Anima

Dickinson

Just wondering what judges will be there so I can figure out just how bored I will or will not be during the day.

OOOH! OOOH! I am absolutely definitely positively not going to be in attendance... although if I were invited I would ordinarily consider it... have fun Ben.

OOOH! OOOH! I am absolutely definitely positively not going to be in attendance

I agree. Bring a mug for company, Ben.

Fuck.

This calls for excessive amounts of drinking when I visit Penn Friday. Now to just find a way to La Salle for 6:15 Saturday morning that doesn't involve me driving... $50 says I'll be judging Novice too.

Christ. Ok, just how loud was I when I said something like "stop fucking talking and get the award"? I swear that I'm never going to try to speak with headphones on again if when I think I'm whispering I'm actually audible throughout the entire theater. All I know is I blame the tournament for running late as usual and then having college students sing to us only to delay the ceremony some more. If it wasn't for them the headphones would have never gone on.

Apparently Brother just put his head down instead of looking back at me. I felt like Shaw for a while there... and it felt bad (and fat).

Edit - btw, good job Mech GM and Meyers AB. I just wish I got to see a round where your affs were actually challenged.

I think in that instance Brother was probably saying a few hail mary's....

But I think you'll feel better with a size 12 Nike in your mouth...

:S:

I couldn't hear you. So that was good at least.

But I liked the singing group. They were cute =)

And Ben - mind telling me what Mech is running? I was aff against them.

I couldn't hear you. So that was good at least.

But I liked the singing group. They were cute =)

And Ben - mind telling me what Mech is running? I was aff against them.

Yes, that does make me feel a bit better.

No, they're the reason all of this happened (aside from the other forces involved and an altered state of consciousness)

Only because I now know the entire theater didn't hear me. Sudan with 3 advantages. Genocide, Human Rights, and Terrorism. Don't know how well I could explain them though since they really weren't an issue throughout the round.

Thanks Ben. =)

But what I heard about the singing group was not that they actually pushed it back, but that they were a time fill in order to not have us do nothing for so long. Even if they didn't sing the awards still wouldn't have gone off until they did. That's what the people running it told me at least...

Bah, the people running it sucked. Especilly the shady wannabe stalker in the white shirt and red tie that went to Cathedral Prep. That bastard yelled at us for mocking the key presentation at Emory. As if there was anything better to do while each team in the finals had 30 extra people doing all the work for them while the actual team mebers wrote speeches to suck up to the key coaches. Stupid Cathedral Prep...

Plus, the tabbing of CX was stupid. There was plenty of time for semis and a final and if everything worked out I would have been judging you against Mech instead of another Meyers team. Fuck you, Brett (no offense to whoever his partner is who's name I can't remember). That was the round I was waiting for all day and Dickinson screwed me.

Because I didn't get to say it at the tournament. And if I did and I just forgot then it's because there can never be enough of them.

Oh, and because you didn't watch the final. :S:

What he should have done was watched finals and THEN spent time with the Meyer's girl since not only would he have been less dumb at the end of the day, but he would have spent more time with her.

I'm just awaiting the inevitable :sob: story

you never watched finals Ben. I recall at Shik last year we broke to finals and you played spades instead of watching us.

Neither novice rounds, nor Shikellamy, count.

Comparing yourself to Ben is not a good idea either, unless you want to be completely tooled on both aff and neg. Or visit me on a Friday night with Shaw when you have been drinking.

Hey all. This tournament was pretty much as sucky as always, though it was the first time they had the singers. Ben, I didn't hear your comment but I did see you with the headphones. That was entertaining.

Congrats to Meyers, though I am also dissappointed that our round wasn't a final. Also, perhaps someone can explain to me Mrs. Smith's comment on the ballot to Tasha??? Some thing like, "keep a scorecard, even though you don't like baseball :)"

Also, Ben, we had four advantages, you're missing one. And not to be critical, but, did you actually flow my round? Sarah, next time, if you want to know my case, you should just ask me instead of asking someone who judged me.

Does much of anything on Mrs. Smith's ballot make sense? That was a rather odd round.... rather, rather odd.... I don't want to relive it.

Sorry I didn't just IM you Lissa but Ben was there and I knew he saw the case so I just asked.

And to not to say that Mech shouldn't have been in finals, but I do think that our second team (Megan and Joe) are doing pretty well. I know they didn't do too hot in finals (they get really nervous when debating us) but they did go 3-0 and they did deserve to be there, even if maybe they wouldn't have been if the pairings for rd. 3 fell differently. That's how tournaments go. I'm proud of them.

Also, Ben, we had four advantages, you're missing one. And not to be critical, but, did you actually flow my round?

I thought that I was missing one, but I wasn't sure. Awww, come on. I even asked you guys for paper and you gave it to me :P. I flowed for a while, but after the 1NC everything went to hell and I figured that I'd pick up on the missed advantage once either the Neg attacked it or you extended it, but the 1NC pretty much convinced me to stop paying attention. 3 T's not very well explained or that just sounded dumb because of the violation and I expected you two to have a nice block to them anyway (which you did. I forget if you mentioned it or not, but bring up vacuum testing for those T's where they claim you're not topical because of your solvency evidence.), case attacks that were just flowed on one piece of paper because I had no idea where they were going with it nor knew that they even wanted me to vote on it, and a DA that never really existed. Plus, once you guys answered with analytics as well as evidence instead of just reading more cards like the Neg I just started writing funny things on the flow paper. Oh, and then they botched Inherency :S: I almost forgot about that... or maybe that was 3rd round. Don't remember much about that round.

Dah Lissa I made an account so I can answer about stupid Mrs. Smith....

I think what Sarah said after the round about her being on crack was quite accurate...but I think what she meant by that comment was that I should have talked about ptx in my rebuttal (even though you took it in the 2NC :rolleyes: ) and not just focus in on T. Thereby keeping a SCORECARD on what was going on in the round? And judging by what Heston said (assuming he isn't lying for once) and my low-as-dirt speaker points that round, she hated that I spent it all on T...whatever. I dunno where she gets baseball-I don't think anyone even said that word once in the round (must be the crack).

For the slightest fraction of a second, I almost wished I was there to see Ben's outburst. Why exactly was someone talking prior to an award? Shaw would have been proud of you, but you've been demoted to his level of whatever his level is. But look on the bright side, Brother probably won't ask you to judge again. Btw, did you go to LaSalle on monday?

For the slightest fraction of a second, I almost wished I was there to see Ben's outburst. Why exactly was someone talking prior to an award? Shaw would have been proud of you, but you've been demoted to his level of whatever his level is. But look on the bright side, Brother probably won't ask you to judge again. Btw, did you go to LaSalle on monday?

Well, from the sounds of it the only people who heard me was my section, which was only La Salle people plus some old guy. If this incident got me out of judging then that's pretty damn good. Hopefully I'll still find a way to the PFI and States though.

I didn't go to La Salle. I have psych at 2 and western civ at 3 on Monday. I probably could have just skipped western civ, but the nap was nice.

Mrs. Smith is very spacy. She needs to come back down to earth. Also, I was not lying. She did say mean things about you but oh well! Anyway, thought the tour. was ok at best. Not happy with some of the judging and I think I should have won my other rounds except for lissa'sshould have won ever.