Cherymenthol

Susanne Kappeler, The Will To Violence: The Politics of Personal Behavior

Thank you.

Now is it a good argument?

The perm usually solves the individual responsibility alternative. I haven't seen a carded answer to it after reading her stuff.

The perm usually solves the individual responsibility alternative. I haven't seen a carded answer to it after reading her stuff.

Pages 69-71 provide some language/reps first analysis that works well with perm still links type arguments. Also, Nayar cards are just as useful because the global/local stuff is pretty applicable.

Pages 69-71 provide some language/reps first analysis that works well with perm still links type arguments. Also, Nayar cards are just as useful because the global/local stuff is pretty applicable.

Could you explain, I'm a little confused (with the jargon as well).

Also what is the best link.

Because of this most perms still link.

On this resolution (military troop reduction/pullout) might have less of a link than any in recent history given its a negative action (getting rid of existing action). Although the security reps still link.

Because of this most perms still link.

On this resolution (military troop reduction/pullout) might have less of a link than any in recent history given its a negative action (getting rid of existing action). Although the security reps still link.

Sorry I do LD, my question is what is one of the generic links.

I've structure the link that the Aff attempts to solve for violence through X means, I'm not sure if this makes sense though.

How would I perm Kappeler for aff on this topic?

Uhm, just like you would on any other topic?

Perm:do the plan and recognize violence is a choice made by individuals.

the only link the neg really has is you call on the state for action, but i think you should be able to win that only the state has control over military policy and the "alt solvency" of having every member of "x" suddenly stopping fighting wouldn't ever happen.

how'd you manage that one?

wizardry*

*PM if you wanna know

Does anyone mind sending a new link for the pdf

1. from my experience, you're SOL on this one (read: i have tried many times to find a free online version of this book, and it's probs not going to happen). Go to a local library, probably a univ library, or just spring for the ebook. It's not a highly stocked book, nor is it popular enough for it have been converted into an ebook format that is easily reproducible and easy to distribute freely. 

2. go to google books, hit "view ebook," and then use the free sample. you get the first three chapters of the book. this gives you three of the six chapters that imo are pertinent towards debate (the other three being 4, 5, 10.  6 and 11 might be relevent depending on what you want to do with the K). This can at least reduce the ammt of time you have to spend in the library or with a physical copy, if you don't want to spring for the ebbok. 

3. for the love of god, move beyond this godforsaken book. the book makes an argument that is only utilized in a generic sense in debate. most of the content of the book discusses contexts of things you will rarely debate. the book itself is generalized and more generic, while there are plenty of high quality journal articles that make similar arguments to the book (personal responsibility is sacrificed in talking about political responsibility) in a far more persuasive and specific way. look in criminological journals, and look for journal articles that bridge criminology lit w/ IR lit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. from my experience, you're SOL on this one (read: i have tried many times to find a free online version of this book, and it's probs not going to happen). Go to a local library, probably a univ library, or just spring for the ebook. It's not a highly stocked book, nor is it popular enough for it have been converted into an ebook format that is easily reproducible and easy to distribute freely. 

2. go to google books, hit "view ebook," and then use the free sample. you get the first three chapters of the book. this gives you three of the six chapters that imo are pertinent towards debate (the other three being 4, 5, 10.  6 and 11 might be relevent depending on what you want to do with the K). This can at least reduce the ammt of time you have to spend in the library or with a physical copy, if you don't want to spring for the ebbok. 

3. for the love of god, move beyond this godforsaken book. the book makes an argument that is only utilized in a generic sense in debate. most of the content of the book discusses contexts of things you will rarely debate. the book itself is generalized and more generic, while there are plenty of high quality journal articles that make similar arguments to the book (personal responsibility is sacrificed in talking about political responsibility) in a far more persuasive and specific way. look in criminological journals, and look for journal articles that bridge criminology lit w/ IR lit.

accidental down vote, thanks for the article idea