Oscar the Grouch

college football 2009

that is indeed the kiss of death. we ought to dig through tommy's old posts (i nominate somebody other than me) and engage in some statistical analysis of him calling teams to win and the relationship that has with them actually winning. i'd wager that there is definitely some kind of correlation.

im 50-50 on nfl pick'em lulz

so basically what you are saying is that your ability to pick winners is about as good as flipping a coin?

that's different from what i mean: i mean teams that you are passionately committed to. a lot of times those picks make sense and are rational, but for some reason you picking them just means they're going to lose.

im 50-50 on nfl pick'em lulz

Are you bragging or reaffirming you know nothing about sports?

I can't find the threads now but there was about three weeks on the c-x NFL Pick em where I used a coin and let everyone know that's what I was doing, and the picks came out exactly 50-50.

What's really sad is there haven't been a large number of upsets this year (and there's been a bunch of heavy favorites vs weak teams...NY-Oak to name one), so if you're going off of skill...jesus you're an idiot.

I am by no means an Oklahoma fan but watching Sam Bradford be planted on his shoulder coupled with the look of anxiety and pain on his face makes me want to cry...literally cry.

I'm really torn whenever someone like Bradford or Brady gets injured... I'd never wish that on anyone but I can't deny that there is in the back of my mind a bit of satisfaction that they won't be playing.

So far there's already been one bullshit call against texas... let's see how many we can rack up.

arkansas got screwed. really badly

story of their season. any decent ref crew and arkansas wins that game. florida is gonna lose a game soon.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed; the same can be said about ND vs. USC insofar as it took about 30 yds in penalties and every break possible to get ND in a position to win and they fell (no really, a slip and fall) just a few yds short of what was sure to be the greatest upset win in NCAA football this year. Nonetheless an amazing effort by Weis's group, Matt Barkley is just a goddamned G.

told you guys florida wasn't top of the sec material

also, sam bradford has nobody to blame but whoever called that play

andd the longhorns didn't look good but still have a great chance of running the table in the big 12. nebraska choked, no surprise there; i made bucks off that game today. lolcorn.

jayhawks are probably going to either lose or almost lose again but it will be in a loveable manner so i am okay with this

virginia has decided now to only win conference games, apparently. interesting strategy we'll see how it works out for them

and va tech/ga tech for "boring game of the year [outside the big 10]"

can we ring the death knoll on tebow for heisman talks yet? is clausen out of the realistic race now? did colt take a step backwards? who is winning this thing as of now? zack greinke?

this osu loss probably ends any hope of a big 10 rep in the championship game. i'd say the following teams are most likely to make it as of now, in order

texas

bama

va tech, pending the win i assume they'll get tonight but don't care enough to actually even watch a second of

florida

cincy? iowa? these teams will get hot talk but don't really have a chance realistically. they could deserve it, but i seriously doubt you'd get to see it

yea you would definitely think after a lackluster performance in which it became clear he cant carry the gators with his arm tebows heisman prospects would be in trouble. but this is the chosen one, and so SI's recap of the game reads like this:

"Tim Tebow kept Florida's perfect season intact.

Tebow directed a 69-yard drive in the final minutes, setting up Caleb Sturgis ' 27-yard field goal with 9 seconds remaining that gave the top-ranked Gators a 23-20 win against Arkansas on Saturday.

Was it Tebow's Heisman moment?"

but hey, thats the world we live in

A few things here Sevv: Im not sure that anyone has actually thought UF was the best in the SEC since the UT game but yes you are right, anyone who thinks so after seeing this performance must be in a stellar state of denial.

Like I said I feel so bad for Sam Bradford but im not sure if its the playcall that got him blown up as much as it was lack of communication along the front line (theres actually a great article on ESPN about the value of centers in the league...prime example in this case).

Kansas deserves to be unveiled as an overrated offense first unsound football team and a loss to Colorado (a team that really doesnt deserve to be division 1) would be a fitting proverbial spear to the heart of their season.

Tebow hasnt been in the race since week 2 and Jimmy Clausen should be given the trophy right now in my opinion (revert to the above post about how close he was the biggest win of his career). He is arguably the most clutch/toughest/accurate passer in the country and not just statistically in which then he is outright the most clutch/toughest/accurate passer in the country.

Lastly, with what is likely a season ending injury to tony pike cinci's top five run is over and iowa could easily lose two of the their last 5 games of this season; even if they do make it to the conference championship game Stanzi will snap out of his surprisingly precise state of pocket based passing and begin to do whats he's always done for iowa when they gain late season momentum....throw useless INT's to corners who should be Safeties and to Safeties who should be DT's.

Top five in the country right now:

1. UF

2. UT - Austin

3. Bama

4. USC

5. LSU

florida and texas havent played well enough to earn that. both have been underwhelming and dont play anyone in the nonconference.

bama and usc are the best teams in the country in my opinion.

but thats not gonna happen

A few things here Sevv: Im not sure that anyone has actually thought UF was the best in the SEC since the UT game but yes you are right, anyone who thinks so after seeing this performance must be in a stellar state of denial.

Top five in the country right now:

1. UF

2. UT - Austin

3. Bama

4. USC

5. LSU

not the best in the sec but tops in the country? boy you crazy, or drunk.

florida and texas havent played well enough to earn that. both have been underwhelming and dont play anyone in the nonconference.

bama and usc are the best teams in the country in my opinion.

but thats not gonna happen

usc's not. texas played against a real good oklahoma team today, they just were missing their qb but their defense is still good. i'd say texas has played well enough to warrant #2, and i'd give bama #1

bama is def #1.

texas prob 2

to be honest, after that, its just a mess.

iowa wins ugly, but thats big 10 football.

lsu has its clear shortcomings, as does florida.

usc is no where near the top.

miami? seriously?

thanks to va tech losing gloriously, we rid ourselves of that one.

really, after the top two, its just a mess.

this osu loss probably ends any hope of a big 10 rep in the championship game. i'd say the following teams are most likely to make it as of now, in order

texas

bama

va tech, pending the win i assume they'll get tonight but don't care enough to actually even watch a second of

florida

cincy? iowa? these teams will get hot talk but don't really have a chance realistically. they could deserve it, but i seriously doubt you'd get to see it

Ioway could go undefeated still.

Disclaimer: My above rating of the top five programs in the country is most definitely not a personal opinion poll instead it is a reflection of what I think the AP (lets get this part right ppl, the AP not the coaches or Harris or dipshit polls that exist) will be not what it should be

virginia has decided now to only win conference games, apparently. interesting strategy we'll see how it works out for them

It'll work fine. Groh's been doing it for years. Thats why he still has a job. Also, lol at me for standing outside to watch that game.

I'm really torn whenever someone like Bradford or Brady gets injured... I'd never wish that on anyone but I can't deny that there is in the back of my mind a bit of satisfaction that they won't be playing.

Meh, I have no problem when it happens to Brady. But I really feel for Bradford. These injuries mightve just cost him the equivalent of the GDP of a small African nation.

lol.

I don't like seeing ANY player get hurt - if you want good players to get hurt then you're saying you want to shitty football. if you want bad players to get hurt then you don't trust your team. I always get sad when i see ANY player get hurt.

lol.

I don't like seeing ANY player get hurt - if you want good players to get hurt then you're saying you want to shitty football. if you want bad players to get hurt then you don't trust your team. I always get sad when i see ANY player get hurt.

i am only sad that the above post is unworthy of relocation to here.