Oscar the Grouch

college football 2009

tcu as a team deserves a shot at the championship as much as colt does

Truth. Theyre not as good as Texas, but their resume is more impressive.

I don't count the a&m game as a regular showing for our defense. The rivalry ensures that it's always a close game, no matter how terrible tamu is playing and how great we are.

Tebow has a heisman and a championship, neither of which he deserves. This is Colt's year. If anyone in college football deserves either of those, it's him.

and why again is it that close rivalry games in otherwise uneven matchups in other conferences dont deserve the same forgiveness?

Tebow has a heisman and a championship, neither of which he deserves.

explain to me why florida doesnt deserve their championship or that tebow doesnt deserve the heisman. i hate the gators as much as a seminole fan, but seriously? i am not saying that colt isnt equally good as tebow in the college game, but can you seriously say that tebow isnt deserving of such praise?

the big 10 has no pass d and they struggle against qb's that know how to move.

do you even watch big ten football? they dont struggle against mobile QBs.

i'd put ou, tech, a&m, okie state, texas, or nebraska against anyone in the big 10.

really? seems to me that a&m has a long streak of losing to big ten teams. in fact, you have to go back to i think 1995 before a&m has beat a big ten team. and before that, around 1975 until the next most recent win.

so. seriously?

Well tommy, thanks to the alamo and insight bowls, that will happen.

i dont know about that. it depends on the matchup. the big ten sucks this year (much like last year)... and its very very probable we get two teams in the bcs which means we bump all the teams up a bowl level and create more uneven matchups in the lower bowls.

I mean, Ankur, seriously - your best 'team' is Ohio State who's only real non-big10 match up was against....USC. And they lost.

Then you have penn state which is a joke (hello the only worst non-conference schedual worse than florida's.) and Iowa (who really just got lucky this year). I don't know if YOU watch big 10 football but whenever a big 10 team hits a mobile QB they suck (Ohio State and texas, ohio state and florida....wait. Just ohio state sucks - which wouldn't be a bad thing IF THEY WEREN'T THE "BEST" TEAM IN THE BIG FUCKING 10!).

I'd take a big 12-big 10 match up any day of the week.

also, how far back do you have to go to see a big 10 school beating a big 12 school? Before 1995?

Tommy, have you not yet learned never to talk sports?

Texas certainly is the better team this year. But Indiana is better than your worst team. Top to bottom, I think the average Big 10 team is actually better than the average Big 12 team this year.... though agreeably, it would be close. Hence why I stated... "as bad as the big ten is..." But reading comprehension was never your strong suit.

Texas barely beat Ohio State last year in the Fiesta bowl. Thanks to a last minute 4th Q touchdown. Thats 3rd year Heisman candidate McCoy over an OSU team led by 1st yr QB Terrelle Pryor. And the mobility of Colt McCoy was where? Oh thats right. 8 rushes for -15 yards? That for a QB who ran for nearly 600 yards last year and was never otherwise held to negative yards on the ground. And in 2006, 3rd yr QB Troy Smith slaughtered first year QB Colt McCoy IN TEXAS 24-7.

You do *ofcourse* realize that the Big 12 plays the big 10 every year in the Alamo Bowl, right? And that in the history of the Alamo bowl locked matchup between the two conferences, the Big 10 is 8-6, right? And that the only two shutouts in that series belong to Big 10 over Big 12 - one of which was a 24-0 pasting over an 18th ranked A&M (by Penn State btw)?

And you do realize that although a Chase Daniel led offense at Missouri *barely* squeaked out an overtime win over a mediocre Northwestern team (thanks to a late 4th Q tying FG) despite being outgained in total yards and had giving more than a 10 minute advantage in TOP to NWern... Penn State beat A&M in the year prior.

Since you decided to open your mouth, the all-time combined Big Ten teams vs Big 12 teams record is 212-152 in favor of the Big 10. Thats not even remotely close. Only two Big 10 teams have losing records against the Big 12 - Minnesota and Illinois (big shocker).

Just

Stop

Talking

Sports.

You

Arent

Good

At

It

Edited by Ankur

Prove it.

I can't. It's more of an eyeball judgment. But if I'm a voter I probably put TCU at 3 and Texas at 4 because I'm more impressed by what they've done this year than I am by what Texas has done.

Let me preface this by saying I am almost certain that Texas will beat NE for the Big 12.

However, if by some work of God we pull out a W, what will the national championship look like? Boise? TCU?

From what I can tell, in a world where Nebraska pulls out a miracle win over Tejas, the championship becomes TCU v. SEC Champ. That, incidentally, is the game I really want to see.

Let me preface this by saying I am almost certain that Texas will beat NE for the Big 12.

However, if by some work of God we pull out a W, what will the national championship look like? Boise? TCU?

I doubt Boise will ever have that shot. They would have to jump up about 3 or 4 spots. TCU would have a good chance at it i think. But then again they might be blocked out by cincinnati. Who has played just as good of teams if not better.

