pavja2

Novice nationals @ woodward?

I am sorry Mazimi if what I said came across as offensive, I have lost to hooch quite a few more times then I would have liked and by no means suggest that anyone underestimates you all. The hooch team at UGA was amazing, along with the one at Ohio Valley although I didn't hit them there (I was getting pwned in varsity). By poorly on aff in prelims I meant comparatively so, not that you all were bad, just that you seemed better on neg to me, and 7th speaker is quite a respectable award I agree. I do look forward to debating you (or whoever you all are sending from hooch) and am sure it will be an interesting round in which I will be ready in case you decide to go for PTX :)

@gunit When someone offers advice you do not flame them, you can not believe what they said if you want, but for all you know I could be some varsity troll (using the old definition of troll here) just pretending to be in novice. Besides its not like I actually gave any advice in that post I essentially said "be ready for anything" especially hooch...

but ur not a varsity troll, ur the second speaker at UGA who lost in semis against the famous hooch kk on the cap k after not answering intresinc perms and K perms are voters and no answers on the K flow, i remember that debate and there was nothing on the armenian genocide politics flow either. the 2ar was burke white or wahtever against marsh 95 cap is the root cause of all human rights issues. its funny cuz i didnt go for cap in any other outrounds. oh well

but ur not a varsity troll, ur the second speaker at UGA who lost in semis against the famous hooch kk on the cap k after not answering intresinc perms and K perms are voters and no answers on the K flow, i remember that debate and there was nothing on the armenian genocide politics flow either. the 2ar was burke white or wahtever against marsh 95 cap is the root cause of all human rights issues. its funny cuz i didnt go for cap in any other outrounds. oh well

I have to admit that that was probably the worst break round I have ever had :( we had a little 1ar trouble and what I went for in the 2ar was just a desperate hope that we could recover. And it is only half true that I am not a varsity troll...That was my second novice tournament of the year...I've been adopted in varsity otherwise...Still I look forward to hitting you all again this weekend...

Well, my realistic goal this tourney is to break and drop at octos. Hopefully, I don't hit any of the better hooch/Pace/Westminister/MBA teams.

Do you know what common Immicaid answers are made to DA politics? From what I could tell, it seems pretty difficult to win that the P is popular with all of the cards saying it is overwhelming unpopular? Do immicaid people often use winners win?

Well, my realistic goal this tourney is to break and drop at octos. Hopefully, I don't hit any of the better hooch/Pace/Westminister/MBA teams.

Do you know what common Immicaid answers are made to DA politics? From what I could tell, it seems pretty difficult to win that the P is popular with all of the cards saying it is overwhelming unpopular? Do immicaid people often use winners win?

I don't want to give anything away about this upcoming tournament, but if you look at our top sophomore team's, wiki: (http://debatecoaches.org/wiki/index.php?title=2009-2010_Westminster_Schools_(GA)_-_Robel_Worku_%26_Lauren_Sukin#Politics )

Some of the things we have run against PTX are on there, I run a slightly modified version of their current aff, but I can't tell you what is different, however the link turns are essentially the same.

I agree, I really don't want to hit any of the really good teams especially in early prelims...

somewhat disappointed by the lack of non power house schools getting mentions on this thread

i would watch out for a handful of very good teams from smaller schools for example the team from River Hill, MD

somewhat disappointed by the lack of non power house schools getting mentions on this thread

i would watch out for a handful of very good teams from smaller schools for example the team from River Hill, MD

Are they in novice division? and if so what do they run? (they aren't on my team list, which is probably just a little old)

Still you are right, some of these non-powerhouse schools will be better because not to many know about them and they have a lot more coaching focus (sometimes not always) then members of larger teams get.

i've watched half of their team debate a couple times (one of them normally debates w. a soph), they went 3-3 at most major tournaments so hopefully they can do well in novice

are you referring to Niran and Deep?

Greenhill CR is probably one of, if not the best team in the Dallas area that is coming to Woodward. They've broken at every local tourney, and have won a couple of them, along with UT novice. Other guys on my team who have debated them say that their only issue is that they aren't all that fast at spreading, but even at some of the first tournaments of the year, they have gone line by line really effectively. When my friend debated them, they didn't drop a single argument against him.

Edited by Tehnikhil

are you referring to Niran and Deep?

no, madeleine houck. niran and deep aren't coming.

and she was in maryland state finals last weekend (beat a bid team to get there) so y'all probably should watch out.

no, madeleine houck. niran and deep aren't coming.

and she was in maryland state finals last weekend (beat a bid team to get there) so y'all probably should watch out.

Madeline Houck? No worry! She is not goot at all. Her parter, Jonathan is good. That is why they win sometimes.

Look, I know this thread is asking who the best teams here are but no one needs to be bashing other teams that aren't as good. It's easy to say which teams are good without talking crap about which teams, in the opinion of some, aren't as good.

Madeline Houck? No worry! She is not goot at all. Her parter, Jonathan is good. That is why they win sometimes.

gotta respectfully disagree on that one. theyre both good and regardless they beat two teams with bids at md state championships. i would watch out for both of them either way.

that jonathan kid is soooooo bad. but maddie is 6-0 and hasn't had lower than a 29 in speaks, so i'm betting they're the 1 seed.

Nope. I can't remember for sure but i think that you're talking about the 1st speaker. The first seed is Dexter CP, 6-0, Brandon Canniff got 2nd Speaker and David Paolella got 4th or 5th I can't remember.

• Upvote 1

In Response to the retard who said Maddie sucked

She was 1st speaker and 2nd seed in novice - tard

In Response to Jon haters he was 11th speaker and 6th seed in JV - tard

WHAT

Just so everyone knows Westminster PV (me), didn't manage to break we went 4-2, one loss was just stupidity on our part (7 off and case is not always a good strat when your partner is slow, going for all of it in the block is REALLY stupid), the other loss however the RFD was a little less legit. Still the St. Marks team that beat us deserved to break so its ok and I've won on sub-par RFDs before (RVIs on T with 30 speaks I might add) so I guess its Karma...

Also, good luck to Hooch KK, I'll feel better about dropping to you all at UGA if you end up being the best novices in the country :)

Edited by pavja2
  • Downvote 1

In Response to the retard who said Maddie sucked

She was 1st speaker and 2nd seed in novice - tard

In Response to Jon haters he was 11th speaker and 6th seed in JV - tard

WHAT

haha you beat me to it =]