Sign in to follow this  
debater08

[DEAD] [M] Round 265: [PARLI] Debater08 (aff) vs. shreethebsmaster (neg)

After posting a challenge to anyone for a Vdebate in NPTE parli style debate, Shree has accepted the challenge. Policy judges are absolutely fine and we will need at least 3 maybe 5. Same rules for the policy rounds will be in place except for WC since speech times in parli are a bit different. There is the government (aff) and the opposition (neg) and the times are 7(1st Gov Constructive), 8(1st Opp Constructive), 8(2nd Gov Constructive), 8(2nd Opp Constructive), 4(1st Opp Rebuttal), 5(1st Gov. Rebuttal). WC will be 2000 for Constructives with a 200 wc leeway and 1400 for Rebuttals with the same leeway attached. There is no prep time between speeches so the 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced unless something like a debate tournament is in the way.

The Resolution is: The United States federal government should substantially increase its foreign assistance to Southeast Asia in the area(s) of human rights and/or transnational crime.

The Government will be debater08

The Opposition will be shreethebsmaster

Those wishing to judge please attach a paradigm. We in parli use the same arguments you use so your paradigms for policy remain the same in parli

Judges:

Should be fun to try out. I will be busy though on 1/22-25 (I'll be debating at fullerton) so expect delays then. But otherwise, I should be fine with the 24 hours thing.

Also, I would personally prefer judges who will understand kritiks, since the neg strat will probably have one ;)

Should be fun to try out. I will be busy though on 1/22-25 (I'll be debating at fullerton) so expect delays then. But otherwise, I should be fine with the 24 hours thing.

Also, I would personally prefer judges who will understand kritiks, since the neg strat will probably have one ;)

I could judge if you wanted. Would understand if you didn't want me to judge

I'm fine with Sweet Ev as a judge. I leave for Texas Tech in the morning and will be pretty busy till Tuesday. I'll try to get the PMC up while on the road tomorrow but no promises. Worst case scenario its posted Tuesday while on the road or that afternoon when we get back.

I'm fine with Sweet Ev as a judge. I leave for Texas Tech in the morning and will be pretty busy till Tuesday. I'll try to get the PMC up while on the road tomorrow but no promises. Worst case scenario its posted Tuesday while on the road or that afternoon when we get back.

No worries. Debate tournaments and school > VDebate. I understand. I'll let you know when things are coming up for me as well. Basically, I'll probably be busy every weekend starting the weekend of 1/22 with debate tournaments, but will be able to post speeches on weekdays.

Also, is there cross-x in this format? I don't really know how this works--I've only seen really bad APDA rounds.

-Shree

I could judge if you wanted. Would understand if you didn't want me to judge

Hey man, you're welcome to judge. The K probably won't be cap though, I don't think :(

Hey man, you're welcome to judge. The K probably won't be cap though, I don't think :(

Thats fine with me. Cap isn't my only K =P.

Thats fine with me. Cap isn't my only K =P.

"Unless you have investigated a problem, you will be deprived of the right to speak on it. Isn't that too harsh? Not in the least. When you have not probed into a problem, into the present facts and its past history, and know nothing of its essentials, whatever you say about it will undoubtedly be nonsense. Talking nonsense solves no problems, as everyone knows, so why is it unjust to deprive you of the right to speak? Quite a few comrades always keep their eyes shut and talk nonsense, and for a Communist that is disgraceful. How can a Communist keep his eyes shut and talk nonsense?

It won' t do!

It won't do!

You must investigate!

You must not talk nonsense!"

;)

Hey so Kinsey, I had two other questions.

Is there going to be cross-x between speeches?

Also, seeing that there's only 5 speeches, when is the last time that new arguments can be brought up? I assume that you still split the block in NPTE as well.

the only questions that usually happen are what we call POI's and they generally happen during the speech... the rule of thumb is only 3 questions through the speech so at the end of each constructive. For you the last time new arguments can be made is the MOC which is the 2nd neg constructive for you. However the gov's last rebuttal gets the ability to answer all of these new arguments. Also there are tools called "point of orders" in which you get to point out new arguments made on arguments made in the LOC. These can also be posted after the rebuttals.

the only questions that usually happen are what we call POI's and they generally happen during the speech... the rule of thumb is only 3 questions through the speech so at the end of each constructive. For you the last time new arguments can be made is the MOC which is the 2nd neg constructive for you. However the gov's last rebuttal gets the ability to answer all of these new arguments. Also there are tools called "point of orders" in which you get to point out new arguments made on arguments made in the LOC. These can also be posted after the rebuttals.

Okay, sounds good.

Hey Kinsey, I realize you've probably been pretty busy. I'm just letting you know that if you do post a 1AC soon, I will only be able to post after Tuesday (because I'll be debating at Fullerton this weekend).

still working on the PMC... sorry about the time. It's just been really hectic around here since Tech. I should have it up sometime tonight

Hey,

So I haven't heard from you in a while-- I presume you're busy. By the off chance that you decide to post this weekend, I will be out of town because of a debate tournament--so I can only post after Tuesday?

I was just about to declare this round "dead," but I realize it never even started. I'll wait for debater08 to respond though.

hey sorry guys. my laptop has been in the shop for a power issue and as soon as either it gets back or my tax return gets here and I just go buy a netbook I'll get it posted. I apologize to all for the inconvenience. I didn't forsee this power problem happening.

hey sorry guys. my laptop has been in the shop for a power issue and as soon as either it gets back or my tax return gets here and I just go buy a netbook I'll get it posted. I apologize to all for the inconvenience. I didn't forsee this power problem happening.

No worries, this weekend and the month of March are going to be busy for me though, so I may not be able to post immediately after you post your speech (although I will do my best).

-Shree