Sign in to follow this  
iheartmalthus

ESA Case neg

This Doremus article is a critique--I assume you can run it against this aff.

Here are two of the Doremus below...

First, the ESA is suffering a crisis of credibility – and public confidence is declining – this will eliminate the ESA’s effectiveness

Doremus 2k4 (Holly, Professor of Law and Chancellor's Fellow, University of California, Davis. “The purposes, effects, and future of the Endangered Species Act's best available science mandate,” Environmental Law, March 22, 2004 pg nexis//ghs-ef)

a. Why Science Is Not Enough ….using the courtroom. Of the 27 decisions since 1999, nine involved anti-regulatory plaintiffs.

The Klamath decision is key to restoring credibility – the plan enhances the decision-making process

Doremus 2k4 (Holly, Professor of Law and Chancellor's Fellow, University of California, Davis. “The purposes, effects, and future of the Endangered Species Act's best available science mandate,” Environmental Law, March 22, 2004 pg nexis//ghs-ef)

Yeah, Greenhill's aff... Endangered Species Act

nathan_debate: They claim the Doremus ev in their 1AC... but thank you :)

n00bduhbait0r: He's a she, just btw.

Edited by iheartmalthus

What prevents you from running Doremus.....sure they have cards in the 1ac--but i'm not sure how that answers the K.

Also you could run a different alternative or another link scenario.

I'm pretty sure Doremus is a method K and/or reps K...which means you could agree with their aff and still K.

A fix the ESA for with a different fix. Although that would only solve one of the advantages.

Fix the CITES via a different fix.

Both of these have tons of alt causes and lots of authors saying how they need to be fixed.

And I have no clue how its topical--it **might** be a social service, but its not just to people living in poverty.

Sign in to follow this