JoshuaRivera

Counterplans

So I think counter plan ground next year is going to be huge here is a couple ideas i thought of

1. Reduce troops is a non resolutional country- nb will be politics reducing troops in x is popular while reducing troops in y is not

2. Increase troop presence in countries- the must mutually exclusive counterplan with a net ben of hege or politics depending on the scenario

3. Consults- I don't know how much literature there is on hte u.s needed to consult before reducing troops

4. Private military contracts- there are alot of PMC on hte ground reducing them would reduce u.s presence but not link to tix since no one ever hears about PMC operations i.e its many years and nothing substantial over black water has been done not to mention the other PMC that we dont hear about.

Edited by Stat.

advantage cp's will be very useful

also "X resolutional country" pics will be fun

Fullerton will once again be using their consult NATO, but they probably won't be the only ones next year

or we could see cp's that say "have the uk reduce their military presence instead of the us" and then ptx

no omg laik u got trolled u so responded like i wanted u to

lolololololol!!!!

Touché.

• Downvote 1

Ban the armed forces with Spanos and Fucko as net bens.

and honestly, delay will be fucking hot on this topic. Especially with specific lit. about withdrawal dates in certain areas.

just yes

1. Reduce troops is a non resolutional country- nb will be politics reducing troops in x is popular while reducing troops in y is not

Any good aff will have advantages based on the speciic country, its an uphill battle to solvency.

I think one of the best strats is country pic's like you saw on hte Africa topic. Except this year they will be even better because they'll actually be textually competitive because you can't just say "sub saharan africa". At least they'll be good on aff's that do one thing for all the countries.

How about re-evaluation of U.S. stance towards diplomacy/int'l law? Leading to withdrawal/game change in every country we're in.

Just some initial counterplan ideas for the new high school topic:

1) Exclude X Country specific PICS

2) Exclude particular regions/bases (ie pullout of all regions except X)

3) Exclude particular armed forces/weapons systems (ie army, but not air force)

4) Consult the government (or X sub-group or NGO)

5) Advantage counterplans: Counterplans to solve prolif, terrorism, econ, and hege advantages

6) Condition counterplans perhaps. Condition pullout on the government doing X

7) Agency counterplan/Branch counterplan

8) Delay counterplans based on the need for US support/relations/pressense during upcoming country specific elections (as well as those based off our own midterms) Also immediate vs. slow withdrawal. Or coordination with overall military strategy.

Is there a viable Womp or Anarchy counterplan to be had?

Edited by nathan_debate

I have a feeling that re-deployment CPs will be a key neg ground (with either politics or individual country-based NB's). Interesting idea...not really competitive.

Its like do the affirmative and then roll it back in 6 months.

The perm solves. Game over.

(and you can't isolate a net benefit because the perm is the counterplan)

<<cross posted from the affirmatives thread>>

well there is one i was interested. one about giving the U.N military power so that if any thing went wrong after the troops left, they could step. Any one have any ideas where you would find something like that?

well there is one i was interested. one about giving the U.N military power so that if any thing went wrong after the troops left, they could step. Any one have any ideas where you would find something like that?

a UN Standing Army? Check the 2004-2005 files

Just some initial counterplan ideas for the new high school topic:

1) Exclude X Country specific PICS

2) Exclude particular regions/bases (ie pullout of all regions except X)

3) Exclude particular armed forces/weapons systems (ie army, but not air force)

4) Consult the government (or X sub-group or NGO)

5) Advantage counterplans: Counterplans to solve prolif, terrorism, econ, and hege advantages

6) Condition counterplans perhaps. Condition pullout on the government doing X

7) Agency counterplan/Branch counterplan

8) Delay counterplans based on the need for US support/relations/pressense during upcoming country specific elections (as well as those based off our own midterms) Also immediate vs. slow withdrawal. Or coordination with overall military strategy.

Is there a viable Womp or Anarchy counterplan to be had?

those could also fly for some affs. subsets T would be run against affs that exclude regions, etc. Delays would also work on aff simply because the resolution doesn't impose a time frame. Nor does it impose a branch. Kinda stating the obvious, but yeah =)

Free market and State CPs will be amazing this season.

this almost sounds like sarcasm... states have no control over the military. You wont find solvency advocates that say they should. Thats why we almost got screwed in the American revolution.

Free market... there is tones of evidence about negative feedback to private corporations such as Xe (Blackwater). Also corporations have no control over our military.

this almost sounds like sarcasm... states have no control over the military. You wont find solvency advocates that say they should. Thats why we almost got screwed in the American revolution.

Free market... there is tones of evidence about negative feedback to private corporations such as Xe (Blackwater). Also corporations have no control over our military.

I can't imagine why my post might sound like sarcasm. But thank you for your enlightening response.

(Lemme help a bit: This post is sarcasm too.)