BHS_debater

Nat quals =)

First off, congratulations to Kaiser and Az, and Max and Wittrock. You're all amazing teams and deserve to be going to Kansas City. Also, congrats the the alts, Hunter/Lindsey (i <3 you both), jessica and colton, and mike and...she told me her name last night but i dont remember. Congrats to mike and partner! Haha. I think i speak for us all when i say thank god its over!

Just for informative purposes - the west quals were as follows:

Eagle Pham/Mosell

Eagle Hockensmith/Robinson

Mtn View Schultz/Swanson

Alt: BK Husk/Navert

I'm impressed that you guys get enough teams to enter to qual three teams. In Western Washington we have to work hard to get 10 teams to enter.

haha, the fact that you can't remember her name is hilarious; her name is Natalie.

btw, are you going Jakob? or are you still in the whole camp vs. nats financial constraints?

I was actually disappointed by the outcome, i thought that afro kid from kimberly is one of the best debators ive ever seen, but he got out after the first two:x

I was actually disappointed by the outcome, i thought that afro kid from kimberly is one of the best debators ive ever seen, but he got out after the first two:x

please be joking

Just for informative purposes - the west quals were as follows:

Eagle Pham/Mosell

Eagle Hockensmith/Robinson

Mtn View Schultz/Swanson

Alt: BK Husk/Navert

wow....

I'm going to nats - i decided nats comes before camp. Hopefully, i can still do both, but nats for sure.

I personally think NFL is a joke. go to camp and get better at debate.

• Downvote 1

I personally think NFL is a joke. go to camp and get better at debate.

To be fair, most people in the pacific northwest are not ready to start thinking beyond NFL nationals. While I'm not a fan of the 2 judge and general format, not everyone is ready to say they are better than the NFL. Personally, I hate the Nationals tournament more than any other.

Mercer Island PF isn't ready for the TOC yet, for example, but NFL will help them with college apps and scholarship/grant apps in the next two years as they apply for schools. Next year, I've already told them that they are not even going to districts. My rule is NFL is for 1st and 2nd year debaters only. 3rd year with a compelling reason.

btw, you should still go to camp. Or think about the infiniteprep.com online debate camp/lecture series, evidence stuff. It's way way cheap and you will likely get to ask questions of some great college and debaters/coaches.