gopal

College Basketball 2009-10

Kansas will win their sixth straight Big 12 Championship title, their seventh Big 12 Tournament title, their ninth overall Big 12 regular season championship, their 16th total Big 12 title, their 53rd conference championship, appear in their 39th NCAA tournament, extend their consecutive NCAA appearances streak to 21 (longest current streak in the NCAA), receive their ninth number one seed, appear in their 14th Final Four and win their sixth National Championship.

In other news, Bill Self and Texas' Rick Barnes are currently discussing a second Kansas-Texas basketball game every season. Currently they schedule one game a year per conference rules, this second game would not count in the conference standings, thus it would be a non-conference game. In years in which the conference game is played in Austin, the non-con game will be held in Kansas City, and when held in Lawrence the game would be played in Dallas.

This is awesome news. Hopefully it works out.

the big ten will finally win the acc/big 10 challenge

lol.

in other news Duke will suck....again...and UNC will somehow use the best coaching/recruiting in the country and make the final four after blowing out the acc.

the big ten will finally win the acc/big 10 challenge

I enjoy the homerism... but at the very least Duke, VT, Maryland, and Clemson are gonna win. No chance the ACC doesnt take at least 2 of the others.

lol.

in other news Duke will suck....again...and UNC will somehow use the best coaching/recruiting in the country and make the final four after blowing out the acc.

Recruiting... yes. Coaching? Roy is probably somewhere in the middle of the pack for ACC coaches with in game decisions.

I enjoy the homerism... but at the very least Duke, VT, Maryland, and Clemson are gonna win. No chance the ACC doesnt take at least 2 of the others.

Recruiting... yes. Coaching? Roy is probably somewhere in the middle of the pack for ACC coaches with in game decisions.

hey, dont take about little dean that way ;)

the resident carolina homer has, as always, forecast the blue devils far below their capabilities. but whatever. also, this is me co-signing the notion that roy williams is a marginally above average coach at best when it comes to actually, you know, doing stuff other than recruiting.

the big10 acc challenge results will be as follows:

Penn State at Virginia: tony bennet factor + penn state suck factor

Maryland at Indiana: indiana is still not a real team

Michigan State at North Carolina: edge home team

Northwestern at N.C. State: northwestern is the answer to this trivia question: "which of these teams sucks more?"

Virginia Tech at Iowa: iowa could be the team that doesn't even crack the top ten in the big ten

Wake Forest at Purdue: i'll give this to the home team, but purdue reeks of having that perennially overrated 'wisconsinesque' preseason outlook

Boston College at Michigan: michigan SHOULD win this, but teams like michigan tend to only win the games they shouldn't.

Duke at Wisconsin: well of course i was picking this

Florida State at Ohio State: man, ohio state got an easy draw

Illinois at Clemson: one of these teams has ncaa tournament talent, and oh btdubs, they're also playing at home

Minnesota at Miami: early in the year, i'll give the edge to minnesota, but damn those u youngins are talented

7-4 acc

my prediction is that tony bennett's new team at uva is going to shock some people. this cavaliers team is screaming "gonna upset a better team and effect the conference standings"--their last two home games are against duke and maryland which are probably in the top three picture in the acc this year. virginia could very easily play spoiler. finally, some acc caliber talent in sylven landesberg and mike scott--not to mention sammy zeglinski's imminent breakout season and the appearance of tristan spurlock.

the resident carolina homer has, as always, forecast the blue devils far below their capabilities. but whatever. also, this is me co-signing the notion that roy williams is a marginally above average coach at best when it comes to actually, you know, doing stuff other than recruiting.

the big10 acc challenge results will be as follows:

Penn State at Virginia: tony bennet factor + penn state suck factor

Maryland at Indiana: indiana is still not a real team

Northwestern at N.C. State: northwestern is the answer to this trivia question: "which of these teams sucks more?"

Virginia Tech at Iowa: iowa could be the team that doesn't even crack the top ten in the big ten

Wake Forest at Purdue: i'll give this to the home team, but purdue reeks of having that perennially overrated 'wisconsinesque' preseason outlook

Boston College at Michigan: michigan SHOULD win this, but teams like michigan tend to only win the games they shouldn't.

Duke at Wisconsin: well of course i was picking this

Florida State at Ohio State: man, ohio state got an easy draw

Illinois at Clemson: one of these teams has ncaa tournament talent, and oh btdubs, they're also playing at home

Minnesota at Miami: early in the year, i'll give the edge to minnesota, but damn those u youngins are talented

7-4 acc

my prediction is that tony bennett's new team at uva is going to shock some people. this cavaliers team is screaming "gonna upset a better team and effect the conference standings"--their last two home games are against duke and maryland which are probably in the top three picture in the acc this year. virginia could very easily play spoiler. finally, some acc caliber talent in sylven landesberg and mike scott--not to mention sammy zeglinski's imminent breakout season and the appearance of tristan spurlock.

Virginia will beat Maryland. That's not even really a question. But in the long run, Bennett is gonna make Virginia really good. Not UNC/Duke good, but top half of the ACC and perennial NCAA tournament team which is probably the absolute ceiling for that program.

And I pretty much agree on your big ten acc challenge results except NC State sucks worse than northwestern and BC will beat Michigan.

