nathan_debate

Debate Camp Evidence List 2010-2011

LOL @ not public ev.

Not sure if this is complete.

I feel as though Pointer is a jerk.

Gonzaga Debate is here, absolutely free, kind of like Ubuntu and speech.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qss045arpp44qju

Thanks,

A happily (and easily identifiable, if someone wanted to) anonymous account

That's only about half the files.

There's a torrent website mod somewhere shaking his head right now. This is like pirating a Nirvana album, only to have the torrent contain 18 copies of Smells Like Teen Spirit.

• Upvote 1

I feel as though Pointer is a jerk.

It's worth talking to him about the subject before calling him a jerk in a public forum. I was fully about to post GDI files last year, but it came up in a lab discussion and he convinced me not to. He's not anti free evidence, he's just anti cross-x.com. GDI files all get posted on openevidence in a few months. It's not that he doesn't want it distributed, it's just that he just thinks he (/GDI staff) should have some control over when and how. I disagree with him, but I decided it was worth respecting his wishes and waiting a month or so for the openevidence version.

EDIT: your Ubuntu analogy is also flawed. When was the last time you downloaded Ubuntu from somewhere that wasn't linked to from ubuntu.com? While it is free as in freedom software, you don't see people leaking early betas or whatever. People are willing to wait for Canonical to put out a new release. The evidence will be up well before tournaments start anyway, so is it really that big a deal to pay him the respect of not posting it on cross-x?

Edited by poor.yorick

Still not complete, but here's some more GDI ev...

http://www.mediafire.com/?yl1wdepo824y6g4

May your PRE-SEASON prep be informed and knowledgeable, and may you celebrate your Internet-given right to download FREE things from more than one place.

Free content, like free code, is productive. Open ev is open source.

I wonder how long it'll be before GDI starts licencing their ev... although I think it'd be pretty sweet to see GDS post some shit under creative commons!

• Upvote 1

Still not complete, but here's some more GDI ev...

http://www.mediafire.com/?yl1wdepo824y6g4

May your PRE-SEASON prep be informed and knowledgeable, and may you celebrate your Internet-given right to download FREE things from more than one place.

Free content, like free code, is productive. Open ev is open source.

I wonder how long it'll be before GDI starts licencing their ev... although I think it'd be pretty sweet to see GDS post some shit under creative commons!

*sigh* Way to be responsive... GDI is not opposed to open source open evidence. Not even pre-season. It will be on open ev well before the season starts. See my above post. Please stop it with the false analogies.

EDIT: obviously you're going to post what you're going to post, I'm just annoyed that you totally ignored what I said and continued to post blatantly false things. I'm objecting less to what you're doing and more to the manner in which you're doing it. It's one thing to leak GDI evidence because you think everyone should have access to it immediately. It is, in my opinion, much worse to characterize the institution as an evil proprietary system, when it is explicitly in favor of open evidence, and to call its employees names in the process.

EDIT 2: last year GDI went on open evidence on August 1. I'd say that's pre-season.

Edited by poor.yorick

Complete... I think all of the files I have are in the 1st post in the thread.

Obviously its still lacking about 2/3rds of files that are out there...perhaps more. If you have some files (JEDI/Kansas, UNTIF, Michigan, SDI, etc...) Please, please, please help out this project and the debate community....Thanks so much from me and your community.

If you post a mediafire link or another URL I'll try to add it to the first post ASAP.

Show some community love!!!!!

Edited by nathan_debate

IDK. That is just a copy of the CD that they gave the coaches. It was at the end of the 2nd week, and they said that they would put up any new ev on their coaches workshop gmail, but nothing has been added since they gave out the CD.