Sign in to follow this  
osaki2

Head Start AFF?

My team and I need another Aff and I was thinking of running Head Start.

Does anyone think this is a good idea and if so, would anyone like to point me in the right direction for a camp file or trade for theirs? PM me.

My team and I need another Aff and I was thinking of running Head Start.

Does anyone think this is a good idea and if so, would anyone like to point me in the right direction for a camp file or trade for theirs? PM me.

Depends, are you looking for a strict policy aff or one with more critical advantgaes?

Also, are you comfortable with a T debate?

Would you prefer an AFF with a large lit base?

• Downvote 1

I'd prefer the strict policy aff, but if I could find both types then I could decide with my coaches. Critical advantages would be more fun.

I'm comfortable with T debates.

I don't exactly need a large lit base.

There is a thread which talks about the affirmatives with the most wins. I think there was even a statistical basis provided in one post.

Also, if you haven't already checked out the

1) Open evidence debate project

2) the high school debate caselist for case ideas, advantage strategy and intell, and citations for research.

I think there is an intuitive appeal to education as an affirmative. Although, those topicality concerns are dully noted.

If you want to run head start or another education affirmative--I've included links for both of those.

Remember to check out the neg files to get into and to strategically guide your prep on the aff. If SDI put out any frontlines.....I would print those out as well.

Just an FYI:

1) You can use the search box on the wiki to find specific citations for cases you think are most viable.

2) You can also do an advanced search and take the option to only search a specific domain and cut and paste the URL for the wiki there.

Edited by nathan_debate

With reference to that method of choosing an affirmative--here are three other strategic considerations:

Thats a nice rubric. The critiques section should be more specific to debating critiques on the affirmative. Answering critiques is different from running them--they are fundamentally different skills and require different sets of evidence.

Its also probably the case that you can't help but argue critiques in competitive debate. (ie people will run them against you).

Second, I don't remember the need to make updates or the size of literature base on your affirmative. (the later which is not as important I think as the former--because it can often be solved by argumentative nuance).

Otherwise a fantastic rubric for deciding which affirmative to run.

Edited by nathan_debate

Sign in to follow this