Sign in to follow this  
LPCade

Textual Competition Impact

What do you think the impact of winning textual competition bad against a counterplan is (assuming its not functionally competitive)? Does it mean you sever out of the plan text or change it to the counterplan? Does it mean you reject the counterplan kind of like 50 state fiat? Or is it a reason to vote down the team (least liely)? or something else?

Guest fizelly27
What do you think the impact of winning textual competition bad against a counterplan is (assuming its not functionally competitive)? Does it mean you sever out of the plan text or change it to the counterplan? Does it mean you reject the counterplan kind of like 50 state fiat? Or is it a reason to vote down the team (least liely)? or something else?

This might be incredibly wrong cause I've been having my mind numbed reading about the roots of American music, but it seems to me that if you win that textual competition is a bad standard for competition and the CP does not compete functionally it just means the counterplan is not competitive and a permutation would solve.

Perm do the CP

Severance good/we aren't sev

Perm not an advocacy

For example, if it's a word pic, you would perm: do the CP; if you can prove text comp is bad, you win the perm and CP flows aff.

Be prepped for severance bad.

Perm do the CP

Severance good/we aren't sev

Perm not an advocacy

For example, if it's a word pic, you would perm: do the CP; if you can prove text comp is bad, you win the perm and CP flows aff.

Be prepped for severance bad.

I don't think that is an answer to textual competition, though. Their argument is that there is no severance because the counterplan and plan are not mutually exclusive because the words in each of the texts don't 'contradict' each other. Meaning, the plan could actually be the counterplan because there is no mutual exclusivity.

Obviously severance becomes an argument if they go for functional competition outweighs, but just saying severance bad doesn't really answer the thesis of textual competition.