SPREZZIDENT

nba free agency predictions

What teams do you think had the best and worst free agency seasons so far:

Best:

1. Miami - Not as far ahead as I thought because of all the hate they are recieving, plus they still don't have a roster. But they got the big three (celtics move over).

2. Chicago - Fixed their weak spot in the post with Boozer and got some perimeter shooters in Korver and odds say they'll get Redick.

3. Minnesota - Secured a slew of draft picks to improve their team in years to come and got Beasley and Webster, all under the radar.

4. New York - Although I dislike their choice in Stoudemire, he'll still marginally help the team and they are in contention for a number of other solid names including Felton and their new Russian big man Mozgov and a shot at big players in the future.

5. New Jersey - Didn't get a star but is picking up almost a full roster of solid starters and bench players.

Worst:

1. Cleveland - obvious

2. Utah - Lost two impact players in Boozer and Korver with nothing to show except a trade exception, and might lose Wesley Mathews as well.

The cavs need to trade everyone of value for picks, right now.

Suck for a few years, get lottery picks, and build a core of 3 or 4 good guys instead of one great guy.

When they got Lebron they went from awful to playoffs, making drafting supporting pieces very difficult.

What teams do you think had the best and worst free agency seasons so far:

Best:

1. Miami - Not as far ahead as I thought because of all the hate they are recieving, plus they still don't have a roster. But they got the big three (celtics move over).

2. Chicago - Fixed their weak spot in the post with Boozer and got some perimeter shooters in Korver and odds say they'll get Redick.

3. Minnesota - Secured a slew of draft picks to improve their team in years to come and got Beasley and Webster, all under the radar.

4. New York - Although I dislike their choice in Stoudemire, he'll still marginally help the team and they are in contention for a number of other solid names including Felton and their new Russian big man Mozgov and a shot at big players in the future.

5. New Jersey - Didn't get a star but is picking up almost a full roster of solid starters and bench players.

Worst:

1. Cleveland - obvious

2. Utah - Lost two impact players in Boozer and Korver with nothing to show except a trade exception, and might lose Wesley Mathews as well.

We lost big Al, and the Twolves will still suck even with better players, tbh

they also sat on wally szczerbiak's contract in 09 when they could have cashed it in for a championship, so

how dare you say that? Do you understand how important Wally was to that team's chemistry? Any time you can have Wally give you a full season of being your third/fourth guy off the bench at 13 million you have to ride that til it dies. Where would that 2009 Cavs team have been without Wally airballing 10 footers in the lane while getting shredded by Mickael Pietrus (Mickael Fucking Pietrus) in the conference finals?

If the cavs were really going to kill their chemistry by getting rid of Szcerbiak they would have probably traded Sasha Pavlovic's non-gauranteed deal as well. We saw how big of a nightmare this ended up being when we did trade Pavlovic away eventually. He has been tearing up the NBA ever since he left, and how embarassed must the Cavs front office be now?

And lets be serious, would that 18 million dollars of cap relief even have been interesting to teams? As we have seen over the last year, most teams just gave up on trying to get cap room, preferring instead to accumulate assets. Well, most teams except for half of them. So the Cavs would have been looking at acquiring someone like Marcus Camby. And its not like that even would have ended up being helpful against the guy who ended up knocking us out of the playoffs, Dwight Howard. No, a defensive minded Center who rebounds would have really had a tough time with Howard so no reason to have brought him in.

Shaq would have been available, but I personally like the way the Cavs played it. Watch and see if the team can guard Dwight Howard without Shaq, and if it doesnt work out, we will just get him after the season. After all, whats another year of LeBron James' prime to waste?

Edited by Oscar the Grouch

If the cavs were really going to kill their chemistry by getting rid of Szcerbiak they would have probably traded Sasha Pavlovic's non-gauranteed deal as well. We saw how big of a nightmare this ended up being when we did trade Pavlovic away eventually. He has been tearing up the NBA ever since he left, and how embarassed must the Cavs front office be now?

You must be trolling. I had T-wolves season tickets, and let me tell you what I heard in the Target Center almost every game: "Sasha Pavlovic, go back to Russia!" (he's from serbia, but still) Pavlovic is one of the worst if not THE worst player of all time. Words will not accurately describe how shitty he was. He's touted to be a shooter, but he misses most of his shots. I'm surprised Rambis even lets him play at all. People say he has good D, but it's nothing special compared to anyone else on the roster. Heck, I would trade Pavlovic for a sack of used basketballs. He is that bad. Don't believe me? Well, you weren't there, so how would you know? The only reason we had him is to balance out salaries for trading. He's a useless piece of shit.

see some people can use sarcasm in ways that dont amount to trolling. in my case, it is a way to vent my anger without yelling, or freaking out. I can make attempts to play off my feelings of regret and total frustration at missing a chance to watch my team win a championship in 2009, as well as the chance to win further titles in 2010 and beyond with failed humor. This way my bitter feelings of sadness have an outlet. yes, you guys have to read it, and i apologize, but it does allows me a sort of catharsis. i think.

