SPREZZIDENT

nba free agency predictions

i'll take 40 games of amare over a full season of boozer because a full season of boozer does not give you a chance at a title, whereas if amare's 40 games encompass the entire postseason there is a sliver of hope

I'm not sweating it because I believe Bosh is going to Miami. But I do believe Pat Riley/Wade have Boozer ahead of Amare on their list.

And I think Amare is going to re-up with the Suns soon.

(And yes, that is a change from my original post).

if Lebron and Boozer both end up in Chicago ill go into severe depression. lebron can go there with amare or bosh or ANYONE ELSE. just not boozer

thats my point. if the cavs could have built around those two they never would have signed larry hughes. i dont need to say anything else. they still havent recovered from that signing. where is larry now?

I predict I won't care and I'll be tired of hearing about it two hours ago. Yes, I understand the significance of this year's FA.

Bosh isn't going to Miami, Michael Beasley in a swap with a future pick for Bosh? No. Bosh has made it clear that a sign and trade deal is going to happen, which means the Lakers, Rockets, Bulls, or Nets. I bet the Rockets.

Bron,Amare,Ray Allen-NY

Wade-Miami

Bosh-Houston

David Lee-Miami

Boozer-Nets

Paul Pierce-LAC

Johnson-Chicago

BAM

i really think there's no way lebron goes to new york, they botched this whole ordeal. there's absolutely no way that miami sits on lee over boozer.. if boozer is choosing between nets and heat he goes heat. pierce to the clippers is of course my pick so i won't criticize there. you really think the bulls won't get a post player? bosh to houston makes a lot of sense in several ways. ray allen is kind of irrelevant. i'm more interested in redick and gay than ray ray

Everything not NY related- Redick maybe sign and trade to Utah for Boozer? I think that maybe Lee goes Bulls. It's really hard to know, things change for me pretty quickly for most of these guys. I think that Boozer is better in NJ than Miami, and he knows it. Getting a dump off from D Hare is better than D Wade, especially considering how Boozer plays. Additionally, I think that it is nearly a fact that Riley comes back next year and Boozer is a bit of a slacker on the Defensive end and isn't going to want to play for that. I like the Nets play on all of these guys, I think that they have a promising franchise in NJ considering Wesley Johnson as a trade piece in a sign and trade(MELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the NEts?????). In the end I only really care where Bron Bron goes, love the Bulls but its all about BRon.

NY- I think that LBJ has to win ONE title in NY to be an iconic sports figure there forever, he knows that. He makes that team very attractive when they get the FAT Ed Curry contract (get it?) off of the books. There are some attractive pieces there, and attractive coach, and any guy to have played in Pheonix under Mike D fits well in that system. If LBJ signs NY it is automatically in play that Melo, KDurant, Dirk, Bosh, and everyother player ever will want to come there, its the big apple, they can win a title.

PS-Dont count NJ out of any guy, a new owner, the better Lopez brother, and the possibility of Brooklyn are all very sexy. Plus Jay-Z??? Dude Jay-Z, seriously what more could you want?

Ray Allen- He is relevant next to Bron, makes him play better ball and above all else makes him look better. Ray Allen was VERY relevant in game two of the NBA finals, and for a mid level exception guy thats all that you need. The only reason he excercised ETO was to win another ring, and he thought his chances were better elsewhere. He is missing out on probably 10ish million dollars by excercising that ETO.

Other plays that I think are VERY important in this entire thing;

Channing Frye

Redick

Salmons(reportedly back to Fearing the Dear anyways)

Richard Jefferson

Grizzlies just made an absolute bone headed move. I understand how the cap works and they might feel like they had no choice, but goodness let the dude walk. You have OJ, and a solid core absent Gay.

Jp

This is annoying. Lebron has had weeks to think about this. Hes making the same amount of money anywhere he goes.

Methinks he likes the attention.

Wade: Miami

Lebron: Bulls

Bosh: New York

Amare: Miami

Johnson: Atlanta

Boozer: Somewhere away from Utah

Wade: I don't think he'll want to move to a lesser team, he has a supporting cast and the team seems to be on the rise. I don't think he has any incentive to leave.