Funny how we'll play them and home and not insist on a football field.

Seriously tho, REVENGE!!!

Also, Duke wont be awful but its hard to win at the Kohl Center

Funny how we'll play them and home and not insist on a football field.

Seriously tho, REVENGE!!!

Also, Duke wont be awful but its hard to win at the Kohl Center

no chance at the smith sir.lol j/k it will be closer than last yr im sure...

1st poll out:

1. Kansas (27) 0-0 770

2. Michigan State (3) 0-0 732

3. Texas 0-0 676

4. North Carolina (1) 0-0 653

5. Kentucky 0-0 635

6. Villanova 0-0 620

7. Purdue 0-0 586

8. Duke 0-0 528

9. West Virginia 0-0 501

10. Butler 0-0 408

11. Tennessee 0-0 406

12. California 0-0 370

13. Washington 0-0 364

14. Connecticut 0-0 361

15. Michigan 0-0 279

16. Oklahoma 0-0 244

17. Ohio State 0-0 241

18. Minnesota 0-0 151

19. Mississippi State 0-0 149

20. Georgia Tech 0-0 136

21. Georgetown 0-0 134

22. Dayton 0-0 130

23. Louisville 0-0 123

24. Clemson 0-0 114

25. Syracuse 0-0 111

Edited by Dub8dude

Kansas is number one over Michigan State.

Guess it from losing to them twice last season, them returning 4 starters, and one of our players being suspended for half the season for a DUI.

oh wait...

• Upvote 1

Kansas is number one over Michigan State.

Guess it from losing to them twice last season, them returning 4 starters, and one of our players being suspended for half the season for a DUI.

oh wait...

No it's because Collins and Aldrich are back, Tyshawn Taylor has imporved and Xavier Henry is now on the team. Anyone voting anybody over Kansas doesn't deserve their vote.

Kansas also takes the AP number one...Mich. State is two.

No UCLA? I know we lost a bunch of seniors like Collison and we have a lot of underclassmen but they're still a pretty good bunch.

you guys (and the voters who put em at number 4) are silly about north carolina

I'll agree with that. North Carolina should probably be in the 10-15 range. Duke at 8 is kind of a joke too. They have 3 guards on the team... and one should be a senior in HS now. The ACC will be strong top to bottom, but there isnt the same strength at the top that we usually have. Also, no chance GT and Clemson finish the season ahead of Maryland (1st team out in both polls). In case people forgot, GT is still coached by Paul Hewitt and Clemson has Trevor Booker and no other good players. I'm not gonna bother with any of the rest of the poll. I'm purely an ACC and Maryland homer.

I'll agree with that. North Carolina should probably be in the 10-15 range. Duke at 8 is kind of a joke too. They have 3 guards on the team... and one should be a senior in HS now. The ACC will be strong top to bottom, but there isnt the same strength at the top that we usually have. Also, no chance GT and Clemson finish the season ahead of Maryland (1st team out in both polls). In case people forgot, GT is still coached by Paul Hewitt and Clemson has Trevor Booker and no other good players. I'm not gonna bother with any of the rest of the poll. I'm purely an ACC and Maryland homer.

I being the UNC fan that I am actually disagree with the polls as well, I feel that we are overated right now. I mean our top returner is D thompson which will mature but how much right I mean you cant really replace Psycho T and Ty lawson with these goons and expect to be that high... or can you? I guess we are the USC <football> progam of college basketball lol. Either way I do feel that the wear brothers, davis, and zeller will all mature by the end of the season and we will prob finish top 8 but who the hell knows...

No it's because Collins and Aldrich are back, Tyshawn Taylor has imporved and Xavier Henry is now on the team. Anyone voting anybody over Kansas doesn't deserve their vote.

Kansas also takes the AP number one...Mich. State is two.

Kalin Lucas and Raymar Morgan are back and Summers and Roe are improved.

THe same team that beat your 4 guys twice last year.

Your main differene is Xavier Henry, who I cannot evaluate because ive never seen him play. Because hes never played a college game.

Your number one ranking is based on speculation.

No UCLA? I know we lost a bunch of seniors like Collison and we have a lot of underclassmen but they're still a pretty good bunch.

Rankings gotta be earned cowboy. Cant just rank a team based upon what you think unproven players will do.

Unless that team is Kansas.

Rankings gotta be earned cowboy. Cant just rank a team based upon what you think unproven players will do.

Unless that team is Kansas.

No one has done anything to earn any ranking yet. What big win does MSU have to separate themselves from Villanova right now?

Those wins over Louisville and Connecticutt that most of our team got.

Im not saying MSU is the best team in teh country, and with the schedule theyre gonna drop a few and be written off by espn as a "disappointment".

But they would beat Kansas

Those wins over Louisville and Connecticutt that most of our team got.

Im not saying MSU is the best team in teh country, and with the schedule theyre gonna drop a few and be written off by espn as a "disappointment".

But they would beat Kansas

Maybe they would beat Kansas... but a Sweet 16 team that returns all 5 starters and had a top 5-10 recruiting class has a pretty good argument to be #1 too. I'm not saying I'd put KU at #1 (I wouldn't) but any poll taken right now is pure speculation. Besides, if MSU gets by UNC they'll be #1. I can guarantee that.