Sign in to follow this  
Soap

Ptx scenarios

With the healthcare scene looking dismal, what'll the next big politics scenario be?

as the uniqueness shifts, i've actually started running health care bad ptx. Sure, i disagree with it, but there are some pretty fun impact scenarios for it. I personally ran health care reform destroys biotech industry

I think financial reform might be the best option.

The problem with Jobs DA is that there is way too much opposition against the new bill that Reid proposed. Unless they find a way around that (there are cards about that actually, senior dems were meeting separately with other senators to get support for the jobs. I have also seen cards saying that Pelosi is working with dems on border to get them to vote), winning the uniqueness would be hard.

I think the problem with START is that Russia wont agree to follow-on because of some missile problems that US had with Russia. I am also not sure if there is anything such as "START follow-on" bill in congress (correct me if I am wrong please). In order to win uniqueness for this DA, you have to win two levels of uniqueness, 1) congress will ratify the follow-on and 2) US-Russia will reach an agreement on the follow-on treaty.

I forgot to mention midterms. It might be hard to find conclusive evidence about who is going to win or not. But you can easily find cards saying why failure on domestic agenda means that dems will lose now. I think it is a very viable scenario, but requires a lot of research on link level.

you can easily find stuff saying dems will lose midterms.

There are tons of articles that say that seniors make up a disproportionate amount of voters in the midterm elections and that seniors primarily vote for Republicans.

I forgot to mention midterms. It might be hard to find conclusive evidence about who is going to win or not. But you can easily find cards saying why failure on domestic agenda means that dems will lose now. I think it is a very viable scenario, but requires a lot of research on link level.

It depends on what you mean by "lose" midterms. Given that they've already lost their supermajority, it's tough to get a plausible scenario either way (losing nine seats in the Senate is something of a stretch even by historical standards, and barring a stunning turn of events they're not getting seats back).

Losing 4-5 Senators isn't enough to set off an impact, unless you can find evidence that a shift in popularity might affect, say, Reid (and thus his ability to lead the Senate/help push key bills/stop Yucca, etc).

sorry for the dumb question, but how exactly would a "health care bad" ptx da be set up?

like what exactly is the scenario?

I guess this is aimed at christhehobo but any advice would be appreciated

sorry for the dumb question, but how exactly would a "health care bad" ptx da be set up?

like what exactly is the scenario?

I guess this is aimed at christhehobo but any advice would be appreciated

Uniqueness: Healthcare won't pass

Link: Plan popular/causes healthcare to pass/winners win

Impact: Healthcare bad

i'm still somewhat confused in regards to the link

are you claiming that the AFF plan is popular and this is what allows for increased popularity/political capital/winner's win?

and if so? how can you know that to be true?

i'm still somewhat confused in regards to the link

are you claiming that the AFF plan is popular and this is what allows for increased popularity/political capital/winner's win?

and if so? how can you know that to be true?

Yeah, you can either read a Winners Win argument or case-specific evidence on how the plan is popular and why that means healthcare will pass.

The premise of the link is the opposite of normal politics scenarios. While normal ones will claim that political capital is finite and that the plan uses political capital, the way you frame a Healthcare Bad Scenario is by saying that the plan will boost chances for passage.

You can get access to the link by reading either generic "poverty policies popular or winners win" or aff specific cards.

• Upvote 1

LOST

LOST will never ever ever ever ever pass. If you can find good uniqueness I will give you a dollar