Sign in to follow this  
Jedi Legend

ESPNLebron.com

This post is dedicated to following the daily (at least) Lebron articles on ESPN. I could have started this post about a week ago and I'd have about 14 entries by now.

I thought of doing a post like this when, for the second time in a span of like 4 months, ESPN ran a "Lebron would be good at football" story. It was seriously like a repeat... complete with the same accompanying Sports Nation polls. Every time anything happens, Lebron is quoted on ESPN and his brief quote forms its own article. This absurdity has to be brought to the forefront.

To get a sense of what I mean, here's one from today:

"LeBron discusses Women in NBA"

Comment: Because we really were worried about what Lebron has to say on the subject of women in the NBA.

Then, an article that was posted yesterday:

"LeBron 50-50 on dunk contest"

Comment: Well, the dunk contest is right around the corner... only about three months away!

• Upvote 1

if you have to wait almost a week to do this its probably ridiculous. it isnt lebron's fault people obsess over what he does. but you got your witty comment in so its whatever

• Upvote 1

it isnt lebron's fault people obsess over what he does.

QFA all the way on this.

As for the other thing, if I have a legitimate criticism of ESPN, then I don't think that the week vs. day thing is all that big of an issue. That is much more often than any other player gets a column dedicated to having some opinion or being good at some thing.

I'm going to go ahead and decline your backhanded compliment because we both know nothing I said on this thread has been witty. This thread didn't have to take on the format that it did. Instead of trying to be "witty" or clever, I could have raised serious complaints about the BS that is on ESPN all the time. Their Tiger coverage is laughable, and I think Jason Whitlock is dead on in his criticism that the affair wouldn't have been as big of an issue if Tiger was not married to a white woman.

Their Tiger coverage is laughable, and I think Jason Whitlock is dead on in his criticism that the affair wouldn't have been as big of an issue if Tiger was not married to a white woman.
Its Tiger. He's pretty much the best golfer in history. He had a pristine record before this.

Recall....it was a midnight call on the night of thanksgiving (an otherwise dead media time) that brought this on. It was the mystery. What went wrong? Why is Tiger hurt? Also, it was inevitable to the extent that US Magazine had coverage....after that....the cat was out of the bag. Once just a little flame was added to that fire....it became pretty explosive as a story.

The tabloids certainly exploit race...but they mostly exploit eyeballs. Throwing the tabloids sexual controversy from sports stars, particularly elite sport stars like Tiger is like throwing a piranha fresh meat.

This is just a poor attempt of ESPN to create another angle on the story or an example of Jason Whitlock shooting off unnecessarily.

By now in the controversy, the sheer volume indicates Whitlock's analysis to be full of holes.

Im kinda hoping he goes to the Knicks, not because Im a Knick fan but it would draw more attention to NBA and a good team in New York is good for the league.

Also hes made people in Cleveland a little too cocky. And people in cleveland shouldnt be cocky about anything.

Im kinda hoping he goes to the Knicks, not because Im a Knick fan but it would draw more attention to NBA and a good team in New York is good for the league.

Also hes made people in Cleveland a little too cocky. And people in cleveland shouldnt be cocky about anything.

ummmmmmmm. ive spent the entire season on pins and needles. im scared to death of the playoffs. there is no confidence at all anywhere