Sign in to follow this  
Marty McFly

Toy Story 3

Probably the most quality animated film I've ever seen. A really satisfying end to a great series. Has anyone else seen it?

Probably the most quality animated film I've ever seen. A really satisfying end to a great series. Has anyone else seen it?

Not yet but all my friends agree.

• Upvote 1

The animation is certainly the best ever surpassing The Incredibles, which I didn't think was possible. The script itself is also very amazing, on par with Up though TS3 was much wittier. Everyone should see it straight away.

JP

Closest I've ever been to crying in a movie.

Everyone should see it right now.

• Upvote 1

I saw it yesterday and didnt know it was in 3D till they handed me the glasses.

3D movies are fun.

• Upvote 2

Yeah forgot that it almost made me cry.

JP

I'm not gonna lie (or be an internet tough guy for that matter), I teared up at the end.

Meh I liked Toy Story 1 more.

Reasoning: Every 3rd movie in a series blows hard (well, is the worst compared to the others)

Evidence: Matrix 3, Scream 3, Shrek 3, Star Wars 3 (Revenge of the Sith), Scary Movie 3, Halloween 3, Rambo 3, etc.

Indiana Jones is the only exception with 4 just being god awful

Reasoning: Every 3rd movie in a series blows hard (well, is the worst compared to the others)

Evidence: Matrix 3, Scream 3, Shrek 3, Star Wars 3 (Revenge of the Sith), Scary Movie 3, Halloween 3, Rambo 3, etc.

you're an idiot.

While that rule is normally true (arguably), Toy Story 3 (along with LOTR: ROTK) is clearly the exception.

When you provide a warrant besides "Ever 3rd movie in a series blows hard" I might consider making a better response.

• Upvote 1

you're an idiot.

While that rule is normally true (arguably), Toy Story 3 (along with LOTR: ROTK) is clearly the exception.

When you provide a warrant besides "Ever 3rd movie in a series blows hard" I might consider making a better response.

Tangential to this: Am I the only one who thinks that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was the best of the original Indy trilogy?

re: Toy Story

I liked it a lot. I laughed quite a bit, but I didn't come away with the same impact y'all did. Maybe I went in with my expectations set to high, but I was a little underwhelmed. Don't confuse that with, "I didn't like it." Just sayin'.

Tangential to this: Am I the only one who thinks that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was the best of the original Indy trilogy?

re: Toy Story

I liked it a lot. I laughed quite a bit, but I didn't come away with the same impact y'all did. Maybe I went in with my expectations set to high, but I was a little underwhelmed. Don't confuse that with, "I didn't like it." Just sayin'.

Dead on.

Hard to go wrong with Connery.

you're an idiot.

I viewed TS through older eyes, and not in 3D 0.0

Would that make any sense (and I forgot about RotK)

it was emotional, but just didn't have the appeal it had when I was a child. I mean, if I watched the pokemon 2000 movie now, it would suck way more. It didn't meet the expectations I had (high) after TS1+2. Then again, being the 3rd movie, I shouldn't have been disappointed (not saying it sucked, just not as good as the other movies in the series that I grew up on)

Edited by Shinku-hadoken

I nearly cried at the end, and there was some quality stuff in there. In typical Pixar style, there was plenty of stuff for younger kids to enjoy, but there was some high-quality wit and humor for older people

*very slight spoiler*

Barbie and Ken were gold, just about all the way through.

TS3 was amazing, absolutely amazing. And everyone I was with (all in their mid to late 20s or late 50s) cried at the end. Though, best animated movie seems a bit much. Wall-e or Up probably take that cake. (Probably of quality as Ratatouille or Finding Nemo). Still, the best of the trilogy (though the first one was a revelation for what it was), and an amazing movie.

• Upvote 1

I cried.

:( now i can't see it. i hate movies where inanimate objects or animals are given human consciousness & are discarded/treated poorly.

i didn't like toy story when i was younger for that very reason....

Six Stars, just cuz i can.

The 3-D was the best i've seen, because they didn't try to over-do it, they kept it crisp and simple.

Rocky 3 was my favorite, four and five were awful.

Avatar was also good, oh wait... that wasn't intended to be another pocahontas movie, nevermind.

Six Stars, just cuz i can.

The 3-D was the best i've seen, because they didn't try to over-do it, they kept it crisp and simple.

Rocky 3 was my favorite, four and five were awful.

Avatar was also good, oh wait... that wasn't intended to be another pocahontas movie, nevermind.

Rocky IV is brilliant.

I must break you.

Temple of Doom was always my favorite