro file" that I cut-- it was just a random card I cut from this book that I read at one point. It was a pretty sweet card though-- I believe the book is called Zoographies by Matthew Calarco. I would also recommend the book to folks who want to get well versed with Agamben and Derrida-- I found that it explains concepts pretty well.