I know that Sasha Pavlovic is garbage. I watched him play for the Cavs for several years. He went from being a piss-poor defender to a passable one, and may be the worst passer in the NBA. So I used what is called sarcasm as a way to make fun of the Cavs for failing to use his non-guaranteed 5 million dollar contract in conjunction with Wally Szcerbiak's 13 million dollar expiring deal in a trade to bring in someone that might have been able to defend Dwight Howard.

John Knowles, in A Separate Peace, calls sarcasm a tool of the weak. i think this term certainly applies to Cavaliers fans in our present state.

see some people can use sarcasm in ways that dont amount to trolling. in my case, it is a way to vent my anger without yelling, or freaking out. I can make attempts to play off my feelings of regret and total frustration at missing a chance to watch my team win a championship in 2009, as well as the chance to win further titles in 2010 and beyond with failed humor. This way my bitter feelings of sadness have an outlet. yes, you guys have to read it, and i apologize, but it does allows me a sort of catharsis. i think.

I know that Sasha Pavlovic is garbage. I watched him play for the Cavs for several years. He went from being a piss-poor defender to a passable one, and may be the worst passer in the NBA. So I used what is called sarcasm as a way to make fun of the Cavs for failing to use his non-guaranteed 5 million dollar contract in conjunction with Wally Szcerbiak's 13 million dollar expiring deal in a trade to bring in someone that might have been able to defend Dwight Howard.

John Knowles, in A Separate Peace, calls sarcasm a tool of the weak. i think this term certainly applies to Cavaliers fans in our present state.

Without googling it name me 7 cavs from 2002 and ill feel sorry for you.

I'm sorry for overreacting, but it's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet besides the obvious troll posts or [/sarcasm]

I'm sorry for overreacting, but it's hard for me to detect sarcasm on the internet besides the obvious troll posts or [/sarcasm] because I'm an idiot
Fixed.
  • Upvote 1

Without googling it name me 7 cavs from 2002 and ill feel sorry for you.

carlos boozer, darius miles, ricky davis, zydrunas illgauskas, dajuan wagner

is what i had before i googled it. Ive been very honest about how i became a cavs fan. I didnt follow the NBA closely, and if anything was a Pistons fan. I started following the Pistons really closely because they had Richard Hamilton and my best friend liked them. However, when i decided that I was all in on the NBA and I really wanted to follow it, the Pistons won the title and there was no way that I could have cheered for them without being a bandwagoner- so I picked the Cavs because Im from Toledo and already liked the Browns and I thought it would be interesting to follow LeBron's career.

Since then, Ive obviously become attached to the team and will stick with them. its going to get ugly, though.

Fixed.
Yeah, it's really fun fixing other peoples' post because it somehow makes you intellectually superior. [/sarcasm]

I'm sorry for overreacting, but it's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet besides the obvious troll posts or [/sarcasm]

If you can't tell someone is being sarcastic when they make a positive comment about Sasha Pavlovic, then I am not confident that the [/sarcasm] tag will work much better for you.

• Upvote 1

If you can't tell someone is being sarcastic when they make a positive comment about Sasha Pavlovic, then I am not confident that the [/sarcasm] tag will work much better for you.
I know people who legitimately think that Pavlovic is good

they also sat on wally szczerbiak's contract in 09 when they could have cashed it in for a championship, so

yea, they could have traded him and sasha pavlovic to the clippers and had Marcus Camby. This would have given the Clippers cap room, which they absolutely wanted, and the Cavs a big man who could have defended Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard.

If i just would have said that originally hadoken couldnt have ruined the goddamn thread.

Maybe I missed it, but you're also forgetting how they passed on Amare because they wanted to keep JJ hickson.

Maybe I missed it, but you're also forgetting how they passed on Amare because they wanted to keep JJ hickson.

The suns don't need amare cuz they have nash

I was talking about the Cavs

Oh, there was also the use of the MLE on Anthony Parker instead of Trevor Ariza.

I was talking about the Cavs

Oh, there was also the use of the MLE on Anthony Parker instead of Trevor Ariza.

not this one actually, though it hurts even more. the cavs offered ariza the same contract as Houston did, and Ariza and LeBron talked about what it was like to play in cleveland. Ariza asked if LeBron was going to stay because he didnt want to sign a 5 year contract and then have LeBron just leave one year into it. LeBron refused to commit to staying (go figure) so Ariza signed elsewhere.

We then signed Parker and had every NBA analyst call it a good move, as Parker is a decent role player. and then the cavs had him start just about every game. terrible terrible terrible.