wayfreshnclean

Successful Affs

Fail-christian can't recognize a nietzsche quote...

could it be, that this sage had not heard the news, that God is dead?

You probably also don't get the context of this quote, or what it meant to nietzsche, so your answer makes no sense.

also, in nietzsches context you killed God.

EDIT: also, prove God or gtfo

You're right. I forgot to indict and debate nietzsche everytime i see "god is dead" therefore i could never recognize a nietzsche quote, nor could i ever understand it. I forgot that since i beleive in God i must be an idiot.

God exists. bible says so. Theres your proof.

• Downvote 1

I think we've found the Madman.

Good is dead, and we have killed him. Nietzsche wrote a little story that says so. There's your proof.

Edited by Policy Tiger
  • Downvote 1

Good is dead, and we have killed him. Nietzsche wrote a little story that says so. There's your proof.

This would be fine and dandy but when Nietzsche says that God is dead, he is talking in a metaphorical sense, that the morals and value that we pull from religion/God is dead. So cool Nietzsche thinks we shouldnt focus on the world we are not in, not pull morals from God or religion, none of this disproves God's existence.

You're right. I forgot to indict and debate nietzsche everytime i see "god is dead" therefore i could never recognize a nietzsche quote, nor could i ever understand it.

that's precisely what i was saying, yes. Explain to me the context of nietzsche's quote or stop being a smartass. You can't be cocky if you don't know what you're talking about

I forgot that since i beleive in God i must be an idiot.

no, just misguided.

not proof. Why isn't the Torah or the Qu'ran correct if this logic is true? Remember, i said prove. And faith isn't proof, because it's not logic.

thanks for making me laugh, bro.

This would be fine and dandy but when Nietzsche says that God is dead, he is talking in a metaphorical sense, that the morals and value that we pull from religion/God is dead. So cool Nietzsche thinks we shouldnt focus on the world we are not in, not pull morals from God or religion, none of this disproves God's existence.

It is impossible to disprove something's existence. That is why Nietzsche's argument holds so much weight. It is a reason that we shouldn't have faith. I think an applicable quote might be: "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."

And now, coming into contact with you, I feel I must wash my hands.

No, it doesn't disprove his existence, it makes his existence irrelevant. It means even if there was a god, we shouldn't look to him for purpose, or morals. I could concede that god existed, but you would still 'link' at the point where you look to god for meaning.

And now, coming into contact with you, I feel I must wash my hands.

be careful of this: it's not a far road to johnny 23 in which we much wash our hands of his rock ape kind.

thats a baylor product go to open evidence to find the corresponding neg

Bringing this thread back

Now that the season is coming to a close in a couple more months, what affirmative cases do ya'll think were dank on this season's topic?

I'll start:STEM, LSC, Illegal Immigrant Medicaid, Trio and Gear Up, Food Stamps (kinda)

Now that the season is coming to a close in a couple more months, what affirmative cases do ya'll think were dank on this season's topic?

I'll start:STEM, LSC, Illegal Immigrant Medicaid, Trio and Gear Up, Food Stamps (kinda)

Broadband. Abortion. Immicaid. Food stamps.

what's this?

LSC, Damien's trade aff, Natives, disabilities. Grapevine's Street Paper's aff is pretty cool too.

Head Start and LSC make me angry, especially for the teams that run tiny advantages with them. No good case specific DA's means the aff gets the upperhand every time.

what's this?

Its an education aff for grades 6 - college graduation. It like includes a variety of programs that help kids graduate college. Couensling, tutoring, mentoring, even talent searching. The good thing about this aff is that theres hardly any lit on it, and the only available lit is aff. I have been trying to cut a comprehensive neg file on this aff, but its been just about impossible.

http://www.coenet.us/ecm/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Directory_of_TRIO_GEAR_UP&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=6584

LSC, Damien's trade aff, Natives, disabilities. Grapevine's Street Paper's aff is pretty cool too.

What type of Natives aff? LSC for Natives or Indian Health Care?

Do you or anybody else have a good LSC neg?

What type of Natives aff? LSC for Natives or Indian Health Care?

FDPIR, the Bison aff. It's pretty good. IHS isn't bad either.

Do you or anybody else have a good LSC neg?

Haha, i have a good neg for MY aff. But in general, that's what makes LSC good. no specific neg.