Synergy

Debate Synergy 2 for Web Debate

Is there compatibility for Office 2010 beta right now or is the compatibility being held until Office 2010 is released?

Yeah, I've been running this with Office 2010 - there are only a few very minor differences that I'll work out when MS releases it, but it is all still usable and works as you'd expect.

I have a couple problems with Office 2010, do you have any suggestions to fix them?

1. there is a shadow at the bottom of the flow, that moves down the page as you fill in the flow, can I remove that?

2. the add a copy of a page shortcut always adds a neg flow, never an aff flow

I have a couple problems with Office 2010, do you have any suggestions to fix them?

1. there is a shadow at the bottom of the flow, that moves down the page as you fill in the flow, can I remove that?

not unique to word 2010, i have that on 2007. I was under the impression it was a marker so you know where your flow ends

2. the add a copy of a page shortcut always adds a neg flow, never an aff flow

1. that's a new feature of 1.0.4 that addresses the problem of droping args due to not being able to see all of the flow at once on the screen - it's an end of flow marker. it can't be removed.

2. As the manual says, Add Flow adds a flow similar in type to the current one. So select an aff flow before pressing this button.

Edited by Synergy

how do you use files that are not is the right form(files previously on your computer)?
there is the "reformat in template default" under "format fixes" if you want to reformat the file.

Debate Synergy is working great for me so far, although, whenever I try to export speech to Debate Synergy on word, it says I don't have the synergy template open when I clearly do.

Any ideas?

i love synergy, thanks for making it, it helps a ton

but how would I go about making an Inherency sheet? and, how do you flow inherency just wondering? and I had a great Idea for this a while ago, what if you could make windows switch a window everytime you click a mouse button (for a wireless mouse) It would be really nice for sign posting and etc. because you could just put your overview, LBL and cards in the right order on your word document, 1 document for each arg, then in speech when you switch args just click the button on your mouse. Idk just an idea I would like to see any help on duplicating flow sheets would be apreciated thanks!

i love synergy, thanks for making it, it helps a ton

but how would I go about making an Inherency sheet? and, how do you flow inherency just wondering? and I had a great Idea for this a while ago, what if you could make windows switch a window everytime you click a mouse button (for a wireless mouse) It would be really nice for sign posting and etc. because you could just put your overview, LBL and cards in the right order on your word document, 1 document for each arg, then in speech when you switch args just click the button on your mouse. Idk just an idea I would like to see any help on duplicating flow sheets would be apreciated thanks!

Probably an easier way would be doing some kind of short cut with it. Like CTRL+ number, so like it would go to the next flow, or like ctrl -> to switch to next flow without having to click, b/c that wastes time and you could miss a tag by then.

Word keeps unhighlighting files when I open saved documents with highlighting in them now that I have the template installed, any ideas how to fix it?

Word keeps unhighlighting files when I open saved documents with highlighting in them now that I have the template installed, any ideas how to fix it?

im having the same problem

Is this just for Office 2010?

I'm running Office 2007 and having a small concern:

Where is the virtual tub system located? Is it pre-established or do I need to create new file folders? If so, where?

I'm having a rather annoying issue.

Whenever I have a file open with blocks with proper formatting, when I click "convert to expando" it crashes and says "Run Time 438: object doesn't support this property or method."

I really don't want to manually split all of my files. How do I debug this?

Hey Alex,

I'm gonna read through this thread in more detail later, but we're going paperless and are gonna use Synergy, and one thing I've been wondering is how difficult it is to flow on the same laptop you're reading evidence off of- is it easy to flip back and forth or follow along between ev and flows?

I also have a mac, I dunno if that matters.

i have the same question, about flowing on a laptop, but i have a PC. in case that changes things...

does this still work ok if you dont have excel, just word 2007?

i wouldnt flow on my computer anyway, i just like the tub/expando features

Would you mind making the individual files available again instead of just having the MSI file, please? I'm trying to run it in wine and having some trouble, and it would help to work with individual files. Thanks for all your contributions.