hkhhs

NFL Nationals 2010

Rowland Hall is the first team from Utah ever to reach the finals. Whitney Young is the first UDL team ever to reach the finals. And regardless of who wins, this will be the 26th consecutive year that a national circuit team has won the NFL National Championship (1984—Huron, South Dakota).

The fun begins at 12:30PM and will be streaming live at nflnationals.org.

~Bill

Rowland Hall is aff. They are reading an aff to expand head start by modeling the Abecedarian project.

First is an economy advantage.

Productivity

State budgets/deficits

Competitiveness/skilled workers shortage

Transition wars impact.

Edited by brainjohn2005

The first ten seconds of the 2AR didn't help Rowland hall at all.

yeah. imo, if the judges thought the round was close at all, then they'd lean towards neg

• Downvote 1

The first ten seconds of the 2AR didn't help Rowland hall at all.

explain? i'm stuck in the airport and am curious.

also, shout out to kent denver for making it as far as they did with THOSE politics links. you know the ones i'm talking about.

the 2nr strat was horrendous imo.

Let's not insult the teams that were substantially better than you as evidenced by their performance at this (and other *cough the TOC cough* tournaments).

• Downvote 1

Being reasonable, I do not think it is insult to say the strategy was not strong. However, people should remember the tournament. You can win on a single Solvency take out. You can win if there is an alternative, which is not the affirmative, but it isn't called a "counterplan."

You can however say things with more tact. Why not say, I did not understand the strategic value of the 2nr? Same point, no insulting language.

• Downvote 1

Let's not insult the teams that were substantially better than you as evidenced by their performance at this (and other *cough the TOC cough* tournaments).

I'm not sure how I'm insulting them per se, merely commenting on/criticizing the strategy.

explain? i'm stuck in the airport and am curious.

2ar said something about how if neg had access to head start maybe they wouldn't have dropped a lot of args

2ar started with someting similar to "Judging by the 2NR strategy, the negative could have benefitted from having a better childhood education". I don't think Head Start was explicitly mentioned IIRC (not that it matters much)

It captured the attention of the audience, to say the least.

Hey, not on the current topic, but my internet went down about half an hour before the final round, anyone know where i could find a recording of it? I looked on the website and was lost in the endless waves of speech stuff.

policy finals are being broadcast now. better hurry and watch it.

edit: for whatever reason, it cut away mid 1ac, and is now playing jazz music to an empty hall...

Edited by leonardjp