RoyersMWD

Nebraska 09-10

Hey, everybody. Congrats to everyone who did well at NIT.

I know Catholic Nationals are a ways out yet, and I don't know if the qualifiers have been decided yet, but I thought I'd give you all a heads-up: I'm planning on being in Omaha during the time CFLs is going on, so if anyone needs to hire a judge and/or coach/card-cutter for that tournament I should be available.

I don't check these forums that much, so if you're interested shoot me an email/facebook message/text/phone call.

So, I'm at nat quals and bored, so congratulations to the Scrubs (North) and Connor/Jesse (South) for receiving byes into nats.

Currently, Westside Sam/Dan are debating South Mary/Brian for a spot at nats. The North district's only current round features Norfolk Tim/Zakk (3-1) against the Wondertwins (3-1), who are debating for the right to debate against the Mutants for a spot at nats.

Congratulations to the Scrubs and Mutants for qualifying to nationals. Ya'll deserve it.

And of course, congrats to Connor/Jesse and Mary/Gonzaba for the same.

I'm real excited for state. Quite a few teams really showed up for districts, and the competition this weekend should be fierce.

I don't know who all broke new arguments at districts, and this message is not targeted at anyone nor is it intended to start any conflicts.

Can everyone who broke new arguments please post them to the wiki ASAP. MS broke a new education aff. T-Snell put it up on the wiki last night. We hope everyone else will follow suit.

Also, can everyone double check their cites, both new and old, and ensure that enough information is posted so that your cards can be found? Thanks.

While we're piling on the congratulations, here's one to Cole Williams who got married last weekend. (Yes, that Cole Williams.) Congrats man.

I would like to echo the congrats to Cole. I don't know if you still check this thing now that you are tied down, but either way congrats and I wish you all the best.

Quarterfinals:

Westside RE d. Millard South SH (2-1)

Westside FC d. Millard South HG (2-1)

Millard West BM d. Millard West WZ (coach's decision)

Millard West AM d. Fremont MV (3-0)

Semifinals:

Westside RE d. Westside FC (coach's decision)

Millard West AM d. Millard West BM (same)

Finals:

Millard West AM [aff] d. Westside ER [neg] (2-1)

Congrats to everyone on a great season, particularly to those who made it to state outrounds. It's been a great year.

So... hope everyone's enjoying their breaks from debate. Where is everyone planning on going to camp?

Happy 6th Birthday Ben!

I'm pretty sure I saw him turning 4 at some point last week. He's growing up so fast.