Rhizome

Military Affirmative

I am going to be working on an affirmative put together based around Kappler/Schlag/Zizek and a few other authors this summer.

This will be strictly a critical affirmative that probably isn't topical.

You will be reading framework many rounds.

Those interested should email me at: tomdebate [@] gmail dot com.

Or post here.

Word

Edited by Rhizome

The argument is what? I'm pretty sure at least Schlag and Kappler have some disputes...

Kappler and Schlag both critique and indict the traditional way in which we view the political by attempting to falsely engage with the state. They argue much different impacts by their criticism of a displacement of blame and anger is universal (Kapplers indictment of 'blaming the state' is very schlagian. ha. Schlagian).

I guess I should rephrase - Schlag is like an internal link to Kappler...

Edited by Rhizome

We will also be working on a second affirmative based around Afghanistan and Biopolitics. Zizek will be the main author (and he is actually a very good and deep author on this subject).

also,

the entire group will be working with google wave. If that's an issue let me know.

Edited by Rhizome

We will also be working on a second affirmative based around Afghanistan and Biopolitics. Zizek will be the main author (and he is actually a very good and deep author on this subject).

also,

the entire group will be working with google wave. If that's an issue let me know.

Keep me updated with PMs on this, im interested.