Sign in to follow this  
TheHutt

Judge Harmony Beta now available

Check out this brand new website brought to you by Danny Cantrell, whose other software designs include PlusTab 2.0 and ForensicsTournament:

http://www.judgeharmony.com/index.php/main

Judge Harmony seeks to connect potential judges with tournament directors looking to hire. If you're a judge, it's free to join, and you'll be notified whenever a tournament within a specified number of miles from your zipcode wants to hire. If you're a tournament director, there is a nominal fee to send out a request for judges, but you won't be charged if nobody views your request. (The service is also free for a limited time right now).

It sounds like a pretty good service so I would encourage you to join. The more people who join the more effective it will be.

Does anyone know if anyone (Tournament Director/Coach) has actually used this?

I think a service like this mainly benefits smaller programs or coaches that don't have many "connections" in the community. This is a really small number of people because those would only be coaches whose teams travel the national circuit and/or tournament directors that want a national circuit pool but don't have the connections to do so "normally". Usually you just pool from your local college debate teams, alumni, or former/current college debaters you know.

It only really works if judges actually sign up for the service. Any statistics on judges registered?

I think the idea is very interesting though.