Sign in to follow this  
Bennett

Hardt/Negri stuff

What are the best places to get cards out of Labor of Dionysus and Virno's Grammar of the Multitude?

in my opinion the most useful cards in LOD are in the preface, though there are a few random things throughout the book.

virno, on the other hand, is fucking gold cover to cover.

in my opinion the most useful cards in LOD are in the preface, though there are a few random things throughout the book.

virno, on the other hand, is fucking gold cover to cover.

What specifically does virno write about? Is he good for alt cards?

Thanks

Edit: Do you have any recommendations for further reading on hardt and negri beyond the obvious empire/multitude/commonwealth?

What specifically does virno write about? Is he good for alt cards?

Thanks

Edit: Do you have any recommendations for further reading on hardt and negri beyond the obvious empire/multitude/commonwealth?

virno writes good perm answers and good nuts/bolts stuff like answers to we puppet the state, we are the multitude, etc. just read the book, it's online for free.

also check out the verso press book _debating empire_ which is edited by gopal balakrishnan i think.

If this thread is looking for answers to H + N....

Explode the empire by making it bigger. We ran an aff on that several topics back and this one card and was quite successful. Its and H + N card. (the internal link between ratifying a treaty and Empire was pretty easy via multilateralism)

Ok so I read through Labor of Dionysus's introduction and couldn't find any cards that aren't already argued better in Empire/Multitude. Maybe I wasn't reading carefully, but where and what exactly are these cards?

are you talking about that ICC is good because it's bad aff that rochester ran on the treaties topic?

Yes. Adam Lee had some pretty decent experience w/ empire and saw UNT run it with the ICC, and so we "borrowed" the idea. The team wracked up a pretty decent record through the season w/ that aff.

Incidently, I think there were also able to claim good stuff like solving genocide, (systemic) exceptionalism with a nuclear war impact, along w/ whatever add ons they decided to roll with.

I think it helped that they were pretty dope on theory thanks to sj.