Sign in to follow this  
JFS

Kappeler

NOTE: I am not very knowledgeable about Kappeler at all.

I was thinking that we could put together a Kappeler aff for this topic. For anyone who's familiar with Kappeler, she talks about personal responsibility and accountability for violence. Maybe by taking action against violence in other countries, we could be personally accountable? It would be very critical, probably something like "We demand that..."

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I was thinking that we could put together a Kappeler aff for this topic. For anyone who's familiar with Kappeler, she talks about personal responsibility and accountability for violence. Maybe by taking action against violence in other countries, we could be personally accountable? It would be very critical, probably something like "We demand that..."

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Maybe. Your aff would have to be heavily individual resistance oriented.

On the other hand, it seems like a traditional plan text that demands stuff on the state would link to Kappeler because (A) you see state as the only viable sphere of action and (B) you scapegoat your own responsibility for conflicts onto the state.

would a narrative change whether the aff links to itself?

something about how as americans we have caused uneccesary and evil violence and such

Maybe accepting responsibility for the violence, etc. and using it as a way to make demands against the government. Maybe the letter of the law card or something? I'm not very familiar with Kappeler either so I'm not sure.

Yeah. You definitely link to what Kappeler calls "Mental Deputy Politics" in which you view the government as the only actor able to create change which arguably makes sense on a topic about reducing military deployment.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Better on the NEG

but if you want to run it on the AFF Cal Gupta and Pai on the collge caselist does something simliar but specific to our topic

if you want to do it on the AFF you really have to be ready for a framework debate because your offense does not really stem from the United States doing something its more about your inividual call to reconize that the individual should take action

have to be careful they just might say your starting point is bad you still say the USFG does something - this means if they fuck up you push your responsiblity to them and deny you have a part

Nayer also links to your caling about the state - should have answers to this because Nayer would probably largley agree with Kappler except he goes further to say that we should never except institutions ect

Better on the NEG

but if you want to run it on the AFF Cal Gupta and Pai on the collge caselist does something simliar but specific to our topic

if you want to do it on the AFF you really have to be ready for a framework debate because your offense does not really stem from the United States doing something its more about your inividual call to reconize that the individual should take action

have to be careful they just might say your starting point is bad you still say the USFG does something - this means if they fuck up you push your responsiblity to them and deny you have a part

Nayer also links to your caling about the state - should have answers to this because Nayer would probably largley agree with Kappler except he goes further to say that we should never except institutions ect

Some of Cal teams also run this on the neg. There are probably cites on opencaselist. They combine Nayar and Kappeler. That just adds different link arguments and they don't really contradict. ie. Kappeler's talking about taking personal responsibility towards violence in your everyday life and Nayar is talking about global ordering being problematic. Two links.

What are ideas for Kappeler solving any of case this year?

I mean it can solve xenophobia and stuff like that, but it really can't solve anything about the military itself.

You answered your own question

What are ideas for Kappeler solving any of case this year?

I mean it can solve xenophobia and stuff like that, but it really can't solve anything about the military itself.

if you're running kappeler coherently you probably aren't going to be solving much of case and will be diverting the debate towards questions of framing or the role of the ballot

if you're running kappeler coherently you probably aren't going to be solving much of case and will be diverting the debate towards questions of framing or the role of the ballot

Not necessarily.Kappeler solves racism and the like, which was pretty common in our circuit. Like someone here ran a Waste Aff and Kappeler solved the whole "ethic" - we choose to participate in the waste ethic.

Not necessarily.Kappeler solves racism and the like, which was pretty common in our circuit. Like someone here ran a Waste Aff and Kappeler solved the whole "ethic" - we choose to participate in the waste ethic.

Why do you ask about something you already know?

Sign in to follow this