nathan_debate

Is there a way to cut and paste from Google books?

If you could download it as a pdf, you can cut and paste from Adobe Reader, if not, you can Prt Scr and use paint or some other drawing program to only cut out the text you need.

Otherwise, I'm not sure whether or not cutting and pasting directly from google books is possible.

Use screen print or a screen clipping app. Open it in paste. Then save whatever you have as an image. Finally, use some type of OCR program or website for text.

I love Chris Shattuck.

• Upvote 1

Pirate ABBYY Finereader 9.0 Professional edition for your OCR'ing needs. Its a beast.

OmniPage is better, jus' sayin'. Try it.

Or you could use Google's free OCR program, Tesseract (or FreeOCR for a GUI that works with Tesseract).

In general, though, screenshots are fairly low resolution, about 72dpi, whereas OCR programs want closer to 300dpi.

Edited by Meviin

For PC's your best bet is to print screen and open the document in Paint, crop it down to the card, save as an image file (.jpg, jpeg, tif, etc then OCR it).

For MAC, you can press CMD+SHIFT+3 and select just the book portion of the screen and it will automatically save as an image to your desktop. May need to save it as another file format in order to work with OCR programs depending on your default settings.

I would suggest compiling all of the Images you collect in this manner into one folder so that you can OCR more efficiently.

If you have OneNote (standard with most PCs), use its screen clip. It will automatically save the image on your screen to a notebook. once this is done, rightclick on the image and select "copy text from image." This way you can actually paste the text into a word doc and cut it/format it as you see fit.