Sign in to follow this  
Beastwick

Workshop?

Who wants to workshop some DA's together for next years topic? Withdrawal DA's Maybe? Kinda like, Withdrawing from Japan means China moves in and takes over, thus, nuke war.

Sure. I'll help out.

Just tell me what to cut, and it'll get done if the card exists.

Here's a list of things we would need:

Unq: (U.S. Troops are currently in X) X=Turkey, Japan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, and S. Korea

Link: (AFF Decreases number of troops in X)

Int Link: (Decrease of troops in X Leads to [impact])

Impact: Duh

EXAMPLE:

US troops are in Kuwait

Aff decreases troops in Kuwait

Decrease of troops in Kuwait leads to terrorism

Terror kills us all.

This needs to be done for each country in next years Res. Once I have everything, ill compile a file and send it to everyone who contributes.

Ok, I have an Afghanistan shell almost done... I'll get some others done today too.

cool cool, I'm working on some 2AC blocks to those, mostly impact turns really...do you have any idea what aff your gonna run next year?

I wish. But no, it's like... FML. I'm waiting for camp to get a sense of direction.

Resolved: The United States federal government should amend its Status of Forces Agreements with the government of Japan to transfer jurisdiction over civil and criminal prosecution to the host nation.

US Presence Bad

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0090303zg.html

http://www.newser.com/story/22324/ok...ry-crimes.html

K Advantages like militarism and rape

AT China Attack=Sino Fear/Xenophobia K

AT Jap Prolif=Prolif Racism K

Resolved: The USFG should substantially reduce its military/police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey through terrible strategic decisions.

Malthus

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce its military/police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey, by engaging in a suicide war with North Korea, China, Russia, and Iran, unleashing it nuclear arsenal on these counties.

(Dead=not there)

Malthus

Spark

Wipeout

Hillman

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce its military/police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey, by launching at least one nuclear weapon at every base within each country.

Solves Terrorism

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce its military/police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey, by poisoning MRE’s sent to those countries.

(Dead=not there)

List of random Plan texts I might use...

What is Hillman? Or rather whats the argument?

This is a very different and unique kritik that can be used against literally any affirmative that doesnt have specific answers

It is (centrally) a critique of the way the affirmative psychologically views war. The cards talk about how the affirmative imgaines a world of invulnerability by attempting to prevent war/conflict etc which creates a psychological states that necessitates constant destruction to any percieved threat. The Hillman alternative says that we should psychologically embrace war becuase it allows for a fuller understanding of the unconcious desire to enter war in the first place and solve the root cause of all war.

The way this K is especially 'cheater' friendly is the focus on psychology, the cards are PHENOMENAL about why psychology comes first (that their ontology cards dont answer). This makes this K very strategic in terms of making the substance of the policy a moot point

Does Hillman talk about "total war"?

personally not sure, I havent read his work, my partners got the file and thats how i knew what it was about but we've never run it...it would be interesting to find out...ill get back to you on that if thats cool with you...

Resolved: The United States federal government should amend its Status of Forces Agreements with the government of Japan to transfer jurisdiction over civil and criminal prosecution to the host nation.

US Presence Bad

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0090303zg.html

http://www.newser.com/story/22324/ok...ry-crimes.html

K Advantages like militarism and rape

AT China Attack=Sino Fear/Xenophobia K

AT Jap Prolif=Prolif Racism K

Resolved: The USFG should substantially reduce its military/police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey through terrible strategic decisions.

Malthus

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce its military/police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey, by engaging in a suicide war with North Korea, China, Russia, and Iran, unleashing it nuclear arsenal on these counties.

(Dead=not there)

Malthus

Spark

Wipeout

Hillman

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce its military/police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey, by launching at least one nuclear weapon at every base within each country.

Solves Terrorism

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce its military/police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey, by poisoning MRE’s sent to those countries.

(Dead=not there)

List of random Plan texts I might use...

Quite a few of the people in that thread were joking about these plan texts. The last 4 of these were jokes.

Quite a few of the people in that thread were joking about these plan texts. The last 4 of these were jokes.

Maybe they were, but as ironic affs, they might work...its like TDP...I'd prolly only run them at local/city tournaments, assuming i waste my time even making them...

Maybe they were, but as ironic affs, they might work...its like TDP...I'd prolly only run them at local/city tournaments, assuming i waste my time even making them...

But you need something to criticize with irony. How would making terrible strategic decisions exemplify capitalism?

But you need something to criticize with irony. How would making terrible strategic decisions exemplify capitalism?

I'm not sure, perhaps I could run it straight policy with a malthus ADV, which is stupid, or I could do a Colbertian Satire of our current military procedures...you raise a good point...

Here's a list of things we would need:

Unq: (U.S. Troops are currently in X) X=Turkey, Japan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, and S. Korea

Link: (AFF Decreases number of troops in X)

Int Link: (Decrease of troops in X Leads to [impact])

Impact: Duh

EXAMPLE:

US troops are in Kuwait

Aff decreases troops in Kuwait

Decrease of troops in Kuwait leads to terrorism

Terror kills us all.

This needs to be done for each country in next years Res. Once I have everything, ill compile a file and send it to everyone who contributes.

Why don't you run that as a case turn instead? I'm sure the aff will defend there are troops in those countries - so no need for U evidence. The plan text will be your link. Just run it as a turn saying "Decrease in X -> Impact".

Edited by T_Raw

personally not sure, I havent read his work, my partners got the file and thats how i knew what it was about but we've never run it...it would be interesting to find out...ill get back to you on that if thats cool with you...

Hillman isn't really that at all. He uses archetypical psychology as a foundation for his argument. He says that our psyche is naturally violent, so when we try to explain war in terms of a series of events our political choices, it denies a fundamental part of the human psyche, and also makes war inevitable because we always need to express violence, and instead of imagining war, we feel at "peace" with going to war. He would compare the affirmatives attempts at explaining war to the god apollo, god of logic and rationale. The alternative is compared to the god ares, god of war. This argument takes out internal links on all violence/war scenario, and also gets you the NVTL argument by denying a fundamental part of the human psyche. It's awesome because you avoid, util, realism good/inevitable, reps, discourse.

Hillman isn't really that at all. He uses archetypical psychology as a foundation for his argument. He says that our psyche is naturally violent, so when we try to explain war in terms of a series of events our political choices, it denies a fundamental part of the human psyche, and also makes war inevitable because we always need to express violence, and instead of imagining war, we feel at "peace" with going to war. He would compare the affirmatives attempts at explaining war to the god apollo, god of logic and rationale. The alternative is compared to the god ares, god of war. This argument takes out internal links on all violence/war scenario, and also gets you the NVTL argument by denying a fundamental part of the human psyche. It's awesome because you avoid, util, realism good/inevitable, reps, discourse.

Cool, you wouldnt happen to have a copy of this file to trade would you?