Sign in to follow this  
ninja

Dispo

Couple of things that've been bothering me / that I've been curious about dispositionality

1) Does anyone actually run anything dispo....I have never seen it done. Ever.

2) What does dispo even look like...at the point where no one ever reads anything dispositionally I am no longer entirely sure what it entails...does it mean you get to chose the conditions under which youll kick it in cross-x or is there a universal interpretation of what dispo means?

3) Is dispo even strategic...Despite the fact that apparently it "solves all the reasons why condo is bad", according to every condo bad block ever, I just dont get the point

Couple of things that've been bothering me / that I've been curious about dispositionality

1) Does anyone actually run anything dispo....I have never seen it done. Ever.

2) What does dispo even look like...at the point where no one ever reads anything dispositionally I am no longer entirely sure what it entails...does it mean you get to chose the conditions under which youll kick it in cross-x or is there a universal interpretation of what dispo means?

3) Is dispo even strategic...Despite the fact that apparently it "solves all the reasons why condo is bad", according to every condo bad block ever, I just dont get the point

I've run some stuff dispo before, but honestly it's not very strategic. Not doubt you'll hear theory either way, you basically just have to pick your poison (do you want to argue dispo or condo good).

Normally, a really quick question in c-x will be (after you spec dispo) "under what conditions can we stick you with the K/CP." Then you just tell them. Normally it's "any offense except dispo bad theory," or something similar. You can look around cross-x. I'm sure it's somewhere.

99% of the time, it's not really strategic. Don't waste your time. Run it condo or uncondo.

I've run some stuff dispo before, but honestly it's not very strategic. Not doubt you'll hear theory either way, you basically just have to pick your poison (do you want to argue dispo or condo good).

Normally, a really quick question in c-x will be (after you spec dispo) "under what conditions can we stick you with the K/CP." Then you just tell them. Normally it's "any offense except dispo bad theory," or something similar. You can look around cross-x. I'm sure it's somewhere.

99% of the time, it's not really strategic. Don't waste your time. Run it condo or uncondo.

See this just seems crazy to me. ANY offense? I mean teams generally read offense on every flow...so wouldnt you always get stuck with everything? Just baffling to me. =/ Oh well

there isn't a universal interpretation for dispo. teams say all sorts of things, so its pretty much whatever the other teams says.

And you'll be hard pressed to stick a team to the cp because most of the time a team would just define dispo as something really vague.

You could probably just point out it's the same or as bad as condo.

• Downvote 1

there isn't a universal interpretation for dispo. teams say all sorts of things, so its pretty much whatever the other teams says.

And you'll be hard pressed to stick a team to the cp because most of the time a team would just define dispo as something really vague.

You could probably just point out it's the same or as bad as condo.

This. It's makes for a worse debate than just condo.

Dispo isn't strategic. I've only had it run against me once, and it's probably worse than condo. We straight turned a disad and read only offense against the counterplan, but the neg still kicked both flows and claimed that a straight turn an solvency turns aren't offense in their interpretation.. We still won.

But in any case, it's more likely you'll find a judge who likes conditional positions rather than a judge who likes dispo. Run things conditionally

I read all my counterplans fun-conditional. I'll stop debating it when it stops being fun.

• Downvote 1

I read all my counterplans fun-conditional. I'll stop debating it when it stops being fun.

so you're the funditional idiot

Just run your shit dispo, and when they ask what you mean by it, just say "We get to kick it if we are losing on it"

Just run your shit dispo, and when they ask what you mean by it, just say "We get to kick it if we are losing on it"

Don't listen to him.

Dispo is pretty much just conditionality, the way I see it; it's really just a cheap way of getting out of condo offense. If you can't perm a CP/K, you've probably lost most of your chance of winning it. One interesting strategy that above poster discovered on accident is to not ask the status in cross-x, run condo bad theory and straight-turn the CP/K, and then they're stuck with it. It's risky though, because you can't perm, which might be harder to win.

Don't listen to him.

Dispo is pretty much just conditionality, the way I see it; it's really just a cheap way of getting out of condo offense. If you can't perm a CP/K, you've probably lost most of your chance of winning it. One interesting strategy that above poster discovered on accident is to not ask the status in cross-x, run condo bad theory and straight-turn the CP/K, and then they're stuck with it. It's risky though, because you can't perm, which might be harder to win.

Dispo can be anything you want it to be, you n00b.

Dispo can be anything you want it to be, you n00b.

You try to perm case turns, etc.

You try to perm case turns, etc.

1. You take everything I say too seriously. Just a note though, PERM SPAM>EVERYTHING ELSE.

2. You didn't refute my earlier point, meaning dispo being any shit you want it to be is also correct.

1. You take everything I say too seriously. Just a note though, PERM SPAM>EVERYTHING ELSE.

2. You didn't refute my earlier point, meaning dispo being any shit you want it to be is also correct.

1. You were serious. And this is why I go to glenbrooks and you don't.

2. This is why condo is probably better than dispo.

1. You were serious. And this is why I go to glenbrooks and you don't.

2. This is why condo is probably better than dispo.

And who got 3rd speaker at cooper?

And who got 3rd speaker at cooper?

...Kevin there were a grand total of what, 11 teams there? Most of them novices? Seeing as Glenbrooks was that same weekend?

...Kevin there were a grand total of what, 11 teams there? Most of them novices? Seeing as Glenbrooks was that same weekend?

What awards do you have, bitch?

What awards do you have, bitch?

1. Third speaker at that one tournament last year (I don't remember which)

2. Y'know... Getting to go places? Oh yeah, didn't you get kicked out of going to Valley?

Let's just continue this outside of cross-x. We're clogging up the forum sorta.

1. Third speaker at that one tournament last year (I don't remember which)

2. Y'know... Getting to go places? Oh yeah, didn't you get kicked out of going to Valley?

Let's just continue this outside of cross-x. We're clogging up the forum sorta.

1. What tournament?

2. One of our coaches was a [self-censorship ftl]

EDIT: "Was" should be replaced with "is"

Edited by Hadoken

dispo = awesome

dispo=shit

Fixed.

A good way to trick a team who runs their shit dispo is tell them that they only can go for 1 advocacy in the 2nr. Then you perm the shit outta one of the advocacies and straight turn the rest of them. They only go for the permed advocacy. Be sure to always ask what the fuck dispo means under their interp.

dispo=shit

Fixed.

A good way to trick a team who runs their shit dispo is tell them that they only can go for 1 advocacy in the 2nr. Then you perm the shit outta one of the advocacies and straight turn the rest of them. They only go for the permed advocacy. Be sure to always ask what the fuck dispo means under their interp.

This is the stupidest interp of dispo ever.

This is the stupidest interp of dispo ever.

And yet, it is still a legitimate interp of dispo. See how retarded dispo is? It's like a never ending piece of shit coming out of your ass.