egold

K Affs?

How do you think people will go about Kritiking the resolution? Ideas for K affs? It will be much harder to do so comparatively to this year.

• Downvote 1

eh, probably easier. You can defend topical action AND read a K aff easily.

We'll be performing something.

• Downvote 1

I'm thinking about either Nietzsche or writing a kritikal aff that basically says that we'd just be decreasing from x country to increase to y country, and this is bad, therefore we need to decrease recruitment instead of military/police presence. I'm more leaning towards the second one.

I'm thinking about either Nietzsche or writing a kritikal aff that basically says that we'd just be decreasing from x country to increase to y country, and this is bad, therefore we need to decrease recruitment instead of military/police presence. I'm more leaning towards the second one.

how is this kritikal?

and i'm not sure how strategic that is. It's also super-ultra-mega extra T

Ks how the miliary works, decreasing troops from country x only to increase them to country y.

How's it kritiking how the military works...? That's the most policy aff ever lol.

How do you think people will go about Kritiking the resolution?

I've been thinking about this for a few days and i have one thing to say.

Why do you have to? Whats the strategy there?

I understand that it's kind of cool to K the resolution but the resolution this year is perfectly set up for a kritikal stance. You can have a performane type thing in the 1AC but still be topical. This also takes away all the boring old theory debates. It seems to be that K'ing the resolution is just reaching for straws. It shouldn't matter whether the argument is in or out of the resolution on this bases of kritik, that shouldn't phase you. you should jsut be worried about the argument itself.

How's it kritiking how the military works...? That's the most policy aff ever lol.

I believe they're saying that defending the resolution by saying "pullout of x" is bad because it doesn't solve the problem of deployment because the militarists will just put them somewhere else. Therefore, the kritik of the military's actions are the harms and the decreaseing of recruitment would solve.

Meh, it's an alright idea, although i don't see how much you would be solving for by decreasing recruiting...if you really wanna do this sort of thing just go pacifist rejection of the military. That is if you can defend the turns.

and i'm not sure how strategic that is. It's also super-ultra-mega extra T
Save T for June, man.
  • Downvote 1

Jus' sayin... there has to be some kind of evaluation of the topicality of the aff. And it's like uber-super-ultra-megaman not topical

an anti-militarism kritikal aff [just search militarism on planet debate and look at pre-made files, there's tons of anti-militarism files you can make an aff out of]; i don't have alot of biopower literature, but im sure that could be infused aswell

Edited by ChetanFS

Security is what you're looking for.

i like the idea of an antimilitarism k aff with a feminist twist!

You'd probably have to go all out feminism. a lot of feminism authors indict other Ks of militarism.

Specific vs. general

At first glance, it seems that only defending the decrease in pressense (or whatever the resolutional verbage is) in only one country might be easier than defending a critique of the entire resolutional enterprise. You still offer the same basic criticism.

If you do K one country....I'm curious if the neg. advocates a different pullout with a kritic/disad to your criticism/pullout. (although a perm seems to solve as long as disad doesn't turn or outweigh the case).

could we use the idea of the neitzsche dice roll concept

like by reducing our troops, we accept the possibility of war?

i'm too experienced with anything nietzsche says btw

all your IR K's security Fem ect probably work pretty well on this topic

you guys should all check out the college case list from this year since it is very simliar but about nuke weapons

i like the idea of maybe oil/resource securitization for kuwait/iraq

good links

I wonder if there is any critical literature about the conflict over the Spratleys. Certainly our basing in the US-Japan alliance is to deter China's creeping role in that area.

It was likely also a relic of the Cold War and an effort to deter red spread in south east asia.

Well here's asomething, maybe a little bit of Chaloupka, some securitization, and then throw in some cuomo stuff for feminism/positive peace, those would be pretty solid together, I'm looking forward to having a kritikal aff this next season.

Go Rams! :P

How do you think people will go about Kritiking the resolution? Ideas for K affs? It will be much harder to do so comparatively to this year.

Untopical Queer Theory w/o a plan text.

• Upvote 1

Imperialism bad, in general makes MUCH less sense as a kritik of the topic because it is to *reduce* that imperial presence. In reality one of the only links that even makes sense is Spanos.

Edited by Studley Dudley