Lebron: I think he'll ultimately decide for a team with a nice cast, that's the bulls. New York would be my second guess but i think he'll be deterred because it'll feel too much like a building project for him like cleveland. It also would add another twist to the MJ comparisons. Plus I just really want to see him go to my second favorite team. Also, going to Miami wouldn't add to his rep or legacy like the others, I don't think he wants to share as much credit like the Celtics do. I'm not seeing he's a selfish player on the court, but I think he'd want an NBA title to be seen as his doing, no one elses. Plus Wade might take a little too much out of Lebron's stat column for him to feel comfortable.

Bosh: Yes him and Lebron have been buddying it up all postseason but I think Bosh secretly wants to be the star player. Being Robin to James in New York is a possibility but he'll definitely stay out of Miami because I don't think being Alfred is enough for him. I think New York appeals to him more because the glamor and glitz as well as the chance to be the face of the Knicks franchise.

Amare: Nice consolation prize for the Heat as they wait for a year or two to make another big buy.

Boozer: As a huge Utah fan I hope he leaves to free up some salary cap space for a center. Millsap is good enough to take over, plus drafting two more power forwards should add some depth to that position. I don't know many teams who have really taken a true interest in Boozer but I could see him in Washington or maybe Chicago, plus a chance of the Heat picking him over Amare, which i doubt. I think he'll just be the third choice for every team looking for a power forward, its hard to see how those distant dice fall.

Which brings up a question, what true, solid centers are free agents that can be starters, i can't think of any beyond shaq, who i don't think is a worthwhile investment anyways.

This is annoying. Lebron has had weeks to think about this. Hes making the same amount of money anywhere he goes.

Methinks he likes the attention.

i absolutely guarantee he does not sign anywhere for at least a solid week.

sev, im not sure i want to start ww 3 over it, but i do think that you are severely underrating Ray Allen. Ray could honestly end up getting 3 years and 40 million the way things are going here

Holy shit. Do teams just not understand that there is a CBA around the corner? The teams who don't have a chance at landing big stars and are just standing pat right now with their cap space or MLE are actually looking pretty smart.

Wade: I don't think he'll want to move to a lesser team, he has a supporting cast and the team seems to be on the rise. I don't think he has any incentive to leave.

Sir, I think that you know absolutely zero about the NBA, I hope you didn't make any good arguments after this because I quit reading. I think that we can all agree, including you since you will now know the facts, that Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley don't constitute a "supporting cast and the team seems to be on the rise." Those are the only two players currently under contract by the Heat and they are trying to move the latter.

JP

Sir, I think that you know absolutely zero about the NBA, I hope you didn't make any good arguments after this because I quit reading. I think that we can all agree, including you since you will now know the facts, that Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley don't constitute a "supporting cast and the team seems to be on the rise." Those are the only two players currently under contract by the Heat and they are trying to move the latter.

JP

the "on the rise" thing could have been a euphemism for weed smoking, in which case chalmers and beasley are easily the standout young up'n'comers in the league

JP

you misunderstand me, although i think you're wrong regardless. Chalmers and Beasley are a better supporting cast than the other places courting Wade, i.e. New Jersey and New York, (I might give you Chicago). And both of them are improving. And the on the rise comment was refering to next season when the Heat should be able to get some more fire power with the money they have to spend. Considering this thread is about free agents i figured that was implied. unlike other teams, the heat are in a position to really acquire some assets before next season (even bosh or lebron), I had previously picked amare to go there but it looks like he'll be a knick now but regardless they'll find someone else. so yes, they're on the rise. Also considering that wade has said he'd rather stay in miami than elsewhere, i still think i'm right. Not to mention what i said latter in my post that i'm skeptical whether wade would really want to share a spotlight with lebron, or vice versa, so i don't think he'll move to get with lebron either.

Chalmers and Beasley are a better supporting cast than the other places courting Wade, i.e. New Jersey and New York, (I might give you Chicago).

LOL.