SPREZZIDENT

nba free agency predictions

Id like to be a guest contributor on that blog

Lebron to Nueva York. Bosh as well

Amare will go to Miami, where wade will stay

Joe Johnson will wind up in chicago.

Lebron hyped off world cup, decides between either Real Salt Lake or LA Galaxy.

I say LeChoke goes either to Cleveland or New York; Wade stays in Miami; Bosh, Boozer, or Stoudamire will end up in Washington, while another goes to Chicago, and one (probably Stoudamire) stays put. Most people, I think, will stay put.

• Downvote 1

Wade and Bosh to Miami

LeBron stays in Cleveland

Amare and JJ to Chicago

Boozer to Nets

Knicks get clusterfucked

If we let you write a post for the blog, it would practically become your blog.

If we let you write a post for the blog, it would practically become your blog.

ONE OF US IS POSTING LATELY.....

anyway. the key player is lebron, obviously. so let's start there:

Lebron to Nueva York. Bosh as well

Amare will go to Miami, where wade will stay

Joe Johnson will wind up in chicago.

i don't see lebron to NY. i think he's torn between being loyal to his hometown and winning titles. i don't think the marketing thing plays as big a role in his decision as the people in NY/NJ hope he will. so i see lebron choosing between his best chance for a title [chicago] and his loyalty to cleveland, so i don't see this scenario unfolding. but IF lebron DID go to NY, bosh would follow fo sho. i think miami and chicago would then engage in a bid war over amare; i think miami would win, i think chicago would settle for boozer, and something about pat riley tells me he won't get in the bid war for johnson after johnson proved he's anti clutch. i think he'd go for a couple of mid levels before he targeted johnson. so yeah, johnson could go to chicago..if they bid for him. but would he play at a discount for NY to play with lebron and bosh?

I got:

Miami: Wade, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson

Chicago: Amare

Cleveland: Lebron

i don't think lebron stays in cleveland. cleveland is a mess right now and lebron refuses to participate in the owner's selection process for filling out the organization. how can he turn down playing with rose, noah, deng [and bosh]? the pieces in chicago fit him better. this is sort of like an inverted celtics big three situation--james and bosh are the two stars, but rose/noah/deng compose a better supporting cast than the celtics had in place AT THE TIME [obviously rondo > rose now, but rose now > rondo then; noah now > perkins then]. if they can find a james posey type vet with range and defense to slot in there as either the sixth man or, depending on the extent of the range, maybe in the two slot between lebron and rose, they would be FILTHY.

but if you're right and lebron stays, then the bid war is chicago/miami for bosh. bosh probably picks wade, amare's now being recruited by NY and chicago...i'm not sure what he does there, but i think joe johnson follows him.

Wade and Bosh to Miami

LeBron stays in Cleveland

Amare and JJ to Chicago

Boozer to Nets

Knicks get clusterfucked

by JJ i assume you mean jj redick who is clearly the secret key to this free agency period. talk about a nice piece to add to a more traditional team with some driving ability around him and less spot up shooters. can you imagine wade and amare running the pick and roll with redick running around the court getting open? or what about james and rose penetrating towards redick's defender with bosh waiting on the weak side for putbacks? i honestly think redick is a commodity a little way down the game tree

LBJ is gone. dont even blame him. if he can get on the same page as bosh they almost have to go to chicago. he can play in cleveland with

Mo Williams

Anthony Parker

LeBron James

Antawn Jamison

Anderson Varejao

with Telfair, Moon, Powe, and Hickson off the bench

or in Chicago with

Derrick Rose

Luol Deng

LeBron James

Chris Bosh

Joakim Noah

with Taj Gibson, Brad Miller, Hakim Warrick and the midlevel exception.

So I think he almost has to leave. Its gonna be fun cheering on the cavs when i live in Cleveland next year. at least ill have the Browns.

anyways, if OKC is smart (and they have shown that they are) they will go after Ray Allen. they had no 3 point shooting after Durant last year and to go with a cliche, "would provide a good veteran presence in the locker room" for a young team. added bonus: he can guard Kobe about as well as anyone and would add some serious hatred to what should be a fun Lakers-Thunder rivalry.

It sucks to be the Knicks, Im guessing.

you know who OKC should actually target? jj motherfucking redick. before you laugh this off, go back to the '09 finals. he did not embarrass himself guarding kobe then, and he's better defensively now. he gives you better three point shooting at this point in his career than ray allen; he's a better decision maker in the open court than allen; i think he meshes better as a purely complementary piece since allen has been the man in the past and still has the "don't pass anything up" mentality ingrained in him where redick has proven to err on the side of unselfishness; he's way younger and thus more likely to improve/less likely to fall off a cliff...this is a great piece for a rotation. i like harden as a sixth man scorer more than a durant complement anyway.

god, i'm seriously excited about jj redick's next stop

i dont agree with you sev BUT i dont strongly disagree with you. which is crazy because Ray Allen is one of my favorite players and JJ is prob my least favorite. He would certainly fit in there, I dont believe he is a starter, or as good as Ray, but he would absolutely help out, and would probably be cheaper than Allen as well.

wave one predictions

lebron: chicago

bosh: chicago

looks like we have a winner

Derrick Rose

Luol Deng

LeBron James

Chris Bosh

Joakim Noah

with Taj Gibson, Brad Miller, Hakim Warrick and the midlevel exception.

brad miller's gone. bulls currently can't sign both james and bosh at max, but hopefully the starting five ends up looking like that.

cap numbers aren't as set in stone as you'd believe they are. chicago will be able to get 2 max deals in, bank on that.

having said that i don't think joe johnson will be one. i've been leaning NY on him all along [difficult though because you'd think he is several steps down the game tree] but i've heard a few more things that make me think [a] absent other free agent results, he would definitely prefer NY, and he might push to get that max contract before the other more important pieces fall. a is obviously an imperfect contingency and b is obviously a long shot but if i were a betting man i would toss some chips down on joe johnson ending up with d'antoni. the knicks probably know lebron's a long shot and they *can't* get shut out. even though johnson is the worst of the lebron/wade/bosh/amare group, there are enough other max contract available gm's out there that the knicks may feel pressured to offer a quick deal if johnson tells them he'd take it

does anyone else have a hard time seeing Wade and Lebron playing together? they are the best players in the league in my opinion, i just dont know how it works together

wade and lebron are legitimate team players. if put together they could do it. my question is whether they legitimately want to win a title that badly that they would knowingly sacrifice stats to join forces. it's easier to join with a post player when you're an elite wing because there's less direct competition for touches..but on the other hand, do you really need five offensive players if you're running wade and lebron pick and rolls? what about five defensive players if you can put either lebron or wade on the other team's best player and have the other play free safety? hell the other teams would all go on strike for 2011 and cede the title right away. that would be absurdly unfair.

I have to say I'd be very surprised if Amare goes to the Heat. He seems to be below Carlos Boozer on their radar. Boozer and Wade are friends, and I don't think Pat Riley wants Amare because of his lack of defense/rebounding. Boozer isn't an elite defender, but he rebounds the ball. Plus, he will probably be cheaper than Amare. Amare's max contract under the current CBA will be higher than the max of the big three free agents.

i know. i picked amare to the heat because i wish it would happen. boozer isn't good enough to take wade back to the finals..and i say that despite being the biggest boozer fan ever

I'll take a full season of Amare over the 40 games that Boozer will give you every day. And I don't ever want to be forced to have to root for Carlos Boozer.