Sign in to follow this  
magicmasterk

2009 Holiday Round Robin

Speaking as a former competitor I would say that it is more than worth your while to attend this tournament. Good competition, good judging, excellent hospitality.

BUMP there are 19 teams currently entered in open and 7 in novice. Anyone else planing on going?

Right now CK McClatchy, Nevada Union, Lowell, Sage Ridge, Douglas and Menlo-Atherton are participating.

Congratulations to Stephen, Marcus, and Josh for running an excellent tournament for a second year in a row. It may be small, but this tournament remains one of my favorites. Congratulations to that Reno team for 6-0 and making it to finals as well. From what I heard, that was their first time debating together and they managed to really adapt well to what was obviously a different style of debate than they were used to.

Congratulations to Stephen, Marcus, and Josh for running an excellent tournament for a second year in a row. It may be small, but this tournament remains one of my favorites. Congratulations to that Reno team for 6-0 and making it to finals as well. From what I heard, that was their first time debating together and they managed to really adapt well to what was obviously a different style of debate than they were used to.

Ben what happened in finals?

Ben what happened in finals?

Nevada Union AM essentially tied with Reno, given that the round did not progress past the cross examination of the 1A (Reno was aff). You should PM Josh if you want more details because I'm sure all parties have their own interpretations of the events that transpired and I'd rather not offend anyone.

• Upvote 1