Sign in to follow this  
allday24

OK State 2010

What school are you from?

hey tommy its maegan. kaylind and randi looked up my email on my account then looked up my email on facebook to find out if this was me. i'd say they are taking tomorrow seriously, haha=]

hey tommy its maegan. kaylind and randi looked up my email on my account then looked up my email on facebook to find out if this was me. i'd say they are taking tomorrow seriously, haha=]

I noticed it was you through your post on "Do you really need a coach". lol

We still need to try ang get pages from none-italisized teams.

East Side

1. Owasso RS

2. Jenks CS

3. Jenks PM

4. Charles Page FN

5. Jenks MM

6. Owasso LB

7. Owasso DL

8. Charles Page PB

West Side

1. Heritage Hall HS

2. Edmond Memorial AR

3. Heritage Hall KP

4. Edmond North BK

5. Edmond Sante Fe VF

6. Edmond Sante Fe AC

7. Norman AH

8. Edmond North LW

Nishant could you post the Mutalik's and Parth and Cat's affs?

I'll talk to Charles Page.

Hey Tommy, what does SRM stand for in your plan text? You don't have to tell me but it would be appreciated.

Hey Tommy, what does SRM stand for in your plan text? You don't have to tell me but it would be appreciated.

Social Risk Management

i will attempt to put our affs up on the wiki as soon as possible, but i have no clue when that will be. Probably this weekend.

Social Risk Management

A Social Risk Management system is something that combines reactionary and preventionary measures against natural disasters.

Owasso might be breaking new affs at state.

I'll post all the affs we have ran.

yeah dude, get straight

but uhh, I'm not sure zach is cool giving away full tags, but here it goes:

As far as advantages go, they're critical so it's not like we run multiple advantages and the storys are not compleatly linear so it would be hard to lable all the advantages we garner from the plan, so just 'ask and we'll answer'. we have 2 affs, we're just not sure which we'll run yet, they are-

1- "A View to a kill" aka Immigration H/C-

PLAN: Congress shall pass a bill removing all citizenship requirements for access to public health care and expand Medicaid access to non-citizens.

2- Transistional demands (we ran this at regionals)

PLAN: We demand that the United States Federal Government pass a policy creating a public works program to provide decent housing, health care and education with a sliding scale of Hours to divide all necessary work among all available workers.

We've got a loottttt of work to do before state, so it's likely to change, I'll keep you updated.

If you guys don't want to put up actual cites, can you just explain what advantages you all run?

Yeah, i don't have the time to put up the cites right now since i'm super busy with all my AP classes. I will be happy to explain my advantages/solvency scenario and jazz like that if you ask but at my discretion, i.e. don't ask questions like (what do you argue against an X arg) . For Native American Health care, we argue that we should increase I.H.S. funds in order to make more Native American Health clinics (we defend both traditional/"white man" healers) advantages are diabetes. Native americans are being afflicted by diabetes right now in the SQ 3 times the rate every year, and that if this rate continues, then Native Americans will all die. Only way to stop this is by health clinics. Then we have a Mental Health advantage that argues Natives americans are suffering from alcholism now. Failure to act and help is equivalent to just killing the natives off, and we must show compassion to help. For Immigrant Health Care. The first advanatage is xenophobia. Basicially it's like a lack of health care treats immigrants as the "other" and carriers of diseases like the Swine Flu. When we do this, we become in fear with the other and we need to show a system of unconditional hospitality for them. Derrida cards basically. And our second advantage is palliative health care which argues that Immigrants seek curative care now because they are in fear of deportation if they argue against the American culture of curative care, specifically Welform Reform act of 96 prevents immigrants from getting care but only "emergency care" we open up new ways for immigrants to get palliative care and key to value of life. All our solvency is predicated off Derrida cards on Unconditional Hospitality. If you have more questions, just ask me.

Yeah, i don't have the time to put up the cites right now since i'm super busy with all my AP classes. I will be happy to explain my advantages/solvency scenario and jazz like that if you ask but at my discretion, i.e. don't ask questions like (what do you argue against an X arg) . For Native American Health care, we argue that we should increase I.H.S. funds in order to make more Native American Health clinics (we defend both traditional/"white man" healers) advantages are diabetes. Native americans are being afflicted by diabetes right now in the SQ 3 times the rate every year, and that if this rate continues, then Native Americans will all die. Only way to stop this is by health clinics. Then we have a Mental Health advantage that argues Natives americans are suffering from alcholism now. Failure to act and help is equivalent to just killing the natives off, and we must show compassion to help. For Immigrant Health Care. The first advanatage is xenophobia. Basicially it's like a lack of health care treats immigrants as the "other" and carriers of diseases like the Swine Flu. When we do this, we become in fear with the other and we need to show a system of unconditional hospitality for them. Derrida cards basically. And our second advantage is palliative health care which argues that Immigrants seek curative care now because they are in fear of deportation if they argue against the American culture of curative care, specifically Welform Reform act of 96 prevents immigrants from getting care but only "emergency care" we open up new ways for immigrants to get palliative care and key to value of life. All our solvency is predicated off Derrida cards on Unconditional Hospitality. If you have more questions, just ask me.

Dillon, don't make me cut you. In the time it took you to type up that mind-numbing explanation, you could have typed your tags/cites. Jesus.

or ctrl+c, ctrl+v

cmd+c, cmd+v if he has a mac

That's assuming he wrote his 1AC on his computer. If he didn't, Dillon's both a fail-whale and trapped in the 20th century.

No. I'm not too entirely sure on what they run. All i know is that they run JDI's version of transit aff with Racism, Environment and Economy and some other advantage. I'll try to get one of them to post cites/or explanations. Also they have like a conditions plan text.

No. I'm not too entirely sure on what they run. All i know is that they run JDI's version of transit aff with Racism, Environment and Economy and some other advantage. I'll try to get one of them to post cites/or explanations. Also they have like a conditions plan text.

When I judged them, they ran a block grants aff that increased metro transit authority. They said that private transportation underpins white supremacy, impacted w/ the Foucault card about state racism. They also said that building infrastructure solves econ collapse (impacted w/ Lopez '98). Another advantage they read said public transport solves oil dependency, which is key to check a US-Russia war (Blank '0). For some reason or another, the AFF restores NATO credibility, as well, which stops Iran strikes, which would obviously kill everyone.

Yea, Cites for the transportation aff would be nice.

And I second Nishant, I'd like an explanation (if no cites are provided) for the transitional demands aff.

yeah can everyone start pressuring their teams so we have a page for everyone going to state on the oklahoma wiki? there are just a couple more that arent up yet.

oh how times have changed here in oklahoma. maybe elsewhere, undoubtedly faster. it's like we just got M*A*S*H* on basic cable, except better.