Sign in to follow this  
topspeaker70

Whither Redlands?

I just joined a Facebook Group called "save Redlands Debate" - or words to that effect. What's up with that? A lot of us old geezers - even those who didn't go to Redlands - would like to know.

This news hits me like a death in the family. Not only (at least in my experience) did Redlands always have an oustanding NDT program, its Summer Institute and HS tournament were traditionally among the best.

Ditto what Mike said; the Redlands tournament was the first out-of-state national circuit tournament I ever took a team to (late 70s). Sad to see the program go. Has the program been viable/competitive in recent years?

Ditto what Mike said; the Redlands tournament was the first out-of-state national circuit tournament I ever took a team to (late 70s). Sad to see the program go. Has the program been viable/competitive in recent years?

announcing the death of policy debate

Has the program been viable/competitive in recent years?
They had a recent pair of teams that were quite good. (Teddy Albiniak, Orion Steele, Nate Tribble, and ???)

Brian McBride apparently coached two recent teams to the quarters of the NDT.

They had a recent pair of teams that were quite good. (Teddy Albiniak, Orion Steele, Nate Tribble, and ???)

Brian McBride apparently coached two recent teams to the quarters of the NDT.

That must have been a while ago because Teddy now coaches with USC and he's been doing that for a few years. Orion is coaching with Fullerton I believe or at least judges for them. McBride is at USC.

Their team last year was Alyssa Lucas-Bolin and Evan Matthews. They were coached by Jason Peterson and qualified to the NDT last year. Alyssa's now debating for UNLV.

Sam Iola and Jake Ziering have been debating under the Redlands banner this year. I'm not sure what coaching they get if any or what resources they use.