Sign in to follow this  
MakeitRainAff

Yucca Mountain Bad

the aff would be yucca is inherently racist poisons natives then like enviornment adv or some other ones then solvency removing yucca

Sorry if i was confusing before, but i was wondering how you got a link to Yucca Mountain on this year's resolution...

X leads to yucca

yucca bad...

WHAT IS X?

There Is A Yucca Bad File In A Bunch Of Camp Files For Like Every Nuke Energy File

beware listening to mr. roygbiv, he has a nice little dilema with the state of Kansas and a particular act he did.... ;)... even more ironic he has all words in caps...

but, check for yucca stuff in like GDI's nuke power neg file, or even if u check the IFR aff files.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, just check any Nuke neg file from last year. You'll definitely find some there, just watch for repeats.

I think if the plan interprets stopping yucca mountains negative effects it can be considered a social service. or if it offers some sort of service to natives because of yucca or some healthcare or something...

I thought Obama canceled Yucca mountain storage?

nope... he had talks with some people in cabinet/professionals and last i checked, there is talks about cutting yucca funding to low lvls, but not exactly cancelling yucca...

the other side:

3. Turn-long term nuclear storage sites like proposed yucca save the environment.

senator jeff sessions Feb 2000 http://sessions.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=178444

The safe long-term storage of spent nuclear fuel—which has no potential to blow up—is a problem we can and should have solved. By passing S. 1287, we will set in motion a well-researched plan to safely solve this problem once and for all and allow America to move forward in meeting our goals: Cleaning up the environment of nuclear waste and reducing air pollution by continuing to allow the nuclear industry to function.

4. Current nuclear weapons testing are worse than proposed storage facility.

Amy Corbin September 2007 http://www.sacredland.org/endangered_sites_pages/yucca_mountain.html

Yucca Mountain was never deeded to the U.S. government. According to the 1863 Ruby Valley Treaty that the Shoshone signed with the government, most of the area now used by the U.S. military for nuclear weapons testing and the proposed waste storage site was explicitly recognized as Shoshone land. However, the U.S. government now claims 80-90% of it, meaning that the Shoshone are unable to control what happens on their ancestral land. Legislators continue to try to persuade the Shoshone to accept financial compensation for this land, which most view as a way to extinguish aboriginal title and preclude future land claims, easing the way for renewed nuclear weapons testing and waste storage, as well as resource extraction. The Shoshone, who have been exposed to many years of nuclear weapons testing, suffer from high rates of cancer, leukemia, and other diseases— revealing the community health risk that comes from exposure to radiation.