Sign in to follow this  
KCScotch23

Debate Camp

Why do you even care? Look around the Kansas forum, some people posted where they are going already.

Chris, Michael, Mark aka Toast, and Wil from SME are going

...to GDI

Erica Hui and Christine Hruska from SMW i think

...also to GDI, he thinks

I will be at UMKC 3 week.

• Downvote 1

Why do you even care? Look around the Kansas forum, some people posted where they are going already.

...to GDI

...also to GDI, he thinks

I will be at UMKC 3 week.

He's a noob; forgive him

I'm graduated so I'm not going to any kinda camp this summer but I do have a few recommendations

Based on price range they should go in an order like...

UMKC's 3 week is a relatively cheap camp with the UTD and UNT staffing it. Plus a few of the UMKC folk. It's a good camp for the cost.

In the same price range is also the KU camps. This is where I've gone for the last few years and it's resulted in 6X National qualifying and winning DCI. The lab leaders are good, and the camp begins relatively soon June 19th I think. This is the one that I personally would support the most.

Higher price ranges which are tested include the previously mentioned GDI, which is of course good. The SME kids can tell you that SDI is also good. These two camps are relatively more expensive.

Highest bracket includes the Michigan camps, I know a few kids that have gone there. The Pembrook kids all went to the 4 or 7 week and had good times and also qualified to the TOC, one group as Juniors. The other top bracket of price range includes Dartmouth which also requires a flight to New Hampshire in order to drive to the actual school, my brother went there and he placed 3X at nationals.

I am graduated now, but went to JDI last year (JDI 2-week)... definitely was worth the money... the lab leaders are amazing and many of the people that went to the camp were state champs/national qualifiers/did well at tournaments... Lawrence is also a great place to be...

Another potential camp that I would recommend is the Baylor Debate Camp... It has gotten some good rep from the people that went to it from my squad (well... now old squad).

The main thing about camp is how much effort you want to put in and how much you want to spend. :D

Because aimlessly poking around a massive forum for random postings is more efficient than consolidating the information/discussion into a single thread? We'll agree to disagree.

Not sure why you're being confrontational with someone who's trying to ask a very legitimate question. Knowing who goes to what camp allows someone to find a compatible camp roommate, carpool/travel together more efficiently, exchange ideas/lecture notes, initiate inter-camp scouting early, etc. Sounds like you've never leveraged any of these efficiencies though. That's a shame.

• Downvote 1

I'd recommend going to JDI. Its a great camp and you don't have to worry about shipping a month's worth of clothes, tubs, ect. on a plane. This year I'm going to gdi.

Edited by Inherencyftw