Oscar the Grouch

college football 2009

LOL

thats what i have to say. you crack me up when you make the same comparisons.

if all you care about is kansas, then refrain from making comments about other teams and players. because obviously, you dont care about them. oh, and no one is telling you that you have to watch games that dont have kansas on the field. you're the one putting yourself through something you dont like - not the media.

k thanks.

PS - no, i dont think past records indicate anything about present. i also dont think the alamo bowl record means diddly. but its kinda fun just to slap tommy around when he doesnt know what he is talking about.

but the alamo bowl is a reasonable barometer since it pairs two middle of the pack teams from their respective conferences. assuming that most teams play crap teams for their non-conf (which is true) and win all if not most of them, then the middle of the pack teams are teams that finished roughly in the middle of their conference. while no one team EVER represents their conference, its kinda stupid to say that as a whole, play within a conference isnt of similar styles.

Edited by Ankur

i think my best comment in this thread was that college football sucks because there is no rational way to discuss how the top teams compare. so im with you sev

Oregon's offense is looking really good. Its too bad they lost to Boise that first week else they would be an interesting team in the national championship mix (and help put another nail in the coffin of the craptastic BCS).

Ingram will win tonight... but Suh will get the most 1st place votes. I just made this wager (getting 5-1 odds). I also wouldnt be shocked if Gerhart got more 1st place votes than Ingram.

i am just happy neither tebow nor mccoy got it.

and i would have been really happy if suh got it.

i am just happy neither tebow nor mccoy got it.

and i would have been really happy if suh got it.

The fact McCoy finished 3rd was a joke. He was worse than Tebow this year.

oregon state is making us look a lot better than we are

IDK about that the Pac-10 looked like shit. But it also shows that the MWC means bussiness and come with a chip on their shoulders. Look at WYO, we were underdogs and won.

IDK about that the Pac-10 looked like shit. But it also shows that the MWC means bussiness and come with a chip on their shoulders. Look at WYO, we were underdogs and won.

Not only is this wrong, you posted it three times, making it TRIPLE wrong.

who would have ever thought that SMU would not only make it to a bowl game, but win one.... considering the death penalty....

I am sorry mr official, but you blew the call. USC kicked the ball after the punt. BC recovered. Its BC ball.

BC got robbed.

I mean, Ankur, seriously - your best 'team' is Ohio State who's only real non-big10 match up was against....USC. And they lost.

Then you have penn state which is a joke (hello the only worst non-conference schedual worse than florida's.) and Iowa (who really just got lucky this year). I don't know if YOU watch big 10 football but whenever a big 10 team hits a mobile QB they suck (Ohio State and texas, ohio state and florida....wait. Just ohio state sucks - which wouldn't be a bad thing IF THEY WEREN'T THE "BEST" TEAM IN THE BIG FUCKING 10!).

I'd take a big 12-big 10 match up any day of the week.

lol

Tommy, WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING? HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING?

Lets recap the games featuring two ranked teams:

Iowa over GT

Ohio State over Oregon

Penn State over LSU

Wisconsin over Miami

How did they do it? Defense, defense and more defense. Granted, the PSU game might as well have been played in a hurricane bc the conditions were just that sloppy (its bad when you see raindrops causing splashes all over the field... aka a lake). But all of them basically still managed to just flat out shut them down. Its nice to note that the Big Ten was the dog in almost all of the games too.

The games we lost? All featured unranked Big Ten teams against unranked opponents and they lost because they tried to get into shootouts against their opponents:

Auburn (38) over Northwestern (35) - 425 yards to 625 (but 5 ints) and it would have gone to double OT had walker not called for a fake in the 1st OT instead of a tying FG

Iowa St (14) over Minnesota (13) - Neither team could stop each other, they just stopped themselves... repeatedly. They deserved a double loss.

TT (41) over MSU (31) - game was much closer than the score. MSU has no defense, esp after losing 14 players to deserved suspensions

Big 12 is still better dog. Woof woof

I tire of your foolishness. Its amazing you ever considered yourself a debater.

also note that tommy's original point was that the big ten cant stop mobile quarterbacks. iowa and ohio state didnt have much trouble with quarterbacks who were supposed to be the best in the country running the spread option.

i dont beat up on Oklahoma for losing every time they play someone good not named Texas. pot, meet kettle. at least the big 10 is starting to play better in big games. remember when we barely lost to a Texas team trying to prove it was a national championship contender while starting a true freshman last year?

while im here, shall we talk about who should be very good next season? Boise State, Oregon, TCU, and Ohio State should be very good. Florida, Texas, Penn State, and Oklahoma will be transitioning. USC should be better. Miami could be dangerous. Thoughts?

also note that tommy's original point was that the big ten cant stop mobile quarterbacks. iowa and ohio state didnt have much trouble with quarterbacks who were supposed to be the best in the country running the spread option.

i dont beat up on Oklahoma for losing every time they play someone good not named Texas. pot, meet kettle. at least the big 10 is starting to play better in big games. remember when we barely lost to a Texas team trying to prove it was a national championship contender while starting a true freshman last year?

while im here, shall we talk about who should be very good next season? Boise State, Oregon, TCU, and Ohio State should be very good. Florida, Texas, Penn State, and Oklahoma will be transitioning. USC should be better. Miami could be dangerous. Thoughts?

I can't believe you left Nebraska out of this list. While I am biased being a Husker fan, there isn't a question that they will be a stronger force next year. Not a national championship force but I wouldn't put Big 12 champions past them and a BCS bid. Practically our entire offense is returning along with several big play makers on defense.

While I am not an Iowa fan, they will still be pretty strong next year. I agree with everyone else you had on the list although I don't see much hope for USC or Oklahoma.

Edited by Lynn C. Thompson