Sign in to follow this  
Tehnikhil

CP for Gender Aff

I am kinda wondering what a good counterplan would be for the gender aff (preferably one that accesses their solvency). The varsity guys at my school are always divided on what is a good CP. Some say that I shoudl run CP universal, others states, and others do FM with a government grant. I don't think I will do states, because in novice where I live, almost everyone runs states CP and gets their Cp crushed. Is there any case specific CP that is good?

I am kinda wondering what a good counterplan would be for the gender aff (preferably one that accesses their solvency). The varsity guys at my school are always divided on what is a good CP. Some say that I shoudl run CP universal, others states, and others do FM with a government grant. I don't think I will do states, because in novice where I live, almost everyone runs states CP and gets their Cp crushed. Is there any case specific CP that is good?

courts cp with ptx nb

the best CP for gender affs is CEDAW CP. CEDAW is a treaty that makes discrimination against women illegal and the solvency ev. is amazing for it and the ev. against it sucks. the best part is that the cp doens't really link into anything. CEDAW is popular, consistant with federalism, and doesn't spend any $. CEDAW with a DA and biopower or objecivism will win you most gender aff debates. a free file for it is availible at planetdebate.com

• Downvote 1

There are many routes you could go for a counter plan strategy for this aff.

(If you are talking about SDI's Gender AFF)

It depends on what plan text/solvency advocate they use.

For the Courts

I would use States CP that does the caregivers plan text/solvency advocate. Its in the Gender Neg file here. That with the combination of politics, federalism, and a courts DA. (You cna always kick ptx if they win that courts =/= link to ptx). Also regardless what CP you run against the courts plan text/solvency advocate you should ALWAYS run some courts can't solve gender cards which can be found here.)

For the Caregivers

Same thing as above, just run States CP along with ptx and fism.

Options for Either

You have two more semi generic CPs

1. Gender mainstreaming - You have the UN use gender perspectives in their data. This avoids all disadvs to USFG action (anything you can link to the federal government increasing SS = a Net benefit). You also get better access to global solvency. The only problem here is the international fiat bad theory argument. Its harder to win on than condo good or agent CPs bad. (This is in SDI's Gender neg which is found here.

2. CEDAW CP - You ratify and implement the CEDAW treaty. You still the usual politics, spending, and SS bad disads as net benefits. You also get a sweet add on soft power advantage. (This is another file that can be found here.

Regardless of what CP you run,

You should always have on-case in your arsenal. Wether is Patriarchy =/= RC of war or courts =/= solve gender it is always a good time tradeoff and the cards are very good. The "war turns case" evidence is very good so no matter what your NB to your CPs are you should always read those in the block.

Any questions on specifics of the CPs or about the case just PM me. My strategy against this case doesn't involve a CP and its very effective, if you'd like to know it pm me.

so say if you were going against the CEDAW cp with the BHS gender aff, how would you attack? Knowing that the CEDAW cp has answers to perm do both. So would the argument be perm do plan then cp? if so how do you argue against that perm? sorry i'm a novice.

so say if you were going against the CEDAW cp with the BHS gender aff, how would you attack? Knowing that the CEDAW cp has answers to perm do both. So would the argument be perm do plan then cp? if so how do you argue against that perm? sorry i'm a novice.

solvency deficit + links to net benefit (most likely politics)

the best CP for gender affs is CEDAW CP. CEDAW is a treaty that makes discrimination against women illegal and the solvency ev. is amazing for it and the ev. against it sucks. the best part is that the cp doens't really link into anything. CEDAW is popular, consistant with federalism, and doesn't spend any $. CEDAW with a DA and biopower or objecivism will win you most gender aff debates. a free file for it is availible at planetdebate.com

this isnt true.

there are amazing literature on why international agreements specifically in the context of CEDAW fails because its based on faulty premises of gender neutrality.

if cp is so popular.. perm do both shields the plan.

sex discrimination is illegal. cp must spend money, it creates an affirmative obligation for the fed gov to implement programs to combat domestic violence, etc.

EDIT:

i don't think there is an "omg awesome end all be all gender cp". it all depends on the specific internal links of the aff.

Perms - Just because they have answers to the perm doesn't mean you can't win on the perm. What are their answers to perm?

Theory

Solvency Deficit - This is easier won if you use the courts as your solvency mech, just win that courts are key to challenge gender and the welfare state (There are two cards in teh courts solvency mech for it)

Turns - I'm sure there is a reason the CP hasn't happened yet. Do a couple searches through the internet or download some old back files and see if you can find any related evidence.

ok i think i was a little confusing in my last post. I am wanting to answer aff perms. sorry whenever i think of arguments its kinda like their is an imaginary opponent in my head answering them. So say i am running CEDAW, the perm do both block is pretty good. But if i were aff i would think the best perm would be do plan then cp. And as neg i don't know what i would say to that. I'd probably cry abuse, haha:). So advice on how to handle a do plan then cp perm

ok i think i was a little confusing in my last post. I am wanting to answer aff perms. sorry whenever i think of arguments its kinda like their is an imaginary opponent in my head answering them. So say i am running CEDAW, the perm do both block is pretty good. But if i were aff i would think the best perm would be do plan then cp. And as neg i don't know what i would say to that. I'd probably cry abuse, haha:). So advice on how to handle a do plan then cp perm

timeframe/sequencing perms are most likely illegitimate. it still links to the net benefit anyway though.

Yea, most likely the only answer will be. "It links to the net benefits".

Just beat them on the net benefits and win the solvency deficit.

And the CP bites biopower/objectivism.

CP's usually don't solve gender AFFs that well unless you can find something good to PIC out of or have more of a K NB that CP doesn't link to (i.e. ID politics bad/Butler/3rd World ect....)

• Upvote 1