Sign in to follow this  
JFS

DnG

I'm wondering: what have people who run this argument seen in terms of 2AC's against it?

There's honestly a lot of different arguments that Deleuze and Guattari make so the answers probably vary depending on the K. From my experiences of debating Deleuzian arguments, a consistent favorite seems to be that "mimic the strata" perm that people make. I'll post it once I find it (or if someone else doesn't beat me to it).

a consistent favorite seems to be that "mimic the strata" perm that people make - I'll post it once I find it (or if someone else doesn't beat me to it).

Deleuze & Guattari, 1987 [Felix Deleuze, Giles Guattari - pg. 160-161 of A Thousand Plateaus]

"You have to keep enough of the organism for it to reform each dawn; and you have to keep small supplies of significance and subjectification, if only to turn them against their own systems when the circumstances demand it, when things, persons, even situations, force you to; and you have to keep small rations of subjectivity in sufficent quantity to enable you to respond to the dominant reality. Mimic the strata. You don't reach the Body without Organs, and its plane of consistency, by wildly destratifying. That is why we encountered the paradox of those emptied and dreary bodies at the very beginning: they had emptied themselves of their organs instead of looking for the point at which they could patiently and momentarily dismantle the organization of the organs we call the organism. There are, in fact, several ways of botching the BwO: either one fails to produce it, or one produces it more or less, but nothing is produced on it, intensities do not pass or are blocked. This is because the BwO is always swinging between the surfaces that stratify it and the plane that sets it free. If you free it with too violent an action, if you blow apart the strata without taking precautions, then instead of drawing the plane you will be killed, plunged into a black hole, or even dragged toward castrophe. Staying stratified-- organized, signified, subjected-- is not the worst that can happen; the worst that can happen is if you throw the strata is demented or suicidal collaspe, which brings them down on us heavier then ever. This is how it should be done: Lodge yourself on a stratum, experiment with the opportunities it offers, find an advantageous place on it, find potential movements of deterritorializations,

possible lines of flight,

Edited by Dr. Octagon

Zizek has a wide number of arguments he repeats against D&G, most of them dealing with the fact that things like smooth spaces, etc are the dreams of capitalism. That D&G is not a logic against capitalism, but actually capitalism's logic.

I have tended to prefer the cards that D&G's philosophy is used by IDF and also the Caren Kaplan (and others) that D&G's nomadism obscures power differentials and repeats the same tropes of colonialism.