TheHutt

Jim Joyce

Hes the homeplate ump tommorrow

Most unpopular man in Michigan right now, and thats hard to do these days.

I feel so very sorry for Gurrafasdfkljrolgo. He deserved the perfect game.

i've said this before, but his name sounds like a venereal disease

Weird. What's with all the perfect games this year? Is it symptomatic of steroid withdrawal?

no.. this would imply either that, since the pre-steroid era, batters have gotten much worse or pitchers have gotten a lot better, neither of which are true.

Edited by Dayman

I feel bad for that ump. That call wasn't that obvious. It's obvious now after seeing in on high def instant reply. I hope Selig overturns it and we see a new era in baseball officiating. It's time.

I know that I have blown a few debate rounds as a debater and a judge. I don't lose a whole lot of sleep over it. I am glad that for once, people are treating the issue with respect and maturity.

selig won't overturn it, but it was that obvious. if the play were close enough to make the sounds indistinguishable, that'd be one thing. but that's just a bang-bang play that an ump as seasoned as him should have been able to distinguish.

Weird. What's with all the perfect games this year? Is it symptomatic of steroid withdrawal?

I wouldn't think so. I don't think steroids would improve batting average, your ability to hit a line drive is dependent on where the location of the ball is and your type of swing, neither of which is affected by steroids.

Sorry, but 1 game in a 100+ game season is not more impacting than 1 of (21) games in the history of baseball.

Really? I'm a twins fan. Let's take a look at our last two seasons before you say something like that

Sorry. I can rephrase and still be correct. 1 season is not more impacting (impactful isn't a word, by the way) than 1 of (21) games in baseball's history. You're just wrong on this one.

you guys are retarded. perfect games are trivia question answers, real calls determine season standings. standings > trivia all day----and i know more sports trivia than all of you, and root for a team that is more consistently shitty in the standings, so i'm saying this despite reverse bias

having said this, if you let the 2010 mariners stay within striking distance you probly deserve to lose

you guys are retarded. perfect games are trivia question answers, real calls determine season standings. standings > trivia all day----

not sure where the disagreement is.

The blown call in the perfect game has been in a lot of ways good for the game (minus Gallaraga)

Sorry. I can rephrase and still be correct. 1 season is not more impacting (impactful isn't a word, by the way) than 1 of (21) games in baseball's history. You're just wrong on this one.

No, you're wrong. 1 season can mean a world series ring or not. 1 game can determine a season. The 06 Cardinals won their division by a game and a half. Not a lot of margin for error.

I wouldn't think so. I don't think steroids would improve batting average, your ability to hit a line drive is dependent on where the location of the ball is and your type of swing, neither of which is affected by steroids.

This isn't totally correct. While, you can give a dorky reported endless cycles of dianabol and he'll be unable to hit a baseball regardless, steroids actually help you put the fat part of the bat on the ball. How? Steroids increase the ability of your CNS to fire proper sized neurons at a higher rate. Simply put, steroids increase your mind muscle connection. (which would explain the surprising rate of golfers that are probably on steroids. I mean has anyone seen Mickelson gain like 20 lbs of solid muscle in a blink of an eye?)