Sign in to follow this  
omnomnomnom

sxsw

you can find lineup info at showlistaustin.com

syn, I ain't paying either, a good deal of the shows are free, i'm just going to those.

I think the artists i'm most excited for are broken social scene (their live show is a religious experience), UUVVWWZ, shearwater, roky erickson and okkervil river, titus andronicus, etc

best show of the week is gonna be red 7 on sat night: titus andronicus, woods, real estate, j mascis, and fucked up. I'm excited.

My friend is the drummer for UUVVWWZ.

If I were going I'd want to see Portugal. The Man, the Flaming Lips, and Dick Dale.

Edited by Danny Tanner

holy crap! they are so good. their debut album was one of my favorites of last year.

you can find lineup info at showlistaustin.com

syn, I ain't paying either, a good deal of the shows are free, i'm just going to those.

I think the artists i'm most excited for are broken social scene (their live show is a religious experience), UUVVWWZ, shearwater, roky erickson and okkervil river, titus andronicus, etc

best show of the week is gonna be red 7 on sat night: titus andronicus, woods, real estate, j mascis, and fucked up. I'm excited.

where is broken social scene playing?

yea i saw the stubbs show but i cant find out any info on whether or not you need a wristband to get in/if you have to buy tickets if you know anything about that info would rock.

also if your going to sxsw check out 'mess with texas fest' looks like it will have some pretty good artists playing

holy shit, no argument this show is amazing. wish i could go.

yea i saw the stubbs show but i cant find out any info on whether or not you need a wristband to get in/if you have to buy tickets if you know anything about that info would rock.

also if your going to sxsw check out 'mess with texas fest' looks like it will have some pretty good artists playing

It's one of the sxsw showcases... not sure if that means it's wristband only, or wristband priority, wristband + tickets, or open to everyone. I know that at least some of the sxsw showcases it's listed with are open to everyone, like the Auditorium Shores shows (including the Auditorium Shores show with Deer Tick and She and Him). I'm going into the week on the assumption that all the showcases are open to everyone, but I might get just straight up proven wrong. IIRC the wristbands are more for panels, parties, and certain day shows, but I could be completely mistaken.

Also, good places to get sxsw info:

http://sxsw2010.sched.org/

http://www.showlistaustin.com

And I've got no clue who's even playing MWTX, but the Fun Fun Fun Fest people have been repping that show like nothing else, so I'm already pretty excited for it. I will probably end up there if the lineup is good.

they were really good live. there were like ~20 other people there for the show I saw - hopefully the rest of their shows are a little more crowded. didn't help that they were playing an hour and a half after they were scheduled to.

--

if any of you are in austin tomorrow: http://www.mwtxparty.com

if any of you are in austin tomorrow: www.mwtxparty.com

Yeah we were going to go there untill we realized the B.o.b had droped out. Ended up at emo's tonight and watched Blue Scholars.

Yeah we were going to go there untill we realized the B.o.b had droped out. Ended up at emo's tonight and watched Blue Scholars.

you missed gwar

i ended my sxsw experience covered in blood and alien semen.

you missed gwar

i ended my sxsw experience covered in blood and alien semen.

Yeah :/, but didn't feel like making the walk down to east 6th (but i'm assuming it was a good show?), and i've wanted to catch blue scholars live for a while now so that made things easy for me.

Also that makes a lot of sense to things i saw tonight, on the bus a group of about 5-6 people got on covered in red shit from head to foot and i was curious to what had gone on somewhere.

Edited by Lemur

I saw Muse the night before in Fort Worth. Totally forgot about SXSW. I'm really bummed. Oh well, possibly going to the Pitchfork Fest this summer and Passion Pit and Phoenix next month in KC. Should be fun. Gah. I would kill to see BSS. One of my favorites by far.

I saw Muse the night before in Fort Worth. Totally forgot about SXSW. I'm really bummed. Oh well, possibly going to the Pitchfork Fest this summer and Passion Pit and Phoenix next month in KC. Should be fun. Gah. I would kill to see BSS. One of my favorites by far.

p4k fest always has a great lineup. super jealous. and phoenix are fantastic live. saw them last october. they've improved so much as a live act in the past couple of years.

Half because of my sheer lazyness of looking it up, what's the set list look like for phoenix?