rrg

AFFs for Next Year

1.HR 3162 aka patriot act 2

Maybe Extratopical... Only repeal portions of it. I mean, the act forces government aqgencies to share information. That's Extra T.

How about whole res? Oh wait, having the entire resolution as your case this year is untopical...what a dumb res.

A lot of people are talking about racism affs and critical advantages like that. Yeah, they make sense, but they seem like they're incredibly non-strategic as well. I'm sure that everybody read the res and the first thing that popped into their mind was either "GITMO with racism!" or "Patriot Act with some kind of human rights thing". Everybody will be ready for those and every camp will put them out. Any bets that the most popular plans include a demo promo advantage that snowballs worldwide or racism affs? That's where my money is.

People may not have thought of your case specifically, but I'd hate to see the debate that comes off the generic advantages that will get tacked on.

Everybody will be ready for those and every camp will put them out. Any bets that the most popular plans include a demo promo advantage that snowballs worldwide or racism affs? That's where my money is.

People may not have thought of your case specifically, but I'd hate to see the debate that comes off the generic advantages that will get tacked on.

generic dis advantages are not even remotely a problem with me they tend to be easy as shit to take out only exception i can think of from the last res was the buhler multilat case and heg. with the ferg cards but in general the only disads to look out for are the case specific

as for the rest of the stuff i'm not even going to go near patriot act 1 and maybe not patriot act 2 either because yeah everyone and their dog will be ready to hit those as for the last one let me explain that real quick this is one i am seriously considering though i already have my real case ready what i am proposing with the Brave New World idea is simply the part where there is no such thing as private property everything belongs to everyone else the whole idea of needing probable cause before searching someones home, car etc is the privacy invasion on they property on themselves if you eliminate the complete idea of privacy or anything beig your own including yourself probable cause is no longer even needed and if it isn't needed and the ideal isn't used no one can violate it there are multiple advantages that can come out of this but i would rather not explain further at the moment like i said i'm thinking about writing and using this one as well but i'll keep thinking i'm in a fairly good mood right now and with my recent attainment of hours upon ours of free time i have nothing better to do

nonviolence sounds like a good idea maybe we should try it out - ghandi..... Well, me and my eherm partner kristina ran gtmo last year and were planning on running it this year. Since we got seperated we will still run it with different partners... best case scenario. Whyte 04 Zizek 02 Foucault 03 Zizek 02 Zizek 02... it may seem a bit odd but it works, we won with it last year when it was completely untopical now that it is topical. GAWD IT WILL RAWK!

hearts and daggers

Mel

ps. makin a swift return. how do ya'll like it.

nonviolence would probably work as a kritik, maybe an aff, however, i dont think that you'll make much of a "swift return" if you can't even spell your own author's name correctly, it's GANDHI

Foucault 03

i call bullshit considering he's been dead for a couple of decades...

brennan

nonviolence would probably work as a kritik, maybe an aff, however, i dont think that you'll make much of a "swift return" if you can't even spell your own author's name correctly, it's GANDHI

Lily, you had better shut your feckin mouth.

i call bullshit considering he's been dead for a couple of decades...

brennan

reminds me of this one round i judged at our tournament somebody tried to attack rrf using a disad that had some really good cards their only problem the tags were Heidegger in '02

They published a book with his lectures in it in 2003.

don't give a damn. cite the cards from the dates the lectures were given, not the publishing date... that's kind of like citing Plato in 2004 if there's a translation... bullshit.

brennan

that's fine... just letting you know that technically, its unethical to cite foucault in 03.

brennan

that's fine... just letting you know that technically, its unethical to cite foucault in 03.

brennan

Foucault in 03 may not be as bad as Socrates in '77

dates are irrelevantl; they give nothing to the debate in most cases(unless someone has evidence that is obviously proven false by newer evidence); i prefer empirical evidence over dates, it is much more appealing and user friendly. But you can't say foucalt on 03 if the man has been dead for years, thats like saying Jesus Christ 05'... ridiculous isn't it?

dates are irrelevantl; they give nothing to the debate in most cases(unless someone has evidence that is obviously proven false by newer evidence); i prefer empirical evidence over dates, it is much more appealing and user friendly. But you can't say foucalt on 03 if the man has been dead for years, thats like saying Jesus Christ 05'... ridiculous isn't it?

Can you claim that you're Jesus? That would be sweet. Or say you talked to Jesus in the second coming, the world is going to end regardless, screw the case, let's pray.

The Weed Aff

No more border patrol searching incoming vehicles past a visual inspection - allows marijuana to get into the country.. More weed = more smoking of weed.. weed good.

Topicality might be an interesting won.. Oh and the fact that weed is illegal..

Can you claim that you're Jesus? That would be sweet. Or say you talked to Jesus in the second coming, the world is going to end regardless, screw the case, let's pray.

i don't think that is qiute what i was giong for but having a convorsation with god in the middle of a round and then sing it to kritik the aff would be pretty sweet... especialy if they are a christian school, they can't not listen to their god heheh.... anyways back to the topic at hand, internet privacy is gunna be hella sweet next year, i'm still trying to work out some of the kinks and get some unique advantages for it. if anyone wants to work on it with me, email me at crazy_dude_58@hotmail.com

Dates are interesting, somebody had a card from '99, 1799 that is. Nobody caught it, but they woulda explained it if they had.. and dates only matter if its provable logicly that the circumstances have changed the actual feasability of the warrants... we all know this. historical references never go out of date, just like math textbooks stay relatively the same from decade to decade, and principles are infinite unless its proven irrrelevant due to recent circumstances.

its been done

"fuck it if they don't need warrants neither do i. judge there is one thing you need to take into account that is the fact that jesus has possesed my body in preperation for the second coming and is manifesting his wishes through my actions a vote against me is a vote against christ and for your own eternal damnation vote aff and avoid infinite doom"

its been done

"fuck it if they don't need warrants neither do i. judge there is one thing you need to take into account that is the fact that jesus has possesed my body in preperation for the second coming and is manifesting his wishes through my actions a vote against me is a vote against christ and for your own eternal damnation vote aff and avoid infinite doom"

How desperate would one need to be...

Overturn United States v. Leon 1988

Actually, it was US v Leon 1984. And why would one overturn this, other than the fact that it is topical? What advantage are you going to claim? For those that don't know, the police obtained a search warrant for Mr. Leon and seized some evidence. A judge ruled that the affadavit for the search warrant did not provide probably cause, so the evidence was inadmissable. The SC came back and ruled that the police didn't violate anything (since they were operating under what they thought was a totally legit search warrant)...that the "exclusion principle" (that says evidence seized without warrant is inadmissable) exists not as a right, but as a deterrant to illegal police action. The police didn't do anything illegal. The precedent would be to discourage the police from executing legal actions as well.

While I'm sure you were saving time by not going into it, there is some nuance here. Technically, the date exists in order to prove the evidence exists and to provide everyone in the round reasonable access to it (it is a "works cited" for your speech). Of course, in that sense, you either quote "Foucalt in [whatever date the lecture was given]" OR "[Editors of the book you are quoting] in 03". It is intellectually dishonest to do otherwise.