Sign in to follow this  
VLORD

Kato answers needed

I am working on something and I need a file to answer the Kato kritik. If someone could post a link to a camp file or something that would be nice. Since I am out of high school I have no evidence to offer in return for this.

Thanks

like I said I do not have anything to trade because I am no longer in high school. That is why I am looking for a file that is accessible to everyone - like a camp file or something. Thanks for the offer though.

Guest Piano Man
like I said I do not have anything to trade because I am no longer in high school. That is why I am looking for a file that is accessible to everyone - like a camp file or something. Thanks for the offer though.

I'll sell it to you for $15

no thank you, I am not looking for an exceptional file, just something to base my work off of. I know that people on this forum will sometimes put up a camp file which is on media fire or something like that, so that is what I am waiting for.

Guest Piano Man
no thank you, I am not looking for an exceptional file, just something to base my work off of. I know that people on this forum will sometimes put up a camp file which is on media fire or something like that, so that is what I am waiting for.

$13, and I'll throw in some quality T definitions?

look, I am sure that your file is quite good, but I am not sure I am willing to spend money on it. I am just looking for a camp file that everyone should have access to, but I cannot find.

• Upvote 1

I remember that SDI put out answers a couple of years ago. You might want to look through those and I believe most of the camp backfiles are in another thread.

email him, he's really open to questions about his arguments and he has until the start of the school year to take some questions. He's been really helpful with my questions. mtkato@hawaii.edu

• Downvote 1

Hormesis seesms like a decent answer. Repugnant--but an answer.

Also utility and nuclear war sucks for natives.

Its a form of postcolonial criticism--why not impact turn that.

Guest Piano Man
look, I am sure that your file is quite good, but I am not sure I am willing to spend money on it. I am just looking for a camp file that everyone should have access to, but I cannot find.

What's the most you're willing to pay? $10?

Guest cejjr

It's easier to say representations of nuclear war are good. And read policy first framework, remember, none of "your" answers are responsive in a reps first framework, which is what the negative has to win to win on the k.

Edited by cejjr

sarcasm? hormesis is not a response to anti nuclearism. at best it provides an even more magnified link.

sarcasm? hormesis is not a response to anti nuclearism. at best it provides an even more magnified link.

congratulations for pointing out that impact turns are also links.

Just to add...hormesis turns prove your alt is on balance WORSE for native americans.

Although I think you have to win it in combo with other args. as K team can extend otherization/value of life arguments.

I'm pretty sure Kato is a woman.. Not 100% sure, but just thought it might be important if you run into a feminism debate.

No Kato is a guy. Masahide is a japanese male name....

Why is that important in a fem debate at all.

I'm pretty sure Kato is a woman.. Not 100% sure, but just thought it might be important if you run into a feminism debate.
Gender Fail. 100%, no question Kato is a male.
  • Upvote 1

Guest ertrich123
why would they use that picture, his eyes are clearly closed

ha

I talked quite a bit to kato over the summer, and wrote a brief journal on him for a school assignment. Its not super in depth on his philosophical stances considering my audience, but i think some of it is interesting, here it is if anyone's interested:

This summer, I was able to have the experience of corresponding with one of my favorite political philosophers, Masahide Kato. Kato is a professor of Political Science at the University of Hawaii, where he is also active in the field of philosophy on the side. I decided to email Kato after having read his book, Nuclear Globalism, and thoroughly enjoying it. I received an immediate response in which he was thrilled to find a high school student interested in his book and told me he was free to communicate until the fall semester started. We immediate began to engage in conversation about his whereabouts and personal philosophies.

Professor Kato is a Japanese-American who moved here to go to school and obtain his teaching degree. He became immediately entranced in American philosophy, specifically our fascination with capitalism, nuclear weapons, and colonialism. Kato grew up detesting America’s nuclear capabilities as a consequence with his close proximity with Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Once in America, he quickly drew a connection with the one other race that has felt the power of America’s nuclear arms, Native Americans. He contends in his book, however, that the injustices done to Native Americans are even worse than those done to the Japanese during World War II. This is because, as Kato explains, we keep the nuclear weapons used on Native American land a secret. Not a secret in the traditional sense, but one much more sinister, because we do not treat it as we would any other nuclear holocaust. Silence is the killer.

Kato also has a fond attachment to indigenous people. He said that one of the reasons he chose to live in Hawaii was not just the great climate, but because he felt a connection with the native Hawaiians there. Just like Native Americans, they are another example of victims of American Colonialism. There is even space to contend that the Japanese themselves were subject to that same level of American dominance in years past.

The book, Nuclear Globalism has one central thesis, and it is pointed against American capitalism. Kato contends that the root of all American atrocities is based on the free market society. Even American colonialism is caused exclusively by the desire to expand our wealth and material gain. The truth in Americans coming to North America is not based on the pursuit of religious freedom, but on wealth and commodification.

Since writing Nuclear Globalism, Kato’s sore loathing of American consumerism has only been magnified, thanks to a bad bit of irony. Back in 1993, after Kato had finally finished writing Nuclear Globalism, one of his colleagues was also publishing an article of his own. Before Kato ever had a chance to publish his work, the colleague attached it to his own work and immediately published. Consequently, Kato’s work on philosophy had been rendered virtually useless since he could no longer sell his article for any semblance of profit. If only to make it worse, his article was a big success considering its unexpected release, being read by millions.

Although his article was well respected in the academic community, the bad experience left Kato with a bad taste in his mouth as he decided that the book would be his last venture into philosophy for a while. Kato instead made the move into some more light hearted mediums that he felt were safer from competitors. His newest book, From Kung Fu to Hip Hop, is geared towards the evolution of pop culture in an increasingly globalized world. He continues to avidly pursue philosophy and keep up with other philosopher’s work, but has retreated from writing his own work.

Also, here's a better picture:

6735_1195626257619_1437353999_555155_2772314_n.jpg

Edited by LPCade