Sign in to follow this  
sykesunt

Grapevine Classic Sept. 18-19, 2009

Hello Friends,

I'm pleased to announce that the tournament invitation for the Grapevine Classic is now available on Joy of Tournaments. We are currently seeking qualified debate judges for hire at this year's event. We offer a TOC bid in the quarters of policy, semis in LD, finals in Congress, and finals in Public Forum, and we're qualifier to this year's new IE TOC.

We do our best to pay, feed, and otherwise treat our judges very well. Debate rounds 1-3 will happen at 2pm, 4pm, and 7pm on Friday, Sept. 18. Mutual preference judging will be used in CX & LD, and preference will be given to those hired judges who will most likely be highly preferred across a large portion of our pools. Judges may be hired on a contract or per-round basis, depending on availability. Please contact me to let me know your availability as well as whether you'll need housing on Friday night, Saturday night, or both. Limited housing is available to our hired judges, and preference will be given to those traveling from long distances.

If you know someone who should be asked to judge, please let me know or pass along my contact info. Please note that I rarely check PM.

If you would like to be hired to judge at the tournament, please make sure you've posted your philosophy at http://judgephilosophies.wikispaces.com/ and contact me at sykesjason@verizon.net.

Thanks for your interest!

jason

Nope I'm sorry - we dont have anyone going - if anyone that is going would like to send us stuff - let me know. email me! :)

Octofinals

Dulles KC vs Bellaire FZ

Greenhill KP vs. Greenhill BB

Jesuit College prep DG vs. Heritage Hall SH

Jesuit College Prep YM vs. Westwood MT

Rowland Hall-St Marks AF vs Littleton MJ

St marks MB vs Coppel KD

Westlake MB vs St marks MH

Westwood LR vs Meadows SM

All were flip. The greenhill round was decided with no debate, although i don't know what it was decided for. Quarters should be up soon

Still nothing? why isn't georgia forensics or 3NR on top of this?

well gaforensics doesnt have any correspondent there. Our Texas connection ended up not attending the tournament

Guest andrew-
Octofinals

Dulles KC vs Bellaire FZ

Greenhill KP vs. Greenhill BB

Jesuit College prep DG vs. Heritage Hall SH

Jesuit College Prep YM vs. Westwood MT

Rowland Hall-St Marks AF vs Littleton MJ

St marks MB vs Coppel KD

Westlake MB vs St marks MH

Westwood LR vs Meadows SM

All were flip. The greenhill round was decided with no debate, although i don't know what it was decided for. Quarters should be up soon

octos results

Rowland Hall St. Marks wins. congrats to Arsht and Mario - one of the most underrated teams in the nation making the West proud

Sems:

Westlake (aff) d. St. Marks (3-0)

Rowland Hall (aff) d. Meadows(3-0)

Finals:

Rowland Hall (aff) d. Westlake (3-0)

2NR was cap