Sign in to follow this  
Debateman

Poverty Warming DA

beef is one option.

the ddi immigration da file has an awesome link for warming.

another option is to run a dedev-esque argument. U.S. consumption to third world is a factor of 32 to 1. higher standards of living = more consumption of fossil fuels, beef, and more energy use -- all contributers to warming. there are good cards that population is insignificant to the consumption factor.

See also Overpopulation (Malthus) or Rights malthus.

Although, the link turn "decreasing poverty stops o-pop" is pretty good--but you can run that impact turn pod with a terminal impact on any disad.

Uniqueness may be an issue, but at camp one method of linkage was through Politics: Cap and Trade. It's probably one of the more direct ways to include warming.

Joebun's idea about cap and trade is decent.

I don't know the cap and trade debate well, however given the emphasis on many of these debates are going to get back to economy good arguments assuming your aff is smart.

You can certainly own the uniqueness on these arguments via both

a) oil dependence arguments (multiple internal links to economy including price)

B) warming destroys economy

c) warming internal links to hege (although there are some Kyoto destroys readiness/hege/leadership arguments--which is a large impetus behind of cap and trade)

You will win a better link/access to the economy but they will 99.9% of the time win timeframe.

Also this strategy (likely) needs a counterplan that doesn't link to the DA to be effective against the aff's presses.

More money = More Hummers = More CO2 = More Global Warming = Al Gore popping a fuse = No US Soft Power.

I think its a pretty sound story, plus you get hege impacts, right?

the more internal links, the better

your right, theirs some holes in it right now. I'll make sure to fill them in with more internals later before i post it on evazon for you guys to purchase.

your right, theirs some holes in it right now. I'll make sure to fill them in with more internals later before i post it on evazon for you guys to purchase.

throw in some "linear impacts" and you can call it the nathan debate special

Sign in to follow this