Sign in to follow this  
Synergy

Post a Zizek Card = Get Synergy Tare-down

well, kids, you see now...

every zizek card is just a lot of colorful references like the packaging of a fast food product that don't contain any real substance in proving the arg, so you could say every zizek card is like diet coke: it is something disguised as nothing. no wait it is actually like the movie matrix, because he only gives the illusion of having used logic to prove some causality, but really it's a bunch of preprogrammed cliches. no wait on second thought it is actually more like the new miley cyrus hit single "party in the usa" where she says "and the jay-z song was on" even tho she said she doesn't listen to jay-z, same how zizek reduces everything to lacan's theories as fan-service.

5i0eH.jpg

Edited by Synergy

well, kids, you see now...

every zizek card is just a lot of colorful references like the packaging of a fast food product that don't contain any real substance in proving the arg, so you could say every zizek card is like diet coke: it is something disguised as nothing. no wait it is actually like the movie matrix, because he only gives the illusion of having used logic to prove some causality, but really it's a bunch of preprogrammed cliches. no wait on second thought it is actually more like the new miley cyrus hit single "party in the usa" where she says "and the jay-z song was on" even tho she said she doesn't listen to jay-z, same how zizek reduces everything to lacan's theories as fan-service.

I laughed.

avid zizek fan - "I cant understand what your saying, you didnt make a crude sexual joke or reference masterbation! i appreciate the cultural references though, and if you make those, you have to be writing like zizek!"

lol

ITT we make fun of arguments we don't understand because if it's not Mearsheimer and requires me to read a couple of books then it's meaningless damnit! And spell check? Who the hell uses that.

ITT we make fun of arguments we don't understand because if it's not Mearsheimer and requires me to read a couple of books then it's meaningless damnit! And spell check? Who the hell uses that.

Once, when Lacan was attending a performance of Die glückliche Hand, he carried with him a lucky coin. Of course, Lacan knew the coin wasn't really lucky. But he would pull the coin out as he mingled before the performance and tell everyone about it. "See this," he would say, "it is my lucky coin." He would then share with men how whenever he had the coin, he would get lucky with the ladies. When he was with the women, he would say the coin is lucky because when he holds it, he meets the most beautiful women.

The real joke here is the same as the famous Slovenian joke about the Jew. See, the Real reason the coin was lucky is because Lacan would buy prostitutes with it (much like some racist thing about jews). Thus, we have properly situated the ethical Act. In a truly Kantian gesture, the buying of prostitutes displaces the object-commodity relation with Vaginas.

• Upvote 1