I hope NE wins, and we know Florida or Alabama will drop. So I just hope TCU gets it's chance.

i hope someone nukes whatever stadium florida and alabama are playing at. pretty sure that alexander 03 card says that such an attack would lead to the extinction of the bcs.

i hope someone nukes whatever stadium florida and alabama are playing at. pretty sure that alexander 03 card says that such an attack would lead to the extinction of the bcs.

you are a wonderful human being

--

also, i'm pretty sure i'm excited for whatever nat'l championship game happens.

you are a wonderful human being

--

also, i'm pretty sure i'm excited for whatever nat'l championship game happens.

yea, because your team will be in it

dont be bitter.

if one were to nuke the UF-bama game, a new BCS rule would be: only one team from the state of texas can play and mack brown doesnt get it because he begs for being given the big game. welcome TCU!

If Texas lost I'd assume it would be Cincinnati who got into the NC assuming they get past Pitt. They're so close to TCU already and the SOS boost they get should be enough to get them there. Which kinda sucks.

i'm not bitter, i just fucking hate florida. and would prefer to see tcu play texas, because inter-texas games at the elite level are always fucking awesome while sec games are rarely spectator delights

i'm not bitter, i just fucking hate florida. and would prefer to see tcu play texas, because inter-texas games at the elite level are always fucking awesome while sec games are rarely spectator delights

not everyone is excited by basketball scores in a football game. why not just pull the defenses off the field in big 12 games? its not like they could stop a pop warner team anyways. something is wrong when your teams score on more drives than not. but at least by pulling the defenses off the field, you could see even more touchdowns!

dont be bitter.
Unlike Chris, I'm fine with whoever gets to play in the BCS title game. Iowa State beat Nebraska, Missouri beat Kansas, and Penn State lost to Iowa (and will finish out of the Top 10). Life is good... ;)

Unlike Chris, I'm fine with whoever gets to play in the BCS title game. Iowa State beat Nebraska, Missouri beat Kansas, and Penn State lost to Iowa (and will finish out of the Top 10). Life is good... ;)

hey. im with you. penn state looks terrible. our offensive line is garbage.

but we might stay in the top 10 depending on who we end up facing in a bowl game. if we hit the ACC in the orange bowl, likelihoods are, we win. if we hit an SEC team in the citrus bowl, likelihoods are we lose.

hey. im with you. penn state looks terrible. our offensive line is garbage.

but we might stay in the top 10 depending on who we end up facing in a bowl game. if we hit the ACC in the orange bowl, likelihoods are, we win. if we hit an SEC team in the citrus bowl, likelihoods are we lose.

No. PSU isn't as good as GT.

No. PSU isn't as good as GT.

If thats true, GT would slaughter Texas. At least Penn State knows how to play defense.

you misinterpret my beef. coverage of any game with tim tebow is absolutely not something i am willing to put myself through. the media's obsession with inserting his virgin dick in their mouths is not something i want to endure.

and while i'm at it, quit assuming that every time i complain about having to watch football i don't care about it's because the style of play doesn't conform to some nfl blitz 2000 standard i hold for the game of football. nfl blitz 2000 is a game i play [and will beat anyone here at] but it's not the game i watch college football for. if kansas's playing style became iowa's, i'd still only care about kansas. i watch what my teams put on a field. i could care less about the others, and the few teams that i come to sincerely dislike all share one thing in common: espn, or stupidhomerfans, keep shoving teams down my throat as being better than they actually are, or, worse, as being something i should care about.

and while i'm at it, it's one thing when tommy says tommy things, it's another thing when you yell at tommy for saying tommy things and then turn around and do something equally insipid.

YOU CAN'T COMPARE CONFERENCES IN FOOTBALL. THE SAMPLE SIZE IS NOT GREAT ENOUGH. IT IS POINTLESS. the coaches trying to do it in the coaches poll can't do it; the journalists trying to do it in the media polls can't do it; the computers trying to do it with their formulas can't do it. what the fuck makes you think you can do it by appealing to data points like bowl games from several years ago with players no longer in those programs? how the fuck is that relevant to this year? do you really think the history of the alamo bowl provides an accurate predictor for how these conferences compare each year? if so, it would have predicted a texas tech win in '96 [they lost], a northwestern win in '00 [they lost], a michigan state win in '03 [they lost], a michigan win in '05 [they lost], an iowa win in '06 [they lost] and a northwestern win in '08 [they lost]. so, from the years with big10/big12 records to guess based off of from 96-08, the numbers have been wrong 6 times and inconclusive once [97, records were 1-1]. huh, kind of makes it seem like a pretty shitty predictor. you know, kind of like how logic would make it seem it would be, given that the sample size is SO FUCKING SMALL and the continuity is NONEXISTENT. but i probably didn't need to go into this because any reasonable person would look at this and go "oh, i guess history really doesn't mean shit as far as predicting outcomes right now, does it? i guess the fact that the only shutouts in the alamo bowl have been doled out by big10 teams doesn't really say much about the competitiveness between the conferences, huh? yeah, now that i think of it, this whole discussion is COMPLETELY. FUCKING. VACUOUS."

huh. this kind of turned into a rant.

fuck it. stop being